Kaza Movie Night!

Hehehehe, I’ll be watching on Saturday alongside @Inuconandoyle. :love:

PUN PARTY ANNOUNCED, YAYYYYY!!

1 Like

I am really excited to see so many people planning to watch it on Sunday :shizuflust:

1 Like

I’m calling the movie poll. We’ll be going with Anthem of the Heart. Everyone, you have about 2-3 days to procure the movie.
Even if you didn’t make it in time to vote the poll for the viewing times will remain up, so if you do decide to participate go ahead and vote in that one so we’ll know when you’re coming :kyogrin:

3 Likes

Damn, while I’d been hoping for Aura, I’m still excited to watch this!

Maybe next time ^^

Despite suggesting the movie, it seems unlikely that I’ll be able to make it for the movie night. Ah well, I’ve already seen it twice so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do

2 Likes

Looking forward to see you next time pepes

1 Like

By the way, I never asked, but to the veterans of Kaza Movie Night!, do we do a Discord Meetup? Do we just chat on Discord? Anyway, the question would be: How is this organised once it comes down to watching the film?

Tagging @Arete, @Inuconandoyle, @Aspirety and @Pepe since I’m 100% sure they’ve already participated in other Kaza Movie Nights.

Of course you meet on Discord! How else can you watch it together? :stuck_out_tongue:
Also I’m guessing Sunday is locked in?

Hope I will get rid of my husky voice by tomorrow… but highly anticipating this event :3

@Aspirety

If this is still accurate, it’ll be shown on both times.

Hmm, that’s a pretty different approach. Having two separate viewings will split the viewership in half. Sure, it means more people can join in, but it also means the events will be significantly smaller.

Yeah you are right, but otherwise some people would be unable to watch it so I don’t think it’s that bad.

Yeah, I supposed we were going to meet on Discord, but I thought I might ask just in case.

Yeah, I probably should have made that clearer before. We’ll get together on discord to coordinate and communicate. If anyone wants to do this in the voice chat we can try that, although that may be disruptive to the movie. Otherwise we’ll share commentary in one of the text channels, probably Moon or Voice.

As for the viewership being split in half, its looks like there’s still going to be pretty good turnout to both showings so I don’t think it’ll be too negative.

Well the first viewing is in about an hour and a half, I should be off-and-on discord up until then so that’ll probably be the best way to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Well generally the point of the movie night is to get on voice and watch it together, so we can share reactions.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who came out last to both showings! I hope you all had as good a time as I did :kyogrin:

If you didn’t see it you can feel free to post your thoughts on the movie in this companion thread.

I’d like to do this again in a couple weeks, New Years weekend. Times are tbd but if everyone wants we could do the same times Saturday and Sunday. And to liven things up I’d like to impose a theme requirement of Winter to all suggestions. I’m going to play it real loose though, just suggest something that has a vaguely wintery feel to it. Or at least don’t suggest Air: The Motion Picture!

6 Likes

Since I have seen from the past suggestions that those aren’t limited to anime movies, I’ll throw in Nightmare before Christmas as my suggestion for the next one. It’s a stopmotion film about both Christmas and Halloween, it had Tim Burton as one of its producers, music by Danny Elfman and the songs he composed are just great. The movie in general feels like you’re watching a musical for that matter, even more than other Disney movies.

4 Likes

I demand we watch The Breakfast Club

4 Likes

It takes place in February and we aren’t getting many suggestions, so I’ll take it.

Personally I’m recommending The Shining(1980). A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future. This is a horror/thriller movie, so if you’re into that then this is for you.

Get in your last minute suggestions now, I’m going to make the poll tomorrow.

2 Likes

Well… I’m going to throw in a few suggestions… Not sure how good they are, but still.
First of all, if we are going for real movies… Then “The Gremlins” would be something I would love to watch once again. I find it quite an interesting XMas story. Its still considered to be a somewhat horror, but much more less hardcore than “The Shining”.
And as for anime… I’m going to be cliche on this:
"Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu" considereing the season. And, well, yeah, I know… but I really enjoyed this movie when it was released.
And then there is “Tokyo Godfathers”… and for the sake of it “Kidou Senshi GUNDAM Wing ~Endless Waltz~”.

Oh, there was a theme? I just picked it because I really want to watch the Breakfast Club. :v

1 Like