General Gaming Discussion

My my, that’s unfortunate. I was always of the opinion that Bioshock evolved quite well from game to game. I found the first game brilliant in all aspects, and the second one to be a worthy successor. While it wasn’t as strong plot-wise, I like how they expanded the possible consequences of the player’s actions including the daughter aspect and added more possible ends, which were, for the most part, quite emotional.
As for the third part, I think they found the right balance between preserving factors that are unique to Bioshock and innovations. For instance, I liked the idea of having a main character with a personality rather than just a mute interface for the player to put himself into. Not only that, they have also established a link to the previous two games.
Last but not least, the story itself was simply amazing and the plot twists just kept coming, one more surprising than the other. And even though it all resulted in a giant mindfuck, I couldn’t help but be seriously impressed once I’ve understood everything (I read an article that explains the entirety of the plot shortly after finishing the game. It was very helpful).
So what was it that you disliked so much about game 2 and 3? ^^

Everything is different when you play the game in one sitting (two for Infinite because 1999 mode). The second game was still really fun, there were just a few things that bugged me; like for example the weapons were all inaccurate as crap, though that did add a certain level of difficulty to the game, so it didn’t bother me too much. The only other problem I really had with the second game was that all of the “moral” choices could be refined down to “what’s more important to you, loot or revenge?” which made me feel like it was forcing me to make the “good” choice. Or at the very least making it an unbalanced moral choice.

I could go on for days about why I didn’t like Infinite, but the most major problem I had with it was the setting. Part of what I liked about Rapture is that it was disconnected from the rest of the world. Despite the fact that the game takes place in a very specific time period, Rapture felt like it was its own special place, unaffected by the rest of the world. Columbia on the other hand seems to embrace the rest of the world, and it even makes a few very VERY specific references to the time period in which it takes place; which I just didn’t like as much. Also, Handymen are bullcrap; a really poor design choice IMO, since you really can’t beat them on the harder difficulties without resorting really cheap tactics (like sky line abuse) or dying a ton until you beat them.

That said though, Infinite was still a good game I just didn’t like it as much. I should also point out that I went into the games with a critical thinking mindset, much like I’m doing with the Mass Effect games right now, so that can probably help to explain some of why I didn’t like the latter two games as much as I had hoped.

It was before I heard the term of MOBA. I definitely saw the difference when I finally did learn of that acronym.

Which doesn’t happen for any other genre. They really need to come up with a new name for MOBA/DotA-like games. Preferably one that actually means something. “Battle Arena” isn’t descriptive at all. Quake could be considered a “Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.”

1 Like

Currently playing through Catherine. Already got the Katherine ending, now I’m heading the other direction and grabbing the Catherine ending. The game is way more funny when going that route I’ve noticed.

Also working through Persona 4 Golden. Marie continues to be insufferable, but its fine because the game itself is still good, if not a little stale.

Finished up The Walking Dead Season 2 last night. Some really tough decisions left me in the minority just about every time. Felt a little bad about my final one, but it reflects my play style the entire season.

I never posted this here, but one of my other passions is arcade music gaming. Dance Dance Revolution is the first thing that comes to mind for most people. Others are beatmania IIDX, jubeat, reflec beat, Groove Coaster, maimai, Guitarfreaks, Drummania, and Pop’n Music.

Specifically arcade, though (and its home variants), so I don’t really Osu that much xP

Incidentally, did any of you play Vindictus? I had a lot of fun with that game and they’re making returnee events on a regular basis.

Finished up Catherine. The True Catherine ending is hilarious. A ton of fun to see. Still going strong in Persona 4 Golden. Trying to beat it before Arena Ultimax releases. Likely will begin Drakengard 3 tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah I did, but like 1 year ago, Played as the girl character with scytche and it was fun! I like action based mmorpgs. For example Im looking forward to Blade & Soul whitch is fantastic action mmorpg … the only problem is that we dont know if its going to be released in EU/US…

woooow just thinking about how many games I like or to say which was the best would take some time. So instead im just going to say what Online games im playing right now, or I like/d the most.

For now I mostly play CS:GO - Counter Strike: Global Offensvie and LoL - League Of Legends. I like all kind of games that are interesting, and I also love to play MMORPGs such as TERA online or Dragon Nest, and some normal ones like Cabal online and so on.
One of my favorite games Im playing nowadays is OSU! a rhytmic music game. I guess a lot of people know about it, its famous among people that likes anime n such. Im currently 71k rank worldwide and Im still improving my skillz. If anyone is interested with playing with me I would be happy :3. My nick there is IkaCZ.

Ok some few words to singleplayer games I liked the most. For sure the atmospheric and one only Deus Ex: Human Revolution, then one of my favs are Far Cry 3, Remember Me and Bastion. Im aslo a big fan of Crysis series.
I think that is all for now, I have so much to say but I feel like I would be spamming by typing some more.

I moved 20 posts to an existing topic: League of Legends General Topic

I’m watching the LCS occasionally, but I kinda enjoy the EU games more (too bad FNatic didn’t make it). Right now, I’m looking forward to see what the asian teams will bring to the worlds.
Incidentally, though I kinda play LoL a lot (I own 19 champions, got 650 wins in bot game Rift, play lots of PvP games in all modes), I have yet to participate in a ranked game. The community is kinda problematic >_>

Scythe Evie? Kinda tricky to play ^^
My main used to be Lann (dual sword dude), but I switched over to Vella (dual sword girl).
I have to say, though, Vindictus was quite amazing during its prime. The story and characters were really interesting and “alive”, by no means annoying like how it’s usually the case with MMOs. Season 2 wasn’t exactly my thing though…

1 Like

Yeah the community is kinda toxic and rage-ish. Still good luck on improving :). Yeah too bad Fnatic didnt make it, I cheered for them and also participated for their gaming seat giveaway.

Also if you want some really good advices or gaming tips, there is a really cool guy, a streamer which plays everything, everywhere and he made me realise a lot of tihngs about the game and mechanics of champions and basically everything. Ill link his twtich below, if you want go check him out. Its a quality streamer you can count on that.

Yeah Evie was it? Cant remember it really well, but one thing that was boring about it (imo) was the dungeon style of play, you clear it, and then some boss and then over again. You can say its the same with online grinding games where you just gain exp from killing or completing quests.
I dont know how much it changed but sometimes I am in a mood to play it.

1 Like

Looks interesting, thx
As far as streamers go, I watch the videos of LegendOfGamer (I don’t normally follow streams). That guy is just really funny and overall entertaining to listen to.

There should really probably be a separate thread for League.

Edit: Biz you’re a hero.

1 Like

I’ve been playing almost only Hearthstone this last months, not very fond of heavy action games I get bored pretty fast. By the way does someone know some rpgs/jrpgs with good storyline that I can play on PC, turn based if possible?

Forgot to mention that, yeah I also played heartshstone in past 4 monhts, and it just get bored really fast.

If you dont mind old rpgs for example like “The Legend of Dragoon” that was on ps1, but it is really good and the storyline really awesome.
I dont know if this one is considered jrpg but it is made in rpgmaker - that kind of 2d stuff, and it has one of tthe best stoylines imo. Its a classic but I hope someone like you will enjoy it. Its called “Last Scenario” and i loved it. It approximetally has like 2 weeks of gameplay or maybe even more.
I nolifed it and it took me 3 weeks of nolife 24/7 days to complete it and I dont regret it.
If you are interested in it go check it out, its worth a try and also its FREE!
Both of these games are turn based as you wanted.
here is a link to last scenario:
http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=8

OHMIGAWD, I still remember this battle music! The nostalgia is overwhelming >_<
Well, as I said, I used to play around with the RPG maker, too (mostly the old ones, the 2000 and 2004 versions). I was even part of a small german RPG maker community. But then I realized that I have a lot more fun playing games than making them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Glad I brought up some good memories ;d. I think if you would have sticked to RPG maker you could do a really cool games. Its always nice to see people making them, because they can make it really awesome!
If you are into these go and look at the Last Scenario, I loved it to the last moment, and its one of the games that should be recommended for those who likes turned base jRPGs :3.

There’s some decent stuff coming out. I’ve been following Cruel Miracle for a long time now, and I’m excited to see if it turns out as amazingly as everyone says, or if it ends up being the Twilight of the rpgmaker world. It certainly has a disturbing atmosphere around, but a lot of writers were disturbing, so whatever~ it I’ve heard that the soundtrack is beautiful though, so I’ll get that at least~

I could probably find a free day to play the game and remember my champions~ I don’t think skill level matters too much though. It’s for fun~