Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @kesseki ! I look forward to getting along with you

Welcome @kesseki, I hope that youā€™ll like it here. Like Pepe said, the VNs youā€™ve read are probably the best ones to get into KEY. We have a couple of people who are experienced in Japanese so that might help you progress through by asking them questions from time to time.

Youā€™re perfectly prepared for the LB bookclub though: youā€™ve read two KEY works, you are new to LB and you cried over both Planetarian and Harmonia. Iā€™m sure reading LB will be a great experience, so Iā€™ll be looking forward to seeing you around the forum when the time comes.

Hey there! Iā€™m Breege.

Iā€™m relatively new to Keyā€™s visual novels, I suppose. Iā€™ve read Little Busters (you can find my livetweets and images of me crying hideous mascara tears over Refrain on twitter) and Iā€™m 4 routes into Rewrite :+1:

Iā€™ve been a bit hesitant to join for a while as I find big communities a little overwhelming. You all seem like lovely folks though.

See you around, I guess! :blush:

9 Likes

Be sure to post a summary of your thoughts on either of those VNs; Itā€™s always fun to see which parts of a VN people did and didnā€™t like.

Iā€™m not one for communities in general, but Kazamatsuri is pretty good. The way I (and probably a bunch of people) go about it is by lurking around until something relevant comes along. You get stretches of time where thereā€™s nothing to say, but itā€™s chill. Eventually someone will bring up Little Busters or Snufkin and then you have something to chat about.

4 Likes

Hi hi! New member here. Live in the Netherlands. Favorite key work: Angel Beats! because it was my first anime and it really made an impact on me. I also really like Little Busters! (anime) but loved Refrain. It was just so good. Didnt really like the anime of Rewrite but currently reading the visual novel and it is amazing!

7 Likes

Nice to meet you! Yeah, I watched Angel Beats! maybe 4 or 5 years back. My mindā€™s throwing a bit of a blank on some of the details, but I did enjoy it! Loved the music, for sure.

I guess weā€™re both cycling through Rewrite for the first time! Itā€™d be cool if we both got a chance to share our thoughts once weā€™re done! :laughing:

The Refrain route in Little Busters made me lose my tear ducts. Was absolutely OVERWHELMED. You oughta check out the VN when you can! Which reminds me, I need to watch the anime adaptation myself soonā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah was some time back I watched Angel Beats as well. Yeah am reading Rewrite and finished Kotori, Chihaya, Lucia and Shizuru but will take some time before I finish the rest of novel. Am very busy with school and stuff.
Actually I am reading LB finished Rin1 and Komari after that I found Rewrite and stopped LB. didnt continue cause of school as well. I am in my exam year and still dont know what I want to study so have to figure that out first hehe.
Nice to meet you as wel :wink:

Also I watched the anime of LB and it was so emotional. Dont even want to imagine what the VN will be like

3 Likes

Hello @Brigadoon and @SacredPotato! Welcome to Kazamatsuri, I hope you both enjoy it here. Even if youā€™ve both experienced Little Busters, I hope you can join us for our bookclub beginning November 1st, when the English Edition is released on Steam.

Iā€™d also personally love to hear your thoughts on the parts of Rewrite youā€™ve both read, if youā€™d like to share them. Donā€™t be afraid to dig up older topics, we appreciate any and all discussion. Thank you for joining our little community.

1 Like

Welcome!!!
@Brigadoon Very glad to see you here finally. Really looking forwards to your posts and future livetweets! Hopefully you find your way to the discord sometime too.

2 Likes

Welcome to Kaza @Brigadoon! Donā€™t worry, we arenā€™t nearly as big as a lot of other communities. Are you going to reread LB with us during the bookclub?

Welcome @SacredPotato! I hope you can find time to join us for LB bookclub. Also I recommend just generally checking out the rewrite route topics since youā€™ve already read some of them. Theyā€™re pretty interesting.

1 Like

It is I! MagusVerborum! I have come from the far off land of Rokkenjima to meet you all and plunder the treasures of this fine site~

coughs loudly

Hi everyone Iā€™m from Australia, Iā€™ve only watched Angel Beats! and thought it was pretty neat but am very much interested in Little Busters upon @Aspiretyā€™s recommendation. I hear thereā€™s a giveaway going on? :aspi:

Iā€™m not super knowledgeable about Key products but I hope a fresh perspective will be valued in the upcoming Little Busters Bookclub, Iā€™m very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into that and crafting some quality posts! :badass:

Hope to get to know you all on the forum! :happy:

EDIT: OH and I almost forgot, I absolutely love Tabletop Roleplaying Games (TTRPG) so if thatā€™s what youā€™re into hit me up <3

8 Likes

Wow nice! Getting that whole kazoku collective experience huh? Welcome to Kazamatsuri! If you have some free time (~4 hours) before LB releases I suggest you read planetarian. Itā€™s one of the fastest introductions into Key. Itā€™s good to kinda know what youā€™re getting into and LB is coming out in around 10 days so you should read it quick. I look forward to seeing you around.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I will have to give it a look if itā€™s that highly recommended~

1 Like

Welcome @Brigadoon @SacredPotato @MagusVerborum !
I hope you have a nice time here ( weā€™re getting a lot of new members along with a few people from Rokkenjima :happy: )

2 Likes

Wahaha, a little cross-promotion is good for business! Makes me wonder if the two sites could collaborate on something super-duper awesome in the future, if only an opportunity would present itself! :ahaha:

1 Like

Hey @kesseki! I see you joined us through the giveaway. I hope we can count on your participation for the LB Bookclub!

Yessss @Brigadoon you finally joined us! Iā€™m so glad to have you here, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll fit in well. Like the others have said I recommend posting your tweet threads in some of our forum topics, theyā€™re bound to get some great reactions. Hope youā€™ll be able to join our Discord and LB Bookclub!

@SacredPotato Are you related to the Potato from AIR? Welcome aboard! You should definitely read LB with us when it comes out.

Heeey itā€™s my main man @MagusVerborum! Iā€™m really excited to get your perspectives on Keyā€™s various stories, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll put forward some awesome analysis of Keyā€™s stories. And, getting the thoughts of someone new to Key is a highly valuable experience.

4 Likes

Oh hey! Iā€™ve seen you quite a bit on twitter (mainly due to @soggysadboi constantly liking and RTing your tweets lol). Love the reactions youā€™ve had for rewrite so far :shock:

Oh nice, not much dutch members on here but hope you enjoy! And hey, glad youā€™re enjoying the Rewrite VN. The anime was kind of an explosive trainwreck (in a bad way and in a strangely entertaining good way) so Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re trying out the source material

Your use of that emoji already points to good signs :badass:

Hmm i know a few of us here have wanted to start a D&D campaign but we could never get anyone willing to DM. Perhaps you could fill their shoes hmm?

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmm I might be willing to give it a go :aspi:

Iā€™m probably more confident running Blades in the Dark but if there are players here with their hearts set on some good ol D&D Iā€™m happy to run a campaign! blows dust off rulebooks

Thanks for the warm welcome @Zosonte @cjlim2007 Echo Aspirety Pepe (want to put a @ before your names but am a new member so cant :uee: )
I will try to join some topics of Rewrite and the LB bookclub.

Sorry dont know the Potato of AIR :n_g:
I am a totally fresh potato :ohoho:

I am glad I can strengthen the Dutch Kaza community. Yeah didnt like the anime at all. most of the time it is to promote the source material but it didnt go very well, except if it should have left a bad impression :peeved: At least there were some people that have already read the novel and could say the VN is much better than the anime so I guess it did get promoted :yahaha:

Love these emojis btw :push:

Also:

I would probably be level 2.5 or something. Will become 3when I go to an event :3
Maybe some guys also want to share what they are :ahaha:

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! Whoops, meant to say those are the only Key VNs, but I accidentally a word. Iā€™ve played other stuff aside from that, and Iā€™m excited to start Clannad (sitting around lonely-like and unplayed in my Steam library) and Little Busters once I have some time.

2 Likes