Kaza Movie Night!

If there’s enough interest we wouldn’t have to do one showing. I know that Kaza has grown a lot since the last movie night, so it may work better to schedule a movie for two or three times so people can choose the time that works best for them.

I’m definitely interested in seeing movie night come back. I like the idea of having multiple “showings”, it seems like it would work.

I don’t think I ever had participated for Kaza Movie Night before since I’ve been here almost a year. It does sound very interesting. But due to my schedule at work and all, it’s not possible for me unfortunately unless it if it was Sunday.

I don’t use voice chat a lot cause I live with my family so that might pose a problem for me. However, I could listen in for that matter. So, I think it would be great to bring it back.

Well we’ll need someone else to host it since Yerian has dropped off Kaza’s network.

I think he’s waiting for an authorization

EDIT: or not? The post is gone

Ok I’ll go ahead and take control of this puppy.

To start let’s get a time put down. I’m thinking Saturday December 17th at 18:00 GMT for the first showing and Sunday December 18th at 06:00 GMT for the second (the second showing being twelve hours after the first). I’m scheduling it a few weeks away because I’m new to this so I’m going to need a little bit of time, plus I want to make sure everyone has enough time to acquire the movie. Also by that point us college students should be out of class so we won’t have to worry about finals (at least here in America). Keep in mind these dates are tentative though. If you’re interested be sure to reply here or PM me so I can get an idea of who’s interested, and let me know how these times work for you.

Next onto the movie! If anyone has anything they think we should watch nominate that by replying or PMing me. If you want you can include a picture and description to convince people to vote for your movie. Remember, it doesn’t have to be an anime movie. After a few days I’ll put together a strawpoll and we can have a vote. It’s been a long time since the last movie night and we have some new members who may not have been around then so it wouldn’t be too bad if anyone wants to nominate a movie that’s already been watched. Here’s the spreadsheet of past recommendations if you need any inspiration.

I’ll kick things off by nominating Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children)

A lot of you have already seen or heard of Wolf Children. For those of you who don’t know, Its about a college student who falls in love with a mysterious man and starts a family with him. They have two kids who can turn into wolves, and after the father dies the mother tries to raise the kids while keeping their identity a secret.

4 Likes

I’ll try to assist to the Saturday showing. I haven’t seen Ookami even though I’ve been meaning to for some time. You already have my vote.

1 Like

It sounds like a good idea though I might be available on Sunday since I work Saturday night. Converting 06:00GMT to EST, which would be 1:00PM for me, might be a little difficult but I think I should be able to do it then. I’ll have to sleep just enough to be able to wake up before that time.

Anyway, I haven’t seen Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children) and I had it on my MAL put to watch list so that might actually work in my favor. I can’t make any promises but I will do my best to enjoy Kaza Movie Night as it will be my first viewing to watch it with everyone.

1 Like

Bumping to see if anyone else has any movie they’d like to nominate, otherwise we’ll go with Wolf Children by default. I’ll need a response within a few days to have enough time.

I’d be fine with watching Wolf Children again, but I would also like to nominate Grave of the Fireflies since I haven’t seen it yet.

3 Likes

i would also like to join please.

1 Like

I’d love to join! I have already watch Wolf Children, but I missed out on the early parts of the story, so this should be nice. I haven’t seen Grave of the Fireflies yet either.

I’d love to nominate Hal, just for the sake of seeing how people will react to that.

1 Like

“Wolf Children” does sound interesting. Haven’t seen it yet…
Not sure, though, at which time I can join in. Probably, at either… but Saturday’s 18:00 GMT is a bit too late, I guess.

1 Like

I guess adding a suggestion is one recent movie I really liked, and already recommended to previous movie night-goers: Anthem of the Heart. Same staff as AnoHana but it has a totally different feel to it :wink: I guess I can’t really explain it in words so you’ll have to watch to find out

3 Likes

I’m fine with both Ookami and Anthem of the Heart. To be honest, _Anthem of the Heart appeals more to me, although I’ve been meaning to watch Ookami for a long time. I’ll let the rest decide.

Now that I think about it, I haven’t relly seen much of anime movies. I haven’t even seen Kimi no Na wa yet even though they are still airing it at cinemas near me. Anyway, Anthem of the Heart seems good. I’ve seen the synopsis when it was announced, never got around to watching the real thing. So, I guess I’m good with both.

Though if I had to make 1 choice it has to be Anthem of the Heart

1 Like

I haven’t seen Anthem of the Heart myself so I’m OK with that or Ookami as well. I heard a little about Anthem of the Heart. I do think it’s interesting so maybe that could work too. I’m fine either way to be honest.

Alright I’ll be closing suggestions and opening a poll later tonight so don’t wait to get in any last minute suggestions. Also I forgot to mention this but be sure to bold your suggestions so they’re easier for me to see so nothing gets left out of the poll.

I see. Sorry about that. I’m good with either Anthem of the Heart or Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. They both seem to be pretty good films. I hope that helps though.

1 Like

Okay, voting time! Poll closes when I say it does but it’ll be at least 48 hours from now. If there’s a tie I may hold another short poll after this one as a tiebreaker. Also I didn’t mention it in my earlier post, but please don’t vote unless you think you’re going to be going to one of the viewings, if you know you won’t be able to make it save your vote for next time (whenever that may be).
If I left out a movie that was nominated let me know and I’ll edit it in ASAP.

• Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children)
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • Hal
  • Anthem of the Heart
  • Aura: Maryuuin Kouga Saigo no Tatakai

0 voters

Also to gauge interest in the two times vote here for one or both of the time’s you’ll be there. Consider this the closest thing to a formal sign up there’ll be for viewing.

• Saturday December 17th at 18:00 GMT
  • Sunday December 18th at 06:00 GMT

0 voters

3 Likes