Charlotte - Kumagami Character Discussion

The mysterious student finally gets his own discussion topic! What is his deal? Why does he have the power he does? Feel free to discuss all these and many other questions to your hearts content.

All Charlotte information may be discussed in this topic without spoiler tags. However, references to important information from other Key series must be kept in spoiler tags, with context specified.

1 Like

Wet Saito is the most mysterious Saito.

I had assumed he would continue his usual role for the entire show, but his surprise appearence at the end of the last episode has me thinking he’s actually going to become a major player. Likely more important than Yusa at any rate

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing what role he plays. I had this crazy idea that he might be the missing Otosaka sibling which would put an interesting spin on the final scene of Episode 6 if it so happens Yuu did get hit.

The second of the five “Brotherhood” guys from the opening also kinda reminds me of him.

1 Like

That spot on the left and the end of the opening is totally for him, or at least I hope so. I could see him as one of that other group too though, only helping the student council to observe them better and stuff like that.

Either way, he seems like an really intersting character and I sure hope we get more depth on him soon.

It would make some sense if he was the one who gave the other group the information of Ayumi’s existence, prompting their attempted intervention. Of course it’s possible they got to know about her some other way, but assuming there aren’t multiple Kumagamis around it feels like one of the four people in the room would’ve needed to provide the information.

I assumed he was just going to be a side character but after that 5 second scene at the very end of ep 6 I can see he will be a much deeper character in the end, I’m excited to see how

I said back in the episode 2 podcast that I would be pretty disappointed if they didn’t delve more into this guy.

So I guess I won’t be disappointed after all, heh

Except the missing Otosaka sibling has silver hair… XP

Anyways, all we can really say at this point is: he was pushed hard to be a mysterious character from the beginning, and now we know that that was done for a reason.

1 Like

Someone gif’d the different effects that Kumagami’s power shows.

Huh, I thought it was black, like Yuu and Ayumi’s.

1 Like

Damn whoever made this GIFs was paying attention.

Nah it’s definitely silver

Yeah the lighting makes it a little weird but I think it’s a darker silver with light silver highlights http://imgur.com/hBW6oZy

Oh, I must have not been paying attention during the scene I was using as reference. I just checked episode 5 and it’s silver.

this also makes me think, maybe his power isnt what he makes them believe to be. Kumagami’s knowledge of those things could just be info he got from that group and just be a way to use the student council for them.

In that case, maybe his power is actually water manipulation, based on the examples @Karifean showed

[quote=“Pepe, post:14, topic:1753”]
maybe his power is actually water manipulation
[/quote] That’s actually a really good point

I see what you are saying but what has the student council been doing to aid another party? Essentially they are just sheltering or warning power users, what help could would that be to the other group?

we dont really know what the other group wants, it might just be as simple to gather all power users with useful powers at one spot and of course make others stop using them, so that those superpowers dont get to known more to common people. (there I go again with my long ass sentences)

What do they want to do after they gathered them? I dunno, maybe just get revenge on the scientists. As I said, we dont know their goal, so we can only speculate.

It makes sense too. Why is there no contest when they go to collect a power user? Because their contestants have given that power user to them via Kumagami.

But then… what about Ayumi? A case of “oh damn we underestimated this issue let’s quickly intervene” or something?

I guess they didnt count on there being a Yandere, so they sent out the girl to try and stop that from happening. No matter which role Kumagami will take, I am seriously curious now, if my theory about this is right.

If we go by what blondie says, they expected it, but not so soon. Ayumi sneaking back to school might have been what threw them for a loop.