Poll: Which Key Visual Novels have you read?

Okay, okay… Fair enough.

That works out anyway. If it were added I’d have read less than half of the items on that list. (As it stands I’ve read half of what was on the list.) xP

Sweeeet~ Love the multiple choice polls :smiley:

I’ve read all of the major works (and none of the side-works/extensions). But, just like @SuikaShoujo:

I also have Little Busters Perfect Edition on standby for when doki fiinishes :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s interesting how, at this moment, Rewrite is leading in the poll

Of the translated VNs, AIR is my only exception (working my 75 hour weeks ruined the bookclub attempt).

I’ll likely read that next, just because I desperately need to.

well! I’ve just lied cuz I actually haven’t finished clannad!!! I finished all the routes but nagisa’s some months ago.Ii decided to stop because my vacations were about to end… now Im free again so I’m preparing for the feels!!! ( btw… little busters is my favotire one)

Little Busters!
Rewrite
And for my love for Kud I fought my way through Kud Wafter (all ages) with my bad Japanese skills
Rewrite HF and LB!EX I just played the mini-games and waiting for translation to finish.

My Key VN priority list:
Planetarian > Harmonia > Tomoyo After > Air > Clannad > AB > Kanon
I hope to read at least up to Clannad depending on how many VNs of other companies I have interest in

My first Key VN is CLANNAD, then I tried planetarian, Little Busters! and Rewrite, then Kanon and Rewrite Hf.
Interested in Tomoyo After, but I’ll wait until Doki release the ME edition. (By that time, maybe I’d have died anyway lol)
Very interested in LB!EX but also waiting for the full translation.

Not interested in Kud Wafter at all, because Kud just doesn’t particularly attract me (plus, listening to the OP made me cringe) so I probably won’t touch this one at all.
Not particularly interested in AIR because tbh, the first time I watched the anime series, it left me a bad taste (to the point that I swore never to touch anything made by Key). I’ll probably play it if I really really really have nothing left to do.

Totally hyped for AB! but not so much with Harmonia.

ticks Kanon off the list

Phew, that takes care of every translated Key VN. Took me long enough.

Oh, I just discoverd this topic. It’s surprising how the one the most people have read is a non translated one and one that doesn’t have an anime adaptation to back it (yeah, it’s airing, but I bet that when most of the people voted it wasn’t).

I guess voters on this topics are the “most” KEY hardcore fans, and not just bystanders that read one or two of these VN’s.

Anyway, this topic is basically shoving up my face the fact that I have a long way to go until I have them all covered…

1 Like

Are you high? Rewrite has a translation. If you mean official translation, those things haven’t been out for very long, so they don’t really affect the data.

Yeah I knew Rewrite was crazy popular among Key VN fans but I didn’t expect it to beat out Little Busters!

Same with me, I mean, I basically just recently started getting into Key and have currently only read Clannad. Next on my list of Novels I plan to read is Tomoyo After, but I’m waiting for that one a bit since I have heard stories that that’s going to be the next or at least one of the next bookclubs. And reading somewhat together sounds way more interesting. Then there is Planetarian on my list, since that one seems to be available on steam as well. For all the other ones I first have to figure out where to buy them and actually buying them is then still in the future, since most of my money-plans already went to a convention I’m going to in August.

1 Like

Yeah, I worded it incorrectly, I meant that I expected CLANNAD or Planetarian for instance to be on top due to those VN’s having an oficial translation and being in Steam. Overall, they are much more accesible.

I went in the order when Key had started with Kanon, then AIR, CLANNAD, Little Busters!, then skipped to Rewrite afterwards. I was hesitant about playing Tomoyo After, especially with the H-scenes because it was hard for me to view that type of stuff but I played other games that were similar to it (though I should feel ashamed reading them in the first place). I never even played Kud Wafter before because I was hoping they would have an official release, being of course the all-ages version instead of the 18+ version but I guess not.

Other than that, I decided to also play Planetarian because I heard how interesting the story and I gave it a try and I plan on buying the HD release soon. It is actually easier for me to buy them from Steam since I made an account some time ago and it would help those who put so much time and effort into creating them could continue to inspire us as readers who love and enjoy these works.

EDIT (9/8/16) I’ve read Planetarian several months ago which was really inspiring and enjoyable to read. I’m finishing up with Tomoyo After for the Steam release and I can say that I appreciate the re-read a lot more than I bargained for since I played the 18+ version a few months ago. I’m almost finished with Little Busters! EX because I was curious to read the EX routes that I heard were good, especially Saya’s route. I plan on reading Kud Wafter anyways which I’m going to play as well despite what others may say about the game.

I played all of the fully translated Key VNs in this order: CLANNAD, Air, Kanon, Planetarian, Tomoyo After, Little Busters!, Rewrite. It actually doesn’t surprise me to see Rewrite leading the poll. It would’ve been either Rewrite or Little Busters!.. That’s pretty obvious, don’t you think? Wait…Who the heck played Harmonia as it’s not out yet? :sunohii: Is it Out? IS IT?!

4 Likes

Somebody is enjoying trolling kaza :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, even with admin powers, I can’t even check who voted what so it shall forever be a mystery

2 Likes

Now to wish pain and suffering upon @Karifean for making this poll impossible. Time to craft a Voodoo doll.

Edit: #Satisfaction

8 Likes

It just symbolizes how you’ll never truly be done with Key. :wink:

CLANNAD, planetarian, Tomoyo After. I reeealllyy want to read Little Busters!

2 Likes

@octoberpumpkin Have you watched the anime yet??

1 Like

I’ve read Planetarian and Clannad so far. I definitely plan on going through all of Key’s VNs though

1 Like