Introduce Yourself!

Just checking for reference, have you read Harvest Festa? How about Holy Breaker? The latter isn’t technically a Key game, but I figured I would still ask since it’s kinda related and it’s not listed.

It will take a LONG time at first, but if you actually stick with it you will learn a lot and it will get faster. Assuming you’re at least far enough in the language to be learning Kanji; because you probably won’t even know where to start if you’re not there.

I forgot about Harvest Festa and Holy Breaker. Not sure why I forgot Harvest Festa but Holy Breaker probably because, as you said, it’s not technically Key.

I think I have most the grammar, I know all of hiragana and just have issues with the katakana that look similar. I took 2 years of Japanese in High School and couldn’t get Kanji there and I’ve attempted learning it again through different internet sites but still having issues with Kanji.

I know this is getting a little far of the topic of introductions, but I’m self-teaching as well right now, and I think I’m moving pretty steadily. If you ever want to talk about resources and just learning the language in general you can shoot me a PM.

Ok, that makes more sense. I’ll admit that I’m a little sad that we didn’t just gain another person who reads untranslated VNs(we have like 3? 4 maybe? On the site, and they aren’t very vocal), but don’t let my wishful thinking bother you. Welcome to the forums anyways!

Hello everyone, it maybe late but just dropped by to say i have just joined. I usually go by the ign s0ewhat so if you see my ign somewhere online drop by and say hi, as for where im from im from LA and for key related things I should have watched everthing but kanon and for the visuals novels I have played Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, and Little Busters. I do plan on working on AIR and KANON but thats if and when i can find the time to play haha. But so far out of what I have read/watched my favourite is Rewrite. Please feel free to recommend me any Visual Novels for I am still new.

4 Likes

Hello s0ewhat! Welcome!

Oh man, Kanon is my personal favorite. I don’t think everybody here agrees, but I would definitely recommend checking it out. Well, whenever you have time I’d be interested in hearing your first impression, especially coming from all these other Key works.

[quote=“s0ewhat, post:801, topic:49”]
Please feel free to recommend me any Visual Novels for I am still new.
[/quote]Aside from Key visual novels there are a lot of pretty good ones out there. I haven’t experienced as many as others have, but I’d say it depends on what you like. I think Steins;Gate might be a pretty good one to get into if you haven’t yet. I’ve only seen the anime (haven’t bought the VN yet – there’s an official English translation) but from what I’ve heard and seen of the VN it’s pretty good. (Anybody wanna weigh in on this?)

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself!:

Yh I read some summaries on KANON but I have trouble finding translated all ages version of most games since I don’t live alone so I can’t really play 18+ versions but when I do play ill be sure to write. As for Steins Gate i have not really watched or read but I have heard about it. Im some what intrested in it. So far I have only played a couple of non key games such as Symphonic Rain ( which is one of my favourites, I have tried to get anything related to it that I could find), sono yokogao (A profile) and If my Heart Had Wings I have read parts of Le Fruit De La Grisaia and have ordered the game on KickStarter so I will play that also I loved the stories for it too.

Yeaaaaah Symphonic Rain da bessss~

I guess to add to recommendations, Ever17 is really really good and you should check that out :slight_smile:

Welcome, @s0ewhat. It’s never too late to say ‘Hi’. :slight_smile:

I do plan on working on AIR and KANON but thats if and when i can find the time to play haha.
[/quote]I’m glad you are pursuing Kanon and AIR. Both have really good stories, even if their presentation doesn’t stand up to Key’s later visual novels. Kanon, especially, is one of my favorite visual novels because of its story and characters (Ayu best girl <3). Even the music and presentation is pretty good, even if some people claim it has not aged well.

Please feel free to recommend me any Visual Novels for I am still new.
[/quote]You should check out the General Visual Novel topic. You can probably find a good recommendation there if you ask. Personally, I recommend May Sky. It’s free and short, but it has a very touching story and a wonderful soundtrack. I think Takafumi would also agree that Moonshine is also worth checking out. Google them both; they’re free. :slight_smile:

Forgive me if it sounds like I’m patronizing, but do not be afraid to ask us about anything. We won’t bite (at least, I don’t know anyone in this forum that does). Anyways, welcome to our big, happy family!

Okay so it’s quite late and I’m probably more emotional than usual but I almost cried when I found this site. So as you can probably tell I’m a bit of a diehard Air fan and up until now, the anime-related forums have been a little monotonous when it comes to key works. All I would ever hear about is Clannad and it got to the point where I really felt I was the only Air fan in the world.

Then I found this site and it’s honestly so refreshing to see every one of key’s works getting love and this is exactly how it should be. I still have yet to play the Air visual novel but I’ve been a little apprehensive because of the H-content though I’m determined to work out all the computer kinks to install the all ages version!

Anyway the site looks amazing (love the header ^_^). Thanks Aspirety for making the site and honestly I don’t think I’ll be posting too much apart from the inevitable help threads on how to install the games but it’s nice to be here and thanks for having me.

Night!

9 Likes

Welcome @s0ewhat. Glad you could make it. :smiley:

1 Like

You should try out Aiyoku no Eustia; it’s like Rewrite but midevil and the protagonist is an assassin. Unfortunately there’s only a partial patch at the moment, but even that is worth the read.
Other than that, I’ve heard that G-Senjou no Maou is really good. If you’re fine with ehrm excessive adult content then you might try Kamidori Alchemy Meister.

I feel like I’m missing another one that’s been translated, but I can’t remember right now. Anyway, if you’re looking for VNs to read, check out the General Visual Novel Topic. I’m sure a bunch of people, myself included, would be willing to help you decide on any VN you find interesting if you post about it there.

Welcome, @Kami_chan. Glad to see another good fan of Key works, especially AIR. Don’t be too shy to ask us about anything. We will be glad to help!

Oh, and have a pleasant rest. :slight_smile:

Welcome @s0ewhat, what is your opinion about If My Heart Had Wings? Did you like it?

Hello, @Kami_chan

Welcome @s0ewhat and @Kami_chan!

@Kami_chan you should definitely check out this thread by our very own @Takafumi about Air patches, etc. Hopefully you can start in time to catch up with the Bookclub!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself!:

yh I have the game right now for ever 17 i havn’t started it so hopefully i get a chance to play soon.

1 Like

Ill be sure to check it out and I will try out Kanon if i can find some all ages ver, I can only usually find the 18+ ver.

It has been a while since I played If my heart had wings, but i did enjoy it. All the sd comics were preety funny i really enjoyed the beach ones they were preety funny. My favourite routes were probably Amane’s and Asa/Yoru’s routes. Though yoru’s route, I kinda wished was her route alone but the way it ended up was not bad either it was funny.

1 Like

Ill give it a go, I really loved Rewrite though it is kinda dissapointing that it is partially translated im still not fully fluent in japanese and still learning. As for G-senjou no Maou iv only heard about it so I dont really know the plot or anything but ill see if i can find a copy of it. As for Kamidori Alchemy Meister i would I dont mind the Adult Content just I don’t have any place to play them haha I don’t live alone so it’s hard for me to play those kinds of games and i would like to introduce them to tamer VN’s before I can show them all the Adult stuff haha but whenever I get a chance ill be sure to try it out.

@kami_chan Hi guess were comrads in arms for midnight registeration haha. If you ever start AIR tell me I just started playing and only got past day one in game. Tell me how far you get into the story when you get a chance to play.