Fire Emblem

Yeah, but most people wouldn’t know that on their first playthrough unless they searched up spoilers. It also makes a person change the way they play by forcing him and MU together during battle. I just don’t find it good design to include this character death. Not like it was important to kill him off anyway as far as I can tell.

So for the past few weeks there has been like posters for my school’s Anime Club that said they were having a Fire Emblem Fates tourney. When I saw it I was like oh I gotta do this cuz I have pride in my abilities as a player of almost all the English FE games. So anyways I got there and there were a few people. And I normally don’t go to that club cuz I have my own club on that day so I didn’t really know these people. I was basically just eavesdropping on their conversation which went something like this:
A: Oh did you beat it yet? Which game did you play?
B: I have the special edition but I beat Birthright first and it was suuuuuuuuper easy. Next time I might play Lunatic.
At this point I was like oh sht these guys are good.
A: Yeah Conquest was super easy too. What setting are you on?
wtf is this? how are these guys so good.
B: I play casual. Phoenix is too easy.
A: Yeah same.
I fell on the floor. I was like OMFG these guys… no sh
t phoenix is too easy…

By the end of it there was only one person who was gonna play and I wrecked them way too hard. So that was a thing.

They’ll never know the feel of having to restart an entire map because you lost a unit to a 3% crit chance right at the very end.

Ikr. That’s how Fire Emblem was intended…

I lost a unit at the end to a 1% crit chance.

I quit playing for about a week.

God bless L +R + Start

1 Like

you know you’re getting back into the groove of fire emblem when your hands instinctively move to L R Start. It’s the mark of a true fire emblem player

1 Like

I need to get back in. Birthright is my first Fire Emblem game and I was making good progress, but then I hit one of the extra missions and started ramming my head up against the wall. I really want to play Conquest so I get to hang out with the cool characters, but I should probably be able to handle Birthright first :sunohii:

2 Likes

Get used to the game and it’s mechanics in birthright before switching to conquest, it’s way harder. Also, you can’t grind in conquest (without DLCs at least) so be prepared.

2 Likes

Getting used to the game mechanics won’t even come close to preparing you for some of the absolute fuckery conquest pulls in certain chapters…

Muh spy’s yumi lunge dolls

Muh ninjas with 2 after-battle damage skills

2 Likes

But I want to hang out with Leo! And Camilla, and TwinTail-chan. So I have to try at some point.

Was it chapter 10 where you recruit Camilla? Anyways, I believe it’s one of the most hated one.

Chapter 10 is indeed where you get Camilla, and IMO is the single hardest level in Conquest. I’ve replayed conquest numerous times (trying different relationships for min/max purposes), and chapter 10 is always the one that consistently gives me the most trouble.

ohhh f*ck that thing it pissed me off so much. I’m on the chapter after than I think but I stopped playing cuz I was studying for tests and stuff. Ill (try to) beat conquest soon though.

That chapter isn’t too difficult actually. Just know who to go up against and with which units. My units were already strong enough at that point to take down multiple enemies with little damage, so just place them accordingly. Like how Oni Savages were dealt with by Corrin and Selena, Camilla dealt with Pegasi, and how Niles and Nyx took care of Archers. It takes a bit of trial and error, but it can be cleared in maybe 4 tries. Way less than I spent in later chapters of the game.

I ended up moving all my units together to the left and then killed all of them on that side and moved them to the other side. Surprisingly I was able to kill the boss right on time by turn like 19

Oh, I thought you two were talking about Chapter 10. Um… yeah, Chapter 25. A bit frustrating with the right side, but it’s still a fun chapter, and the turn limit was just right for me. Boss itself is quite easy once you activate the Dragon Vein.

Oh you were talking about chapter 10? Chapter 10 didn’t seem to hard for me either. That is of course, ignoring the fact that I literally reset the entire file because I realized that I f*cked up real hard when I heart sealed my avatar and didn’t save before. That made chapter 8 (which actually isn’t that hard) and 10 basically unbeatable.

The chapter with the pots was probably my favorite. It was hard but I liked its originality, it was refreshing.

Fire Emblem.
Got to know it through the first western release, Fire Emblem Blazing Sword (the seventh one). It was my first strategy game, and, well, I sucked at it. I didn’t reset everytime a unit of me died, so when I was at the last chapter, I just barely made it to Nergal, and then the dragon showed up (Oh, and I didn’t know about Luna’s overpoweredness). I wasn’t able to beat it back then, still, it was fun, so I got myself Sacred Stones when it came out.
This one was easier, and I myself also got better at the game. Later, I replayed FE 7 again, and I couldn’t understand what was so hard the first time.
So I was hooked for the series.
I played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn as well, and I usually see these games’ stories as a unity, and it is one of my favorite stories.
I dropped Shadow Dragon somewhere around the tenth chapter, just wasn’t too interesting.
Played Awakening, overall liked it.
Sometime after Awakening, I researched a bit about the older FEs, and have since then watched Let’s Plays of Genealogy of the Holy War (one of the nicer stories), Thracia 776, Binding Blade and Heroes of Light and Shadow (aka New Mystery of the Emblem).
I am currently still playing Fates, and I think it is a nice game.
The only things I know about Gaiden is the stuff that Ghast Station talked about in his video “This is what happens in Fire Emblem Gaiden”.
I also looked at some stuff from the Romhack community through Youtube Videos, namely the Ragefest Contests, which were held by a Youtuber of the name of MarkyJoe1990.