General Gaming Discussion

Oooh… The LB school might actually be possible with aerial shots from the Anime. I WANNA DO THIS NOW XP

Do it faggots, the Anime OP had a fantastic shot of the school from above.

Minecraft? One of the only games I keep playing. As for now I have built MOON.'s Fargo facilities. That was quite easy, actually, except for the part where 2 buildings overlap each other. Had to think in the 3rd dimension to sort that out. And too lazy to build the underground stairs

Also, I’m into Kancolle

If we do a Minecraft project, I’m totally game.

Sounds like a good way to sink long hours into a fun project.

Is anyone else besides me here really into the FF series?
(more specifically referring to the singleplayer entries, not the MMOs)

Man you guys delivered. Bravo. Do you have any plans on doing similar projects?

I’m pretty big into FF. My favorites are probably (English order) 1, 3, 4, 10, 12. I haven’t played all of them, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played. OH, also, even more so than the core titles, I’m really into Final Fantasty Tactics. Strategy games like that are my thing.

Other than that I’ve been playing a lot of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (for the past like nine months) and I recently picked up Monster Hunter 4 and a 3DS LL. Other series I really enjoy are Fire Emblem (mostly 7,8), Disgaea, and Pokemon among many others.

Angel Beats campus. * w *

I got stuck in the pre X era due to not having neither enough time nor money to enter the console war where the PS2 was involved; My favorites were IV, VI, IX and Tactics; I wasn’t much into the VII hype that prevailed during the years.

Brofist Thundergod Cid was OP but I loved his powers >:D. Also, frequent Worker 8 user

You guys are making me feel bad about never having played Tactics. Then again Europe got screwed when it came to that game… @JDAM_Cid @LinkThinks

FFX is my favorite. I only played the SNES titles on the GBA around two years ago, and probably because of that I don’t think of them nearly as highly as most of the American fanbase seems to. I very much liked them though, as I did, in fact, enjoy all the Final Fantasy games I’ve played a lot, and to most of them could go back anytime and have a great time playing them all over again. If there’s one series that shaped me more than Key visual novels, it would be Final Fantasy.

Man, this made me go back and dust off my PSP Go to look at my team. Or, I tried to, but I couldn’t get it to start up. I’m pretty sad now.

But TG Cid and Agrias were total destructive machines. The story in that game was really good, or at least I liked it. The interactions between Ramza and Delita and the unsung hero you become are awesome. I remember getting my guys to level 99 and running through Midlight’s Deep. I bet if I were to play it again I’d be awful, though. I spent a lot of this June playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2. It’d really be fantastic to see another Tactics entry. I hope we’ll get one.

@Karifean Aww, it’s a shame that you never got to play any of them. Be sure to give 'em a try if you get the chance! If I had to pick my favorite FF game (besides Tactics, cause War of the Lions wins) I’d say FFXII. Part of it is probably bias due to it being one of my first, part of it is me just loving the licence board and combat system. I dunno why I enjoy the first FF so much. I think its simplicity is part of its charm. Four random heroes gathered together with no real explanation as to who they are.

I’m not a big game person (gameplay is too much work ;~;) but I’ve dipped into the FF franchise.

I played FF9 when I was really young and it blew me away. I was like “THIS LOOKS REAL!!!” Never finished it, just got lost on the overworld map, but the memories are nice. I’ve played it twice since then but never actually finished. Furthest I got was… uuuh… I remember running away from the queen person underground. Second or third disc I think?

I played the demo of FFX after that, which was interesting. Later got X but stopped playing after Yuna joined the party. Played X-2 until I got lost in the overworld map (I get lost a lot.) I liked the dress-up, even if it was limited.

I had a copy of FFXI, but didn’t actually have internet at the time…

I played FFXII up until I got stuck in the sewers/dungeon part. Couldn’t get used to the gameplay. Blasted through the DS sequel though.

I bought FF7 and got to… I think it was just after the whole Barret-themed arc after going to the theme park place. I then bought a PC copy but stopped at Costa del Sol.
Despite never actually getting far in FF7, I loved the universe. I watched Advent Children (and the featurettes) many times. Dirge of Cerberus was my first shooter game as well, and that was fun. Got right to the end but couldn’t beat Weiss. Eventually my friend broke the disc so I just watched the ending on Youtube.
I bought a PSP just for Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core. I saw CC in a store one day before I had a PSP and… That game had me so hyped, just because it was more FF7. Kinda strange, didn’t like the original game, but loved everything else based around it. The gameplay was sucky, but it’s the best story I’ve seen come out of a game, so worth.

My PSP came with a free copy of Dissidia, but I could never get into it. Story was too cheesy and gimmicky, and the gameplay was repetitive and boring. Managed to finish the Cloud, Squall and Terra stories. I also got the sequel for some reason… but GOD Lightning is annoying. Finished all of the first half, but then stopped after more levels opened up. I eventually warmed up to the gameplay, but… I think it’s more of a party game.

I tried one of the DS remakes too. The fourth I think? “Scooby Doo and the Crystal Kiddies!” or something~ I can’t take the crystal storyline seriously.

I’m more of a Kingdom Hearts person~ Love that franchise. I was one of those weird 12 year old kids on KHVids who figured out BBS’s basic plotline (The Ven/Van stuff) before the game was released after spending hours racking through Ansem reports, replaying Days over and over again, and trying to get meanings out of random symbols on stuff.
I think every console I’ve bought in the past 10 years has been in order to play a KH game. PS3, PSP, DS, 3DS. Gonna have to buy a PS4 one day ;~;

My most recent obsession is Kerbal Space Program. With certain mods, the game can be made stunningly beautiful.

Wow, I totally didn’t notice we had a topic like this.

I’ve been spending a lot of my time on games for over a decade now. It began with the Pokemon Gold Edition on GB Color and I’ve played many games on many different consoles and of many different genres since then. For the most part, my main focus were RPGs like Grandia (my favorite game pre-LB), some FF games, Valkyrie Profile and many others. I’m not sure if it would be easier to list the genres of games I’ve ever played or those I never did. I later switched over to MMORPGs or MMOs in general that I’ve played with my friends until we got tired of them and looked for a new one. Incidentally, my favorite MMORPG is Rising Force Online. I’ve played a lot of LAN games with my friends too, including Terraria, Minecraft, DemiGods (a MOBA), various CoD parts and many others. Console games on the GB Color, GameCube, PSP, PS2, Wii. Only recently, a bit over a year ago, did I start reading VNs.

Right now, me and my friends are playing League of Legends on the EUW server. Previously to that, we played PlanetSide 2.
To be honest, I think LoL will be my last MMO. Once I’m done with it, I’ll focus only on games with a story.

About titles I’m looking forward to… I guess the next Bioshock game.

LoL is an MMO…?

By my definition, it is. It’s Massive Multi and Online. So as long as it’s a game that’s supposed to - and can only - be played by many people on an online server, it’s an MMO in my book.
Rising Force Online is an MMORPG.
Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS (first person shooter).
So LoL should be technically an MMO, even though MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) is the more precise term.

I guess when people hear MMO they immediatly think MMORPG.

I still can’t get used to the term MOBA. I just call them DotA Knockoffs.

Speaking of which, Warcraft III was amazing. The sheer amount of minigames that spawned from that engine is unreal. I still go online every now and then and see if there’re some interesting games around, not to mention I’m still developing a map for it even now.

Well my understanding of an MMO is that it contains a massive number of people (usually upwards of 1000) in a single game instance. LoL only has 10 players per instance, I believe. That makes it an online game, but not an MMO, in the same fashion that TF2 isn’t an MMO.

MOBAs =/= MMOs

The term MOBA exists for a reason.

Yeah, @Wicklebee used to call LoL an MMO before I got into it. I never really understood the reasoning behind that since I consider it to be a MOBA.

[quote=“Naoki_Saten, post:34, topic:29”]
About titles I’m looking forward to… I guess the next Bioshock game.
[/quote] I replayed all 3 of those games 2 weeks ago, and it was my first time playing Infinite. First game was great, I personally would still consider it to be one of my favorite games. Second game, which I enjoyed more when I was younger, I thought was fairly poorly done this time around, but it was still an alright game IMO. The reason I hadn’t played Infinite yet was because I thought I would hate it; turns out I was right, I hated the crap out of that game. Long story short, I don’t like where the franchise is going and unless they have something to REALLY spark my interest, I don’t plan to buy another Bioshock game.