Introduce Yourself!

Thanks for your reply Takafumi,

Oh, I’ve really enjoyed Tomoyo After…
I’ve thought that it wasn’t the best Key VN because I’ve read that too many times in some forums that there were better ones.
That, and the fact that there was a recent revised perfect edition (AFAIK) made me think that even Key agreed. BTW, I’d like to play that edition…

In other words, the impression some guys gave me is that it is a very good VN, but there’re better ones (but it’s a subjective matter and a matter of tastes).

As for me, it was my first VN and I don’t regret a bit. I played it without following any guide, and faced a bad ending…
And then, I was able to have the true end. It felt such a great experience.

I liked her brother’s character (I guess you too), and Tomoyo’s character was well done. I like Tomoyo’s spirit.

You know, one of the most interesting parts for me was when they don’t agree, they don’t think the same for the first time near the end.

Finally, the soundtrack is just… wonderful. I really like it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it sounds like you’d like Rewrite a lot. I know not everyone agrees with me, but I personally think it has Key’s best soundtrack.

2 Likes

More good news, @MalignantSeraph. Can’t wait!

I think it’s the only Key soundtrack that I haven’t enjoyed yet (on purpose). (Because I will be playing Rewrite very soon, so I’m resisting the temptation) Good to know!

Wait… what? I ran AIR and Litbus at the same time when we were talking about VN resolutions on Aspi’s stream.

Umm…

Still, I’m not sure why you’d ever want to run two at the same time.

You messed up your spoiler tags there :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think you really need them there anyway.
Also, you can just edit your posts. You don’t need to make multiple separate ones if you are the most recent poster~

The only new thing it did was add more H-scenes I think. It was just a money grab~

Definitely. A lot of the day-time tracks and the heroine themes are pretty unbearable imo, but lots of people like them.
The real good ones are the ones that show up deeper into the routes The endings are great too. Kept me excited after drudging through the Kotori route.

@Takafumi Yes indeed, fixed now. That’s what happens when you type too fast. :slight_smile:
I’m so “anti-spoilers” that I can’t help it. :slight_smile:

And thanks for the info. Yes, I’ve already noticed that edit option in my first post (which was quite messy).
As I said, this is a great website. Elegant, and very functional.

I don’t know what to say regarding the engines, I’ll try them. Right now I’m using the Clannad VN saved on a Windows 7 partition, but running it from my Windows 8 partition… and accesing it using teamviewer remotely. LOL I have no idea what may happen if I run 2 engines. (I try to protect my Windows 8 partition because it is perfect, that and my laptop, that’s why I use TeamViewer to access W8). Kinda complicated but functional, and I can play it anywhere I am… like a visual novel in the “cloud”.

I think I’m going to explore those engines, I’m curious. I don’t know anything about them…

I started a little post about the Reallive engine, which is what Key used up until Rewrite. It’s in the early stages, but it’ll improve over time. It mainly focuses on the RLDev tools, but there’ll be some stuff about the official tools Visual Arts released.

1 Like

Welcome @zetaFairlight! Its always great when we get new members who are so passionate. I’m sure we’ll have some great discussion~

[quote=“zetaFairlight, post:857, topic:49”]
Should I skip it and go straight to something new
[/quote]Forget what everyone else has said. Obviously the next VN you should read is Angel Beats! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see you say you’re very anti-spoiler. That’s good. We hate ruining these great stories for other people around here. To help us all out, it would be great is you could put in parentheses what the spoilers are about. For example, here you could put

“about (Clannad) Kotomi

That way, people know whether or not they need to stay away from the spoiler. Thanks!

Understatement of the year. Key’s music is effing brilliant.

And lastly, we encourage necroposting here, so feel free to bring up any old topics!

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a useful tip to make it easier to decide if one should read it or not. Thank you!

By the way, yes, a small word can ruin an epic moment… those great “wham” moments.
Specially in this genre.
Yes, I never tell a single thing, because I want them to enjoy it as much as I do or even more.

You know @yearian98 sometimes I really want to share something (like a trailer or song from YouTube or other sites) in order to introduce a friend to the Key world.
But YT is plenty of spoilers, even when nobody wants to tell a thing (after-video suggestions, suggested video list at the right, comments section, and so on). It’s very hard, so I end up not sharing a thing in many cases.

It would be a good topic: “How to invite a friend to the Key universe (Anime/VN) without telling them too much about it?”

1 Like

Maybe it is. Only time will tell what discoveries we shall make. :3

I’m currently taking Physics as my college course and it’s a very interesting branch of science albeit it’s also pretty difficult.

1 Like

Ah, Physics. I remember starting that course, realizing that 1) there’ll be lots of homework, and 2) the things being taught are incredibly pretentious, I quit on the first Friday. Went for Psychology instead.

Yo @zetaFairlight welcome! Nice to see another passionate Clanand fan :p. (My fav is clannad too btw hehe)

Yo that is completely fine! For example, I have only read Rewrite, but saw all the animes. You know, everyone was once a newbie. And people here are welcoming and respectful, so you dont have to worry about that ;d. We are all Key fans and we want to share the happiness and passion we have with others

Okay so, as a guy who only saw an anime, I can only say this. From what I have heard and read about Key’s VN, is that they are pretty unique and that VNs have better and more in-depth stuff. For example AIR is told to be a bad adaptation (as an anime).
I personally think that I would enjoy every VN even tho I have seen it becuase its a different experience… Anime right? you are watching that, something is happening, but VN on the other hand is more… how to say ehh. Lets say you are more in a control of what is going to happen right? You are more sinked in… yeah something like that.
I am planning to read every VN of Key’s even tho I have watched the animes, and I am actually looking forward it :3.

The best period.
It’s not music, its all feelings put into sounds - i literally cry everytime I hear some sad clannad or rewrite osts. Goosebumps everywhere. Key’s music is life changing srsly. I may be overreacting but I do feel like its completely unique.
Funny that the whole time I was writing I had rewrite ost in the background.

About spoilers, I am so so so so glad that there are people who does not spoil the actual scenes/plot.
I am a spoiler hater, I hate them, every kind of them - from music spoil, openings, to actual scenes and funny moments… I just want to have the original experience while watching/reading it for the first time. But it’s not like I would kill anyone for that no I’m not really that dramatic over it. (am i being tsundere lol?)
Even tho I am saying spoils myself I mak sure to tag them or be ware of the thing that there are people who may not know it, if im actually speaking or writing on the skype chat.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they are unique.
Almost all adaptions are worse than the source material. Books and comics into movies. VNs and LNs into anime.
They can change the vision the writer had. They can cut out hours of possible content. They can butcher the characters or the execution of the story.

I have no problem with spoilers, but I can very rarely manage to go through something I’ve already read/watched. If I’ve only read a single scene, and then had to start over from that scene, It’d take me years to sum up the willpower to get through it.

Spoilers are okay though. The events don’t really matter to me anyway. I knew all of AIR before watching it. I knew up to Terra before reading Rewrite. I knew the ending of TA, and it was still great.

It’s the same for all media of course. If spoilers ruined something for me, I don’t think I’d have liked Crisis Core as much as I did. I couldn’t have played KH1 or COM because I played KH2 first~
I don’t think spoilers have ever ruined something for me, so until they do, I don’t worry about them. CLICK ALL THE SPOILER TAGS! I’m probably more liberal with my tags than I should be, but I try~

1 Like

Welcome @zetaFairlight!

[quote=“zetaFairlight, post:857, topic:49”]
I compose music, love to design in 3D, to develop software, studying science and many other topics.
[/quote]That’s all really cool. I’m curious, were you interested in making games? (All of those skills are valuable in that field.)

Regarding the next VN to read, I also recommend Rewrite. I won’t compare it to Little Busters! though – I feel they have different meanings that don’t need to be compared.

Cheers!

Yes can we do this please? I’ve been wanting a topic like this for a while * w *

Welcome to our family, @zetaFairlight! I’m sure you’ll fit right in.

1 Like

Thank you @Aspirety !

I’ve created a topic… I’m so curious about it. I want that more and more people to know about Key, without pressing them.

Also… I’m eager to let the Spanish spaking people to know Key. I also want them to get updates, there lots of updates from Japan, daily…

You know, sometimes I’ve spent hours and hours reading tons of information from Jun Maeda and staff to VN details and inner jokes, and I think to myself: I wish there would be some big source of information for those… millions spanish-speaking people.

Apparently Key doesn’t know that it is quite popular in occident (remember the Kickstarter Q&A in Reddit?).

So, I strongly believe that Key studios already have a good fan base here,
and huge potential for even more. A lot more.

Where I live -for example- the Japanese culture, its language, VN, animes and dozens of events are more and more popular as time goes by. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, specially in the last couple of years.

Oh yes indeed @NotKyon ,

Very recently (exactly one week ago) I’ve decided to create a VN. Everything will be created from scratch, and I’ll put all my heart on this project.
I want to create something different.

I like and I’ve worked on those fields separately in the past, but I’ve finally found a way to merge all my skills together. And have fun creating something that I’d love to read. I’m taking it very seriously and putting a lot of effort, but I’m, enjoying the process at the same time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there!
U can call me crow or white lol
Now, I live in Indonesia
The first key’s anime i watch is angel beats.
It make me cry like a little child lol.
The first key game i ever play is Planetarian, shprt but destructive… Lol
Until now i think i like clannad, angel beats, and little buster the best.
I can’t choose which one better lol

Well i find this blog by a pure coincedence
U know after u finishing VN and still want to know more about it, i often type anything that relate to that game
And what i finish that time is rewrite. (My fav. Key game, love shizuru and lucia route the best…)
Then i find it lol.

My interest beside key…
Stargazing? Maybe it’s kud and reverie influence lol

FYI i want to be a mangaka, key’s the reason i dream that… WML…
I want to spread happiness like key do…
U can check my portfolio www.shiro021.deviantart.com

Ill love to chat with you!
Thx!

11 Likes

Welcome Whitecrow!

I’m liking your fanart :+1: Good luck in pursuing your dream (and hopefully you’ll share any of your new Key art on the forums)!

Feel free to bring up any topics, old or new, and hope to see you around~

Weclome to the family … white! … crow!
Stargazing is a thing and its cool.
Your fanart is cool, liking it :p.

Thx!
I’ll upload it soon yahaha~
I’ll be in your care yerian-sempai ~! (lol)