Introduce Yourself!

Welcome!

I’m sure Baba would be happy to hear that.

2 Likes

Glad you could join us @Kagaribi! Nice username :stuck_out_tongue:

It makes me really happy whenever I see people from different parts of the world join our community here. I take a lot of pride in how Kazamatsuri is an international community for Key fans, and it’s nice to see people like you take one of their first step into foreign communities. I really hope we leave you with a good impression, not a bad one~!

2 Likes

Thanks! It is really a good time for me to be in the Kazamatsuri.

Hi, I’m RickyNg1994 and I have heard of Key and the numerous visual novels they produced, especially Clannad, Kanon, Air and Tomoyo After. I saw some Let’s Play videos of the novels on YouTube, and I heard of Kazamatsuri by accident while searching for discussion threads on Air’s routes. Hope to work with you all! This is my first time here actually. Also, Aspirety, I retweeted the tweet on Twitter to my profile, but I couldn’t post a scan on the Little Busters! Bookclub discussion page. Is that all right?

4 Likes

Hello, um, I actually come from Aspirety’s other forum, Rokkenjima.

Truth be told, I know very little of Key works besides a handful of titles that I have also never read. Nonetheless, I hope to be able to get into their works and enjoy reading them with you all. I’ve had my eye on Little Busters for a while. Maybe this would be an opportunity to pick it up.

9 Likes

I’m glad to see local immigration. Embrace the emotional trip that Key works have to offer. As you already said, LB coming out soon is a great opportunity to have a first contact. Truth be told, many claim it to be the best Key work, so perhaps you won’t come to appreciate the other works as much afterwards.

Either way, if you happen to have time before the LB release, you might want to consider Planetarian. Very short VN without choices, just like Higurashi and Umineko. It takes between 3 and 8 hours to finish it depending on your reading skills, but those have high-quality writing and some deep philosophy. Definitely recommended. Also, Planetarian HD came out in German and Chinese if I remember correctly, so you aren’t just stuck with English.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. I’ll have to look into a way to purchase this. Thank you!

Edit: @Mogaoscar
This most likely isn’t the proper place to respond, but I ended up buying planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ as well as Clannad just now, so I’m excited to begin reading. Thanks for your recommendations! I’m excited to begin my new journey into Key works!

4 Likes

That was quick, nice initiative! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I’ll look forward to your impressions once you finish Planetarian or one of CLANNAD’s routes.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll be sure to let you know!
I bought the games quickly because, well, how am I supposed to get involved in the community here without having read a single Key work? :ahaha: We all have to start somewhere!

7 Likes

Hi you all! I’m Arthur, and I’ve been looking forward to read Little Busters! and other Key titles since I loved the KyoAni adaptations of Kanon, Air and Clannad (and I know that the original work is supposed to be way better). I’m also a beginner regarding visual novels, since I’ve only read Umineko (yeah, I come from the 07th Expansion fandom, it would be nice to join Rokkenjima too…) Anyway, I want to keep reading new stories and this seems to be a great opportunity!

9 Likes

Hi there! I’m Olivia, I live in Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
I’m completely fresh to the Key series - I’ve heard about all of them for so long, but never really decided to get into them - until now! That being said, I did watch the entirely of the Angel Beats! anime with friends, so that’s mostly the extent of my true exposure. I hope to get into the Little Busters bookclub coming up though.
I found Kazamatsuri first through the sister site, Rokkenjima! I’m actually a big WTC /07th Expansion series fan !
Outside of Key, of course WTC, my other favourite series are Rozen Maiden, Touhou Project, Madoka Magica, Kakegurui, and so on…
An interesting tidbit I think: I work as an ordained Shinto priestess as my career. But actually I wanted to mention, since my schedule can become sporadic and I may not be on for a while, or be able to post ;;, but I am reading topics and checking the site! :smile:
Nice to meet you all!

10 Likes

Welcome Bernkastelle! It’s nice to see you here from Rokken, I hope you get to know and enjoy Key’s works. :happy:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bernkastelle and @SSparks31! I hope to see you at the Little Busters! Book club and hope to get along well with you!

1 Like

Welcome @RickyNg1994! I hope you’re enjoying our community so far, even if things are a little quiet right now!

Hey @amenenee, really glad you could make it here! I really hope you come to enjoy the atmosphere here.

@ArthurClaus, welcome to the Kazoku Collective! I’m really glad that we have someone new to Little Busters to join us for the Bookclub!

@Bernkastelle I’m glad you’re finally getting into Key! I don’t think you could ask for a better introduction than getting to read Little Busters with these fine folks here.

@SSparks31 Ahh, another face I recognise! Welcome to the community Sparks, I’m really glad you’re taking more of an interest in Key.

Things are admittedly quiet around here right now, but with the upcoming Little Busters Bookclub, we have a lot to look forward to! Our goal is to unite everyone to read through Little Busters together, exchange impressions and opinions here on the forum, celebrate with fanworks, record podcasts for each route, and award heaps of prizes! I’d be very happy if each of you decided to take part in this event, we’re hoping for it to become the biggest event in Kazamatsuri’s history, and we need your help to make that a reality! We’re also hosting a giveaway for a free copy that will be ending soon, so if you haven’t entered that, please do so!

In the meantime, feel free to browse the forum, go hunting for old discussions to jump into (bumping encouraged!) and have fun! Once you have the Dango rank you’ll be able to join our Discord server and get to know everyone on a more personal level. We hope to see you there! :ai:

3 Likes

Goals for you:

1. Watch Love Live.
  2. Watch Love Live season 2.
  3. Listen to Snow Halation.
  4. Listen to Snow Halation a lot.
  5. Learn the lyrics to Snow Halation.
  6. Sing Snow Halation with your friends.
  7. Sing Snow Halation with your friends in public.
  8. Become a school idol.
  9. Save your school.
  10. Watch Love Live Sunshine.
  11. Watch Love Live Sunshine season 2.
  12. ???
  13. Profit.
  14. Nico nico nii!

Alternatively, you could just read Planetarian.
But anyways, welcome to the forum!

Also sorry to all the people that I haven’t welcomed in like two years…

3 Likes

Oooh, interesting to see more people from Japan! If you’re ever into meeting up people from Kaza in Japan, you can check out Kazamatsuri Locale - Japan topic :wink:

Since you are new to the series, I’d also recommend CLANNAD as a good starter to the series (and Ryukishi himself admits he wrote Higurashi because CLANNAD was delayed lol)

Hmm, we don’t get much redditors on here, from what I can tell (I personally don’t frequent the site). But hey glad to see you on here and hope we can get you to read more Key VNs :ai:

I will not judge you for being weird but I will heavily judge you for dancing a dance from a trash character

5 Likes

Hi, all. I’m kesseki, from Ohio. I’ve dabbled in Key series, although there’s still a lot I haven’t played/watched. I’d say my favorite Key anime is Angel Beats, but the only Key VNs I’ve played so far are Planetarian and Harmonia so I’m saving my judgement until I’ve got more titles under my belt but I cried playing both so I’m looking forward to many feels.

In addition to VNs I like pretending to learn Japanese, watching bad horror movies, sleeping, reading (just about anything, although I do love various flavors of fantasy most of all), playing videogames (lots of rpgs, HOGs, action/adventure, and point and click games) and drawing.

6 Likes

Welcome @kesseki! I hope you find Kazamatsuri a welcoming environment. Our Little Busters book club is coming up and the novel is being released on November 1st on Steam, if you’d like to join.

2 Likes

Planetarian and Harmonia are definitely a very good introduction to the medium. I highly recommend checking out the podcasts and discussion topics for both. And as for not experiencing many key works, that’s fine! As @Zosonte mentioned Little Busters! book club is coming up soon and we’d love to have you join. We especially want people who haven’t experienced LB to read along with us.

2 Likes

Pretty good entry points, I must say. My first VN over 10 years ago was actually planetarian and look where I am now :yahaha:

But hey, perfect timing for the Little Busters bookclub; if you’re up for it, feel free to join in once its out on steam :slight_smile:

2 Likes