Introduce Yourself!

Heyyy I’m Ome and I don’t? know how to introduce myself but here goes. I got into Key after reading Little Busters and I’ve read through most of their works by now. Out of all the VNs Rewrite is the dearest to my heart because it’s the only one I went into completely blind and boy was it a trip. I draw sometimes.

I got here through twitter memes and I haven’t used a forum for anything ever since circa 2009, so please be gentle with me LAUGHS

11 Likes

Hmm, let’s see…

You told us your name, check.
You told something about yourself, check.
You even told how you got here, check.

I’d say you just introduced yourself.

Achievement unlocked: Learned how to introduce yourself. :wink:

So a warm welcome to you, Ome, may you have fun and get lots of nice memories with us. And honestly, reading some of these introductions, it seems everyone feels a bit awkward at first, it is a new place after all, but I think a lot of people felt at home here pretty quickly. At least that’s how I see it.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you! Neat to see someone get into Key through Little Busters.

2 Likes

I have @POTATO to thank for that one tbh since before she bugged me about Little Busters I had only ever read 07th Expansion and Type-Moon lmao

Thank you both for being so welcoming!

2 Likes

It’s nice to meet you and have you with us here, @Bazett. TBH, Little Busters! is one of my favorite works and it stills remains as one of my best VNs I’ve ever played. I hope you’ll have fun and joining us in many topics and discussions we have here. Forums are usually interesting places to express your thoughts and opinions that can be overall very fun to have. Anyway, welcome aboard! :smile:

2 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum @Jaskills . Rewrite was my first Key VN and still is my favorite so far, I’ve also played Little Busters, so I recommend trying that if you decide to play another.

From reading that post I would say your experience with Rewrite is similar to mine, I seriously fell in love with the world and characters of rewrite and had tons of fun reading it. Welcome to the forum and don’t worry this was the first forum I’ve ever even joined before and everything’s super chill here

5 Likes

Who else but Masato and Kud?! Haha, but thanks for the lovely welcome and I’m sure we can get along well!

@DangoDaikazoku Thank you and thank you! Here’s to friendship!

@Sonic112003 Wow, what a lovely welcome! I’m very happy that I’m being welcomed like this! I can’t explain why Little Busters grew on me, but perhaps the reality of friendship and whatnot was more related to myself? Either way, I think it’ll stay as my favourite for quite some time. Far into the future. Speaking of the future, I hope we can become friends because frankly, a friend of Key, is a friend to me. Let me know if you wanna talk!

@Aspirety yep, I was actually very glad and excited to join this community and I have you to thank for that. I think it’s a great idea to have cards because it’s very effective at influencing those you meet to come along and join. Keep at it and this will be the very best community in existence.

4 Likes

I would definitely love to become friends with you cause that’s what friendship is all about. I should say thank you cause it makes me feel very good and I hope we can talk more as well too. Yeah to friendship! :smile:

By the way, I love your avatar of Masato and Kud. They are very endearing characters and they grew on me.

2 Likes

@Sonic112003 Heck yes, let’s be friends then! Yeah, making new friends is always a good thing. It enables us to connect with others who have similar and different opinions.

Haha Masato and Kud are absolutely adorable and yeah, they grew on me too. Though, Komari is actually my favourite girl, Kud is a very close second and Masato is my favourite male character.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m waravim, living in Tokyo.

I played and watched almost all of key works except for KudWafter and AB 1st game. My first exposure was anime of Clannad and Rewrite visual novel is my favorite.

I found this community from twitter. In Japan this type of fan community is shrinking (People use twitter and not to like having website), so I decided to join here though I generarlly speak Japanese.

I like Visual Novels ,especially Romeo Tanaka’s works. I also like watching animes and reading critique around anime culture. Recently I am watching Re:zero.

I think 2016 is Key year for better or worse, I would like to discuss about Key’s works in this forum.
My English might be poor. Please don’t hesitate to correct me.

13 Likes

Nice to meet you!

Don’t worry about it. As far as I’m concerned, bringing people together from all around the world is what communities like this are all about.

I’d like to think that as far as this being the Year of Key, in this case interesting times are better than overly silent ones.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you, @waravim. You live in Tokyo? That’s awesome, man. And don’t worry about your English; what you used in your post is pretty much spot-on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi waravim! It’s good to see some more people from japan around here :smiley:

I’d love to have met you, but it seems I only have a week left in japan, and I have to prepare to leave :komue: guess the timing isn’t all that great

2 Likes

@Mage, @Jaskills, @cylindricalcynic, @XBakaTacoX, @Bazett and @waravim. Nice to meet you and Have a nice memory!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @waravim! I really appreciate when Japanese people take the time to visit our community. In the words of Akane, 「ここがお前にとって良き居場所となればいいわね」。I hope this becomes somewhere you fit right in.

I’m very interested in more Japanese perspectives on Key and the community, so I hope to see you around the forum! And don’t worry, your English is very good!

3 Likes

It’s very nice to meet you. This is a great community to join and it’s interesting you found the website on Twitter. I would love to hear your opinions on Key discussions and expressing your thoughts as well.

I’m also watching Re:Zero too and I do agree that 2016 is the year for Key. I hope you enjoy being here at Kazamatsuri. Also, don’t worry about your English speaking skills. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome @waravim! Even though this is an english speaking community, I feel that we’re already very international, so you already fit in. And it’ll definitely be interesting to see your opinions on Key’s works. And as many have already said, your English’s fine.

3 Likes

Oh, almost missed one. Welcome @Bazett! Glad the power of TWITTER MEMES was able to persuade you to join our ranks. I’m already certain you’ll fit right in! I look forward to seeing you guys join us on Discord once you earn the Dango rank!

1 Like

Thanks for your warm welcome ! It seems that I can produce “good memory”(良い記憶) here.
Also, I noticed these cool Emoji :yukitgla:

@Pepe Unfortunately, I am traveling around now and it looks like timing is bad.
I’ll wait for your next visit or I might visit your country :grinning:

4 Likes