League of Legends General Topic

Ok, so we’ve gotten into a few small chats about it in other threads and some people have posted about playing it in the introduction thread, but I think its about time this game gets its own thread. With that said though, I’m creating this thread with the eventual MOBA event in mind, so I want to ask the people here some questions.

1. Do you play League of Legends? if not, are you interested in doing so? if so, how did you find it?
  2. What server do you play on? do you have any second accounts on other servers?
  3. What level are you? if you’re 30, do you play ranked? if so, what rank/division are you?
  4. Which position do you play most often?
  5. Who is your favorite champion?
  6. Do you watch the LCS? any other streams?

Hopefully I can get the information I need from this thread, but it is a general discussion thread, so feel free to discuss anything you want about League of Legends.

2 Likes

Ahaha~ yay this topic, me first!

1. Do you play League of Legends? if not, are you interested in doing so? if so, how did you find it?
    Wicklebee does, he was brought to the game through his roommate and enjoyed it from there. Reason I said that in 3rd person is that’s the name you’ll find there.
  2. What server do you play on? do you have any second accounts on other servers?
    North America. No.
  3. What level are you? if you’re 30, do you play ranked? if so, what rank/division are you?
    30, yes. Silver 2 for now.
  4. Which position do you play most often?
    ADC > Top > Supp > Jg > Mid (by amount played nowadays)
  5. Who is your favorite champion?
    Shen.
  6. Do you watch the LCS? any other streams?
    Don’t typically watch the streams unless being told to do so or whatever.
1 Like

Wow finally this topic! :3 Ill be more than happy to talk about LoL.

1. I play LoL a lot, its one of my main online games im playing the most nowadays. I enjoy it and am really a big fan o it.
  2. I play on EUNE, I have several smurfs on Eune, some are under lvl 30, some are lvl 30 like gold V or something just to have fun or to smurf. I also have 2 accs on EUW that are under 30 lvl.
  3. My main account is lvl 3. I play ranked, but not that often, the soloq is pretty much done with ragers and toxic people, but even from all that I managed to get to Diamond 3.
  4. I realised that ranked soloq games are pretty much about everything, and if you dont know one role or lane, you are pretty much done. So by that I dont know what Iplay the most, since I play everything. But the one I enjoy the most is Mid and Support.
  5. That is a hard question, after 2 years of playing… I think ill just go with my oldschool Katarina or Ahri.
  6. I watch LCS a lot, and I love it! It made me realise a lot of things.
    I watch also other streamers that can teach me something or those that are fun to watch.
    Those who learned me something: TsunamiEX, Jummychu, Dyrus
    Fun to watch: Trick2G, Phantoml0rd

Yeah this topic was probably due. Can’t just take over General.

1. Kind of. I’ll play with friends once in a blue moon, and I sort of follow competitive, but I’ve just lost my motivation. If you guys want to play, sure, I’ll dust it off. I’ve been around since the very end of S1. One of my friends had just started playing it and so I joined up and we fed together.

2. North America. I have 3 accounts on NA, but 0 elsewhere.

3. Level 30. I didn’t play much ranked, since I didn’t play much at all. I think I was low Gold. Probably decayed into Silver by now.

4. Support and Jungle.

5. Gangplank. Sure, he’s probably the worst champ in the game, but I’ve got a soft spot for him.

6. I watch League streams mostly just if I feel like it. So if LCS is on I may stop by. I’m certainly watching TSM vs C9 right now. My favorite streamer through my whole League career is OddOne.

1 Like

I knew we had a Diamond or two on here. I’m not actually Diamond (or even plat for that matter) but I play against/with them really often in my ranked team. I always find it interesting to see just how different the game is at that level.

anyways, here’s my stuff:

1. Yes, I play it. @Wicklebee here is actually one of the people that got me into it.
  2. I play on NA, and I don’t have any second accounts.
  3. Level 30 Gold V here. I personally don’t enjoy playing by myself, so I don’t really plan to take my solo queue much higher than that though. I get the skin and that’s enough for me.
  4. I’m currently the mid laner for my ranked team, so that’s what I play the most. Other than that, I play a lot of Jungle, and I consider myself pretty good at both Support and ADC, but I can’t play top for crap.
  5. Lore wise, Aatrox is by far my favorite champion, but I don’t really like his gameplay. Gameplay wise its a toss up between Lissandra, Vel’koz, and Diana.
  6. yes i watch LCS; its really educational and I try to watch it whenever I can. as far as other streams go, I don’t watch too many, but I will occasionally pick one up when I’m bored and watch it for a while.
1 Like

Actually, now that you mentioned Team rankeds… I just remembered I made a new team called … “falling midgets” (idk about that name just something random came up in my mind…) and we were in a placing matches.
Well we won all 5 placement matches and got us to Gold IV i think? which is pretty nice. Still I dont have the team ranked rewards for the triumpahnt skin ward, which I want really badly.
Im a skin hunter, icon hunter, and ward hunter :D. I like to collect all of these.
For example I knew that Project: YASUO is coming out soon, so I bought RP during Saga Rush just to get some extra RP right? And bought the skin today ;p. Finally an awesome skin for yasuo.
Mentioning Yasuo, about the Gold V smurf I have. I played only yasuo on that account and made it from Silver V to gold V in 2 days lol.

Are you watching the LCS?

I am, but not now. I love watching it, sometimes it made me realise some things. I assume you play LoL too if you know LCS. If yes then my fav teams are C9 and TSM :3.
Also if you play it, what division are you and what teams you like the most?

I love watching it too~ The NA games are really really good right now. TSM vs LMQ was amazing to watch.

I’m a TSM person. I’m a long time Dyrus fan!

I used to play LoL a bit, but I took a year-long break. Now I’m stuck trying to learn last-hitting in bot games again ^^; A lot of my favorite champions have been changed, so it’s confusing!

2 Likes

I feel you :). Im a long time Dyrus fan too! I always watched his vlogs, streams everythig when I started, now im watching other streamers.
Hope you will get better soon :3! Good luck!
I am thinking of making a LoL break because im graduating this year, but since Im in Diamond 3 I feel like playing some more to hit the top of the leagues xD even tho I get trolled often.
Anyways you excited for the worlds? I cant wait to see who is going to be the finals in the worlds in Korea :D.

Dyrus vlogs are great. I liked that gamecrib thing too! Dyrus saying bye to Chaox T_T

Worlds will be exciting! My favorite team outside of NA didn’t get anywhere near worlds though…

Same~ Bot games, normals, and ARAM fun~ I have found some nice people though. The most memorable was when I (as Teemo. Sorry) and someone playing as Leona had an amazing time snowballing the botlane. It’s now my favorite champion to have on my team.

I don’t like livestreams, but the League Youtube community is amazing. I actually found out about the game via Shurelily (RIP) and the cypher thing that happened later introduced me to the LCS.
Right now I mainly watch foxdrop (analyses bronze games and does Jungle guides), Solwolf (has a series named ‘Breaking the Meta’) and Redmercy (shows off champions before they are released. Did some good PBE gameplay of Gnar and Azir recently.)

2 Likes

seems like a lot of new people to the site play LoL… might be about time that I bust out that MOBA event pretty soon…

side note though, are you guys looking forward to Azir? if they keep him close to how he is right now he might become my new main; I’m really excited for his release

Dude can solo Baron as soon as it spawns. Sounds like that could open up some funny plays.

I think he looks really interesting though. Having to focus on defending your champion, while attacking with distant statues.

I don’t think he can actually… Baron regenerates pretty quickly if no one is in the pit with him. he used to be able to attack turrets while out of their range, but they took that out really quickly.

Sounded weird, so I checked for some videos, but sure enough, there’s one where he did it o.O
Well, it can still be kinda fake but I’m sure as heck that Riot doesn’t want that kinda stuff to happen.

Here’s a bot game, showing Baron dead at around 15:30. Baron spawns at 15 minutes~

Judging by how quickly he was thrown out after Gnar, and how many bugs he has both gameplay-wise and animation-wise, he is probably pretty early on in development. Maybe they were testing the public reaction to such a different champ before investing in him 100%

I can’t tell if this is on the new summoners rift or not, but if it was then its more than likely due to the fact that Baron and Dragon don’t work properly yet on the new map and don’t always attack players. if its on the current map, then I dont even know anymore… I do remember them saying that theyre putting him on the PBE at an earlier stage of development than most champions though

Didn’t they disable the new rift due to how buggy it was? I don’t have PBE access so I’m not sure…

its no longer in matchmaking, but you can select it as one of the maps for custom games

Seems like azir got some really good attention ;d. I for example am looking forward azir, I dont have PBE access but am looking forward learning his mechanics and such. It can be interesting because he seems hard to play.