KazaCraft Minecraft Server: Building the Little Busters School!

Hey guys, who’s interested in joining us to play Minecraft? I believe Rabla is trying to get a server set up, but if anyone else has experience hosting a Minecraft server and would be willing to host one, let us know!

Our first mission for the server will be to recreate the school from Little Busters! To that end, I’ve even made an album of screenshots from the Anime detailing the geography of the school. http://imgur.com/a/ustct#33

EDIT: We’ve started! @Rabla is hosting the server on his computer and over hamachi until we find a more permanent option. If you’re interested in joining, ask in the Skype chat! Here’s an album of screenshots we’ve taken so far!

6 Likes

I’ve run a couple MC servers for me and some friends. Usually just went with Exodus Hosting since they are pretty good with tickets, pricing, and plans.

$22 every 4 months for 1gb of memory isn’t a bad deal.

Edit: I say I ran, but I mainly handled the payment and tickets. Have a friend who handled all the plug ins and mods for the server.

Updated the first post! We’re up and running now, and I made an album of screenshots~

Day 2. We had to start from scratch after I realised everything was wrong, but we made up for it and the school building is much better now! Check the album for screens.

Well… we have the server for the site that’s got some resources left over.

I can give someone else shell access if they want to want to set up a minecraft server, on the condition that they keep an eye on the RAM usage - Java is notoriously RAM-hungry, and if we run out of RAM, the site gets sluggish or outright crashes if it gets really bad.

I had a look at the server, and it’s using 700mb of ram at rest. I think it’d be too taxing on our server, unfortunately.

But we really need an alternative host that isn’t using hamachi.

Exoooooddduuuusssssssss hosting

I’m very poor and am having enough trouble paying for Kazamatsuri ^^;

Day 3 screens are up! http://imgur.com/a/HT6ZC

If you do want a dedicated server, I really don’t mind paying as long as it bills quarterly. What I’m saying is, message me on skype or something and I’ll work something out with you.

700mb at rest? :open_mouth:

What kind of a server is this site running on by the way?

Pity you play at weird hours (relatively, as an American) or else I’d join you.

It’s a VPS hosted at Afterburst (who I’d highly recommend!)
The front page is a Wordpress blog (on php5-fpm and MariaDB) and this forum is a Discourse instance.

Running a site like this takes quite a bit of resources from the server (currently hovering around 1GB RAM and a few gigabytes of HDD space), but we still have nearly 1GB RAM to spare ^^

1 Like

Oh okay, I see. If I haven’t said it yet, I really like the layout and flow of the whole website, and especially the forum compared to some of the other forums I’m part of. Thanks for linking me to that stuff, I will look into it soon since I started learning web development just a few months ago and I’ll probably want to host my own site sooner or later. :smile:

Let’s not get too off-topic guys~ This is about the Minecraft project!

[15:27:32] Aspirety: I think it’s time
[15:27:34] Aspirety: For -that-.
[15:27:42] Aspirety: [winks at bonecuss]

1 Like

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay,

3 Likes

Jealous much?

I haven’t updated here in a while, I should probably take some time to restructure the topic… But just to let you all know, we’re still kicking, and we’re looking for people to help us with the finishing touches on the school before we’re ready to ship it out! If you want to be included in our awesome credit sequence, get involved! It’s never too late to help us out, we need more help now than ever! Just hop on over to our Skype Chat and say hi, and we’ll get you on the server to help us!

Didn’t see this until you bumped it, this seems cool I haven’t touched Minecraft in well over a year or two now though. lol

oh yeah, I’ve still got that Saya pixel art I did. I dunno if there is some way to put it on the server, but if there is feel free to tell me

1 Like

Yeah, if you get a program called MCEdit, you can open up your world in it, and save a selection of the pixel art as a .schematic file (Should be an Export option somewhere). That’s all I’ll need.