Siglus Hacking

please help me, when i try to pack sence for ABFTB i had this error even through i disabled DEP. My computer use Windows 7 64bit SP1

Well, it doesnā€™t work for me, itā€™s still in Japanese. What should I do ? I have downloaded files but I donā€™t really know what to do next.

Considering Angel Beats has had a localisation announced, maybe we should repurpose this to an Angel Beats (or siglus) hacking topic. What do you think @Takafumi?

Sure. We have one for RealLive, so having one dedicated to Siglus would make sense. Considering new Siglus titles are currently releasing. itā€™d be an interesting community-run resource for figuring new stuff out.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s appropriate to share this, but I found a Github repository for Siglus Engine. There are tools modified for Rewrite Plus and Holy Breaker, as well as their script files.

5 Likes

Hi I know this post has been out for a while, but Iā€™ve had this game(actual copy not pirated) since release and have not been able to successfully translate itā€¦ I follow the instructions in the README on https://github.com/TakafumiSakagami/ABFBT but my problem is that no new scene pck file is created to replace the original one. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Hi, I know this thread is really old, but I wanted to say that I have been able to edit the text of the Summer Pockets demo:

These are the tools I used: https://github.com/marcussacana/SiglusSceneManager

3 Likes

Wow. Did it auto-detect the key, or did you have to specify it?

Surprisingly, the program could auto-detect it.

It seems that it also works with the full version of the game:

5 Likes

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Summer Pocketsā€™ SiglusEngine. I bought the game (itā€™s my first physical VN), and was surprised to see that itā€™s region-locked. Is there anything I can do to get past the lock? Edit: I found the post on the forum here that discusses this. Never mind.

I also had the same problem. Can you help me or show me this case discussion link? Thank you

Check out this thread for options

Thanks! Its perfectly working

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™ve got some questions regarding to some special g00 files from SP when trying to extract and repack them. For example, __sys_bk_chk00.g00 and __sys_bk_setbtn01.

In __sys_bk_chk00.g00, there are 8 images and 8 cuts, but when you view it in G00libMax, it only shows 4, each 2 of them are duplicated, Iā€™m kind of confusedā€¦

And another scenario is __sys_bk_setbtn01.g00. This file has 5 images and 5 cuts but only shows 3 in the viewer:

Any idea how to deal with those kind of g00 files?

1 Like

This happens with animated images. Specifically with your example screenshots, they are the different states of a button (idle, selected, hovered) and buttons in Siglus are typically doubled up on cuts. Basically there are duplicate frames. For Angel Beats! I believe the frames were something like Image 1 > Image 1 > Image 2 > Image 2

How to deal with them depends exactly on what you want to do. For extracting them, the best solution would vaconv.

Putting them back together could be done in multiple ways. The quickest method would be to use the same regions presented in the accompanying text file, but you could also manually add the additional cuts into the g00.

Edit: I quickly drafted up an example using one of the images you screenshotted.
Extracting the image with vaconv:

vaconv __sys_bk_chk00.g00

Gives us the image and the text file.

Recompiling:

vaconv __sys_bk_chk00.png -g2

Gives us the final g00.

1 Like

I tried your method and that did work perfectly, thanks a lot!

So as I proceed to translate these g00s, Iā€™m again suck with another formatā€¦lol. Looking at __sys_map_spot00.g00, it has 17 images in it and vaconv is only able to extract the last imageā€¦

I was thinking using SiglusExtract to extract it into 17 pngs and put them altogether in one big png, then repack it with the xml file. Is this gonna work or you have a better way?

1 Like

For that youā€™ll need to extract with vaconv-cpp.

vaconv-cpp __sys_map_spot00.g00

vaconv __sys_map_spot00.png -g2
1 Like

Wow, this tool is amazing! I donā€™t even know it exists. Now it has solved all my questions lol, thank you!

Hey, has anyone fighured out how to deal with those omv movies from SP yet? (ED01.omv and ED02.omv)
Iā€™m at the point where I understand that omv is basically encrypted ogv. If you open the omv file in a hex editor and find 4F 67 67 53, which stands for OggS in ASCII, and rip all the code before it off, save it and change the extension to ogv, now you can play it! (This what most extracting software do: to rip the encrypted header off)
The video can be easily hardsubbed by using ffmpeg. But the question comes to how to pack this ogv back to omv, any idea?