Siglus Hacking

I remembered that someone pointed out that translating the whole kanji into “Mathstermind” doesn’t work because it’s meant to be long and hard to remember and such. So by translating it into a much, very much simpler word(s) will make it lose the purpose/joke/whatever was that in the argument. (Remembered it because I was the one suggesting “Mathstermind” …or in my original comment, “Mighty Mental Mathstermind”)

I think we should keep the Ero Ero in honor of Loli Loli Hunters.

[quote=“Yerian, post:337, topic:1226”]
ドピュッシー
[/quote]It’s Depussy

I thought it’s more common to translate it as “Female Student” or “Male Student”?

I dont think anyone will ever get what that means… but hey we dont really get it either (and no one else can come up with something better) so why the hell not

[quote=“Hirato, post:345, topic:1226”]
I thought it’s more common to translate it as “Female Student” or “Male Student”?
[/quote]Ah, yes that sounds much better, thanks~

“Mighty Mental Mathstermind”
[/quote]Sounds good as long as it fits in space we end up having

I think we should keep the Ero Ero in honor of Loli Loli Hunters.
[/quote]So, like Ero Ero Numero Uno for Otonashi and Ero Ero Captain or something for Hinata?

EDIT: Or how about something like Captain Ero Ero and Right-hand Ero Ero?
Though I guess that would only work if Hinata gets that nickname first (does he?)

I like the original suggestions.

Ok, I found out that ホモ太 is probably pronounced “Homota”, so calling him gay and fat, as well as being a pun by sounding like “Hinata”. (Thanks @Kaze for the help)

This is a pretty hard one to translate. Unless anyone else can think of anything better or more creative, Im inclined to just TL it “Homota”, and leave the fat joke out. Thoughts?

I was actually going to say this, the joke works well enough on its own.

I forgot to bring this up.

Quality Checkers and Editors, you have direct access to edit and add notes to the script files. If you would rather just play it in-game and post feedback here, you can do that too.

There are instructions on adding the translations to your game in the Github’s readme.

To add the translations to your game, you’ll want to save a copy of the “1st beat Scene” folder in your ABVN directory.
Copy any files from the TLCHECK and QC folders into your 1st beat Scene folder too. Then, rename the folder to “Scene”
The tools you need to download can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58805276/AngelBeats-1stBeat-Tools.rar
Extract the tools to your ABVN directory, then launch packscene-compressed.bat. Let it do it’s thing, wait for it to say that you can close the cmd window.
You will be given a file named Scenetest.pck. Rename your Scene.pck to something else, and then rename Scenetext.pck to Scene.pck

If you are playing it in-game, and you have some extra time to spare, we need to know where to add linebreaks~

If you are using the default monospaced font, the text area is 60 chars wide and 3 lines high. If your text is longer than 3 lines, the game will automatically split it in two pages.

A question, what things you used to guess XOR key ? @tanuki

the dropbox link is down. Can you post it one more time? I’m trying to translate Angel Beats into Korean, and I need tools to extract the scene.pck. Thank you

Hmm, the link is working fine on my end.

Try this:

http://dropcanvas.com/5326j

I’m trying to compress my partially translated extracted scripts into a scene.pck file using packscene-compressed batch file, but for some reason, it isn’t working. It crashes midway, after creating day 6 ss files. It’s also telling me that it can’t open the .ss files. Any idea how to fix it?

Hmm… It might not be the most up-to-date version… Do the txt files come with all the dialogue already inserted?
There should be two complete lines, like:
//<0000> Example
<0000> Example

I also remember there being a problem with a certain version of the game, though we weren’t sure of the specifics. We’ve tested it on multiple legally bought copies from different retailers.

It cooould be a problem with encoding. If it is, you might get a “Found 0 lines, expected” followed by a number when trying to pack the scene. You’d have to switch the encoding to UCS-2 Little Endian.

There are no tools to read the SS files, or to make them readable by other software.

Make sure you have set your language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese in Control Panel > Region and Language > Region > Administrative > Change system locale.

Can somebody extract the untranslated g00s, and post it for me? I’ve tried to install rldev using Takafumi’s tutorial, but it doesn’t work. I’m currently trying to translate AB in Korean, and I need the images. I’ve tried g00tobmp, but that screwed up the images with transparency, and layered images. Thank you in advance.

A lot of the images will need recreating, as RLDev doesn’t extract them correctly. All of the ones that needed translations got uploaded to the git, but they aren’t all in working condition~

I’m completely OK with recreating the images. I saw how the translated version looked like using g00lib. Can you please lend me a hand?

With what exactly?

Does anyone here know how to edit the XOR key in the tools? I’m trying to figure out whether the tools used for this game will work with another game that runs on the same engine, provided that I change the key. However, with my limited computer knowledge, I can’t find where in the various applications I need to change the key.

Hey, uh, is this still a thing? cause Im currently in Japan wondering if I should buy the game or not.

The only thing this really was was people having fun with the files of Angel Beats and trying out translating. It was never meant to be a translation project at all.

But hey, nothing stopping you from getting it since it’s a great game and all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: