Introduce Yourself!

@Mage It’s nice to have you here with us on Kazamatsuri. Key is one of the best companies to make enjoyable and inspiring visual novels. I hope you’ll enjoy your time here and we can become good friends.

@Jaskills I’m pretty sure you’ll find a lot of like-minded people here as I have as well. It’s great to have more people like you to join us at Kazamatsuri. I hope you will have fun here with us and become good friends as well.

Welcome @Mage and @Jaskills! Hope you enjoy your time here.

@Jaskills, you wouldn’t happen to feel like mentioning what Discord exactly mentioned us would you? :3

Nice to meet you, @Jaskills. Cool that you’ve played Rewrite, I haven’t played the visual novel yet. Have you had any other experience with Key?

Might have been late here but welcome @POTATO , @Hardscope , @Mage and @Jaskills ! ^^

1 Like

And a nice welcome to you, @Jaskills! I have neither read nor watched Rewrite yet, but we’ll hopefully still be able to become friends. After all, there are a lot of Keyworks we can obsess over, and a likemindedness is probably still there.

1 Like

Rewrite is (fortunately? unfortunately?) my first Key work. @Aspirety someone who said they go by meow, but their name was 明立華 on the discord. The Discord name is No Game No Life - Anime & Gaming, but not too many people there read visual novels in general.

Hey everyone, I’m Cylindrical Cynic, a resident of southern California. My first Key work was in 2011, when I watched Angel Beats!, but Clannad was the one that caught me in the rest of the studio’s projects. I’ve seen all the animated offerings from Clannad and chronologically onwards, and read the same range of VN’s, not including side stories and spin-offs. My favorite out of all of them would have to be Little Busters! for its tale of friendship and connections. Apart from Key, I’m an all-around otaku, having played a variety of visual novels and JRPGs. Something interesting? I tried to write down a translation for Saga Planets’ Hanasaki Work Spring!, but ended up stopping after 20 pages or so (may return to it at some point).

Edit: Thanks to @Pepe for the help!

9 Likes

Cool, man! Nice to meet you! What non-Key VNs have you played? I’ve played both If My Heart had Wings and Steins Gate.

1 Like

Thanks everybody I already like the vibes in getting here

3 Likes

The most notable ones that I can recall would be Steins;Gate, ef - a fairy tale of the two, and Fate/Stay Night. I’ll admit that I haven’t read through If My Heart Had Wings yet.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’d really like to play Ef and FSN sometimes. What would you say is your favorite visual novel?

Hi there, @cylindridalcynic. Now I’m going to ask about the other range of the spectrum you mentioned, which JRPGs have you played? (Or just write that in the General Gaming Discussion , if that would be a lengthier answer)

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Liam, AKA XBakaTacoX, Baka or Taco! I live in Australia, land of spiders and snakes and of course, I am a guy.

Ahha, I’ve played through Little Busters (and Refrain), AIR, Clannad (and After Story) and I’m currently reading through Rewrite though it’s on a hiatus. I’ve watched all of the anime available, including the new Rewrite!

My all time favourite has always been Little Busters simply because it grew so very much on me and I fell in love with it. It wasn’t my first, however, that belongs to AIR.

Now, I actually found Kazamatsuri because the owner, Ben, more commonly known as Aspirety, was at the Madman Anime Festival and was wearing some Little Busters merchandise, being the jacket, and holding a bag, both of which were awesome and since I had never seen my favourite anime and VN been displayed EVER, I was extremely happy and absolutely had to say hello and congratulated him for being awesome. Then, much to my surprise, he handed me a card with a website which he owned and thus… Here I am. I couldn’t possibly deny that I was guaranteed to join as soon as I got home. I just want to thank Aspirety for both being awesome and handing me that card. Without it, I would never have found this lovely community. Thank you, Ben. Thank you.

Some other interests eh? Anime, and manga of course, nothing tops them. Haha, but I do enjoy drawing, music and story creation as “the creativity is high in this one”. In fact, I have a piano channel on YouTube which has highly irregular uploads, but please do make requests! xXAnimeMusicXx is the name~ something interesting about me… I’m pretty kind, always looking to make new friends and will happily talk to anyone who’s interested. So if you want to talk, please, please don’t hesitate to do so, I promise you won’t regret it. (^O^)/

(Please tell me if I’m doing anything incorrectly, I’m brand new!)

Nani sore, imi wakannai…?

14 Likes

So Aspi has business cards, eh? Well, definitely a warm welcome to you, Liam. I bet you’ll have a wonderful time here, I’m looking forward to any and all discussions and talks we’ll for sure be having.

1 Like

And thank you for the kind welcome. Yep, me and my Pikachu onesie said hello and he handed me the card so yes, he has business cards! Ahah I hope we can get along too!

1 Like

MasaKud avatar? I heavily approve! Welcome to the family :smiley: And it’s good to know those business cards did some help, heh

3 Likes

Welcome to the site, @XBakaTacoX. And, no, that’s an AWESOME introductory post.

1 Like

It’s very nice to meet you, @XBakaTacoX. I can say Little Busters! also grew on me too and joining Kazamatsuri is one of the best communities I’ve enjoyed so much. I like the introduction you mentioned on how you met @Aspirety through that festival. That’s a surefire way on how to get to know about Kazamatsuri by using business cards. I hope you enjoy being here with us at Kazamatsuri too. I can’t say enough on how we would love to have you making good discussions and presenting your thoughts to us. I definitely like to become friends with you cause I think will get along just fine. :smile:

1 Like

@XBakaTacoX Ohh, you made it! This is the first time I’ve managed to recruit someone to Kazamatsuri at a con before so I’m a bit chuffed. Welcome, I’m sure you’ll fit in great here!

And welcome also to @cylindricalcynic!

1 Like

Oh, have you given Fate/Hollow Ataraxia a try yet? It’s a sequel vn to F/SN and it’s really enjoyable! Lots of daily life segments mixed with darker nighttime action ones. The Fate franchise is pretty fun!

1 Like