Charlotte - General Discussion

Some speculation on the identities of the group of five from the opening…
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL8kPDVUEAABhtv.jpg:large

What if one of those 5 guys turns out to be Yuu. Episode 6 spoilers, kinda: I mean, it kinda would make sense, since he probably lost Ayumi now, that his memories of the guy come back completly somehow and therefore he remembers exactly who that guy is and might just join his group because of that, maybe even in a different body, maybe even if the one of Nao’s brother somehow. We dont really know how what his power really is, so those are all speculations now.

Overall my thoughts on this right now. Let’s see where they will go with all that has happened.

Thats pretty much what I had been thinking, except for Nao’s brother. Itd be nice if we finally see them in episode 7.

[quote=“EndOfRefrain, post:125, topic:1313”]
We dont really know how what his power really is, so those are all speculations now.
[/quote]The speculation is that we dont know what Yuu’s power really is. We havent been given any evidence against his power being what he thinks it is. We’ve only seen little clues that might possibly point to it being something different… maybe.

yeah, I worded that a bit poorly, I guess, but I think it was good enough to get my point across.

That’s pretty interesting. I can somehow agree with all of those except Nao’s brother, mostly because I think it would be in bad taste to see him in that situation, after everything that happened to him. I’ve double-checked it on my own and I’m already 90% convinced that the second guy is Kumagami

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Charlotte - Kumagami Character Discussion

Since the person who sang as iwasawa’s in AB! is the same who sings the music that Nao listen to all the time, then maybe Zhiend is the band iwasawa is part of in her new life, after she comes back.

I doubt it, just same singer probably. We know her name is Sala, she looks nothing like Iwasawa (episode 13 spoiler) Which I only bring up because we see Kanade and Otonoshi look pretty much the same and there’s currently no connection to Angel Beats!. Could there eventually be? Maybe but right now I don’t think it will.

1 Like

There is a new interview with Maeda, after episode 6: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1416261#msg41481324

"But it isn’t enough as of yet. If the reaction from the audience isn’t strong enough, then I won’t be able to reach my own goals I’ve been praying every day for it to be more popular."

I was quite shocked after I read that… He sounds as if Charlotte is his big masterpiece. And despite it’s been a hit on Japan, he says ‘it’s not enough’. It seems like Maeda put his heart and body on Charlotte, and something great is to come.

3 Likes

Maeda considers every single thing he does to be his masterpiece. He wants every little thing with his name on it to be as complete and well-accepted as possible.

1 Like

Maeda please stop spoiling things jesus.

YOU HEAR THAT? ‘IT’S ENOUGH’ FAGS?
MAEDA CONFIRMED WHICH IS THE REAL ENDING.

7 Likes

Okay, go home everybody. It’s never enough. NEVER ENOUGH.

1 Like

Do anime writers normally give a bunch of info away before the episodes air like that? Everything is stuff people have been guessing anyway and he said he’s paying attention to online reactions so I guess he thought it was fine but it’s still weird.

I’m really afraid about what will happens next.
I didn’t realize that they knew his real ability, and now theories are flourishing in my mind.
Well played maeda, you got me hooked again.

Can we run an analysis according to Bravely You? Since it’s written by Maeda too, surely the song has a great significance to the story.

Who is it about?
Just like AB! “My Soul,Your Beats!” and “Heartily Song” which is related to certain characters in AB!, I think Bravely You surely is written through someone’s POV. But who is it? Is it the MC Otosaka or Heroine Tomori? We can’t tell for sure until the full version is released and until Charlotte finishes.

Lyrics analysis (please note that the lyrics is not officially taken from the booklet because it hasn’t been released yet)

崩れて終わる世界、無慈悲に告げる
“We were told ruthlessly, the world will fall to ruin.”

We don’t know whose POV is this song about, but who exactly told and were told about the impending doom of this world? Does it mean that someone has the ability to predict the future or even, came from the future to stop the world from collapsing? Does someone actually has the power of destroying this world? Or is it just a metaphor about Otosaka-kun’s grief over Ayumi’s ill-fate?

This line is even more significant, as since the airing of Ep. 6, the official website has this written.

崩れゆく世界の先に彼が見た運命とは

“The fate he saw beyond the crumbling world is…”

And as for the stinger in Ep.6, featuring Wet Guy… There are theories that states, maybe Wet Guy is Otosaka who came from the future, or something like that. I honestly don’t think it’s gonna be true though.

何を選び取る何を諦める
決めようとしてる僕は何様だ
何を選ぶかはもう決まっている
間違いはないか神に問いかける
“Who am I to decide
what I will choose to keep, what I will give up on?
What I will choose has already been decided
I ask the gods if there’s no mistake about it”

Does this mean there’s some inevitable fate, something that must happen and will definitely happen no matter what kind of time travel powers or whatever interfering? Is this a sign that someone probably already time-traveled to protect something they “choose to keep”, but is forced to give up on it by the cruel fate and gods?

So far that’s my opinion. Please feel free to add!

1 Like

Some interesting stuff to think about. We will see what meaning those lyrics have. Since all HLH songs are by Maeda too if I am not mistaken, and from lyrics of those you clearly see, that the meaning behind those clearly fit Misa and Yusa so far.

I almost sure that time travel or time-something is relevant. It is mentioned in the subliminal messages of the OP, just like many of the powers our characters have. Maybe the wet guy can travel in time, so that’s how he finds out who will have powers, and where he is/was/will be.

It’s a strange fact that he was right in the crushing scene, isn’t it?

Again: Time is relevant imo, a clock in the OP, subliminal texts “time lapse”, long exposure photos in the ending. But we’ll have to wait… the show seems to talk about Fate, right from the early trailers. Only time will tell…

I’m still wondering where the dog in Yusa’s ED came from…

It’s Misa.

the ending is something like the music video to that song, so it’s just a random dog, that gets used for stuff like that.

1 Like