Fire Emblem

I’ve played through The Blazing Sword and Awakening. I really liked both. I loved the variety of classes and ways you could prioritize various skills and strengths of your characters in Awakening, but I found The Blazing Sword more immersive because I felt it was more challenging and that the story was a bit stronger.

I’m not 100% on how I feel about this, but I almost wish the supports in Awakening onward DIDN’T end in marriage. I know it’s necessary from a gameplay perspective because of the second generation characters , but I still wish they could’ve found a happy medium. I just can’t stomach certain relationships being romantic in that game (Gregor X Maribelle, Donnel X Panne,). Despite this, however, I am somewhat GLAD for these options because there are also a number of couples I DO really like (Stahl X Sully, Chrom X Sumia, Virion X Panne).

Everytime this thread is bumped I’m reminded of my Conquest Lunatic run and how I’m afraid to touch Chapter 12 (pot hell).

Wow! You got that far in LUNATIC? I’m impressed.

I told myself I wasnt gonna touch it but after completing the other 2 on Lunatic I…well, yeah.

Played them all except Fate as of writing this and I do love the series for the characters and gameplay, not so much for the story outside of 4 which is my favorite Fire Emblem game, I was not too excited for Fates initially until my friend started playing it and told me about and I refuse to play through Thracia 776 again and no one can and will make me

Which 2 did you complete? I only got, like, 4 chapters into Awakening’s before realizing how long it would take to spotpass grind and giving up,

@CressandNep What part of Fates didn’t pique your interest?

The whole 2 seperate games situation at first put me off greatly as I thought it would have the same exact maps just with different units and I thought it would be as easy as awakening but I’m glad I am wrong with my first impressions

I got ya. Conquest in particular looks awesome, so I can’t wait to play it soon.

@Purple You deserve this:

1 Like

My friend had terrible RNG in conquest, he missed a 99% hit rate TWICE then the enemy triggered a crit at 2% and landed the hit with 48% wish I was making this up but besides that part it’s fun

As in Birthright and Revelation. I’ve beaten 6-8 on Hard as well if that means anything haha. Awakening Lunatic isn’t hard it’s plain unfair. I haven’t touched it after I got stuck on Chapter 17.

Well, you know:

Still, that is even worse luck. And I have the feeling that Fates doesn’t have true hit anymore. Haven’t looked that up, though.

2 Likes

Gosh, what the heck? I didn’t know Conquest was so scary… :sweat_smile:

@VyseGolbez There is so much truth in this video…

@Purple Yeah, I agree that Lunatic is basically unfair in that game (Partially for the reasons CressandNep was talking about). I’m just amazed you got as far as CHAPTER 17!

So, when you say 6-8, do you mean Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, and Sacred Stones? That’s still pretty impressive. I never got through Hector Hard on the middle of those three.

2 Likes

I finally beat conquest but it was because I lowered the difficulty to normal on the second to last chapter. I’ll go back to my hard run later. Now I’m starting revelations.

That’s cool. I finished Revelations not too long ago, and honestly actually somehow found it easier than Birthright. A lot of it is because it just sort of focuses on trying to nail you with weird environmental gimmicks rather than the maps actually being strategically difficult.

Of course, there’s also the fact that you have access to the ridiculous units from both sides, so you can just cheese maps with the absurdly powerful royal families.

I was originally gonna do Rev Hard for my run of it, but I decided to go with Lunatic because earlygame was actually kind of easy. The gimmicks were really annoying to figure out, though. The stealth chapter still gives me nightmares.

There’s another stealth chapter? I know they did that in Path of Radiance, is it better? I guess that question is for those that have played both.

Unfortunately haven’t played Path of Radiance, but the stealth chapter in Revelations is insanely obnoxious and kind of an exercise in trial and error if you actually try to complete it “stealthily”.

Of course, you have the option to just do things the normal way and kill everybody, which is substantially easier, but you get a goodie at the end for doing it the discreet way.

It’s basically the same idea as the one in PoR but like 10x more annoying because it’s awful.

Wouldn’t say just conquest as he’s having similar issues with Revelations, all this talk makes me regret not preordering the limited edition with all 3 games

Really? That sounds rough. :disappointed: