Poll: Which Key Visual Novels have you read?

This poll was closed on September 26, 2018 due the options being outdated. A new one is in the works.

• Kanon
  • AIR
  • CLANNAD
  • planetarian
  • Tomoyo After
  • Little Busters!
  • Little Busters! Ecstasy
  • Kud Wafter
  • Rewrite
  • Rewrite Harvest festa!
  • Angel Beats! -1st Beat-
  • Harmonia

0 voters

Just noticed that discourse now supports multiple choice polls so I thought this might be a good one to have. How many of Key’s works have you actually read? Limiting this to visual novels for now. I’m putting in the announced upcoming releases so people can just add them when they’re out.

I’m especially curious to see how many have actually read the lesser talked about titles like Kanon and Tomoyo After, or untranslated ones like Kud Wafter.

8 Likes

Holy cow, polls work again! And better than ever! It even updates in real time! Good idea for a poll too~

1 Like

For the time being, I’ve read all the translated ones. My copy of Harvest Festa is standing by on my shelf, though, and I plan to buy Kud Wafter when I get the chance.

As for the unreleased ones… Angel Beats needs to go down in price a bit first, and Harmonia still doesn’t have a release date, but I’m hyped for both.

1 Like

I’ve read all the translated ones except Tomoyo After (Thought there was way too much sex scenes and they were far more intrusive than any other VN I’ve read with them and Little Busters! (I’m waiting for EX cause I liked Sasami and Saya’s routes in the anime). Out of all of them my favourite is probably a tie between Clannad and Rewrite with planterian very close behind.

You know they’re only at the very beginning, right? Like, Once you get to the OP, there isnt a single 'nother H-scene until the one more in a bad end at the very end. Just saying, its a very good VN, and your missing out :wink:

I have read every major Key visual novel except CLANNAD and 1st Beat. The only one of the minor Key works I’ve read is Planetarian, although I am considering looking for another whenever I get the chance. It’s most likely going to be Harvest Festa, but Kud Wafter and Tomoyo After are also pretty likely. :3

Really? Might give it another shot then. I’d always heard the ending was great but couldn’t get past them.

1 Like

Yeah, Im sure @Takafumi will vouch for me; I think he even downloaded a save state from right after the OP so he could skip them completely XD

Takafumi has put a guide about how to remove H-scenes with RLDEV. You should check it out:

Oh really…? If that’s the case I should give it another try. The last time I read it for 15 minutes and was like, nononononono thats already too much.

I’ve read most of the translated ones. Recently bought planetarian on Steam, just gotta find some time to read it.

Really looking forward to Harvest festa being TL’d and of course the release of Angel Beats!

Yup. Aside from one bad end, all the H stuff is pre-OP. It’s a good VN.

It’ll be a long while before I can click that button for this poll, though. Need to learn more Japanese! alas.

1 Like

True story. The lamentations of poor souls like us will be heard around the world, my friend.

I’m half debating reading through it super, super slowly and translating it line-by-line (since i’ve gotten a good grasp of grammar - it’s just my vocab that’s really, really behind…). But i’d rather not have my first experience of Angel Beats! be painstakingly slow, haha.

Well there is an H scene in the true end, but for what it’s worth it’s probably the best example in Key of an H scene not being intrusive but (arguably) actually helping the plot.

I don’t think Tomoyo After’s H scenes were all that intrusive. The placement of the large majority of them at the beginning (before you even get into the story) was probably a very good decision. I imagine an all ages version of it would be easier to develop than other Key games.

Still haven’t read Clannad yet. I mean, I started reading a fan-TL of it but then I set it aside. THEN I saw the Kickstarter for an official Clannad and sacrificed my wallet to it. So I’m just waiting on that, which should be a bit later this year.

Also, haven’t read AB!-1st- yet, but it’s being released in a few days so I have a good excuse. xP

I know Holy Breaker! isn’t a Key VN but… I kinda feel that it should be on the list anyway. Is that just me?

It’s just you :stuck_out_tongue: It deserves a place as much as One, Hibiki’s Magic and Owari no Hoshi no Love Song do.

1 Like

The extra H-scene version was probably easier to think up too.

There are no Tactics VNs, so no H.I. VNs.

AIR, planetarian, Little Busters! and Rewrite. I probably wouldn’t have read AIR if we didn’t do the bookclub. My favorite is of course Little Busters!