Fire Emblem

Nah I’m sure he’s fine after all he’s grinding all the Dlc maps can’t wait to play it myself and solo everything with Marth

1 Like

Is it an extremely valuable goodie (like Boots, for example) or something that isn’t that important (Money, Seals, Generic Weapon)? Because if it’s the latter, I’ll probably kill everyone, like in PoR.

You get Boots, a seal and money, so yeah

1 Like

Ugh, damnit. I want my Boots. Oh well, can’t change that. I guess I’ll see how annoying it is going to be.

I saw them say you could do that chapter stealthily, but I basically got discovered instantly so I just fought them all, it was pretty easy to figure out which doors to take too. (I just got into fire emblem this year so I didn’t know stealth missions were a thing)

They usually aren’t, to this day Path of Radiance and Fates are the only ones that have one, as far as I know.

I got into Fire Emblem this year. I beat and really enjoyed Awakening back towards the end of my Spring semester. I have the special edition for Fates and I started Birthright a while ago, though I’m mostly playing it due to the recommended order of Birthright>Conquest>Revelations to get to Conquest which seems much more up my alley with it posing an actual challenge (plus I like the Nohr aesthetic more and the Conquest cast seems more interesting to me)

2 Likes

I’m going to play Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations soon, and I’d like some additional input on which characters to use. From the last chapters of Birthright and Conquest I am guessing that I’m going to be able to use 16 characters in the last chapter. Since you have to use yourself, that leaves 15 spots open. I am going to use all the royal siblings, which leaves additional 7 spots open. For those, each spot is for one of the seven S-Rank weapon users. Oh, and if you should actually not get the S-Rank weapons in Revelation, don’t tell me that, I’ll pretend that I still get them in that case. Now, I am not going to use characters that are gotten from Paralogues (read: no second generation). I am also not going to reclass anyone. That means that I’ll outline below what characters qualify for each weapon and you guys can then discuss why I should use character X over Y, you can use growth rates, characterization, looks, personal skill, whatever for your argument, but I won’t care about availability. (With other words, I don’t care if one of these only joins in the second to last chapter (hypothetical)) I’ll also spoiler tag the character names, just in case someone doesn’t want to know which characters wield which weapons.

So now, the weapons:

Sword/Katana

Hana
Hinata
(Ryoma is strong enough with his Raijinto)

Lance/Naginata

Oboro (Guess there’s only one)

Axe/Club

Arthur
Charlotte

Bow/Yumi

Setsuna (Again, only one, Takumi shall keep his Fujin Yumi)

Dagger/Shuriken

Kaze
Saizo
Kagero

Tome/Scroll

Odin
Nyx

Staff/Rod

Felicia
Jacob
Flora
Elise (Choosing Elise effectively means opening a space for Azura to come along)

So now, get discussing about these characters, but keep it civil, of course. Thinking about it, you might have to spoiler tag the whole discussion, since it’s probably not surface information… I don’t know, someone should maybe say something regarding that concern.

Pretty long post inbound, just gonna go through unit by unit with my thoughts:

I think Hana is better than Hinata - her speed growth is a lot better and the fact that she’ll get doubles more frequently means she’ll effectively have higher damage anyway. She also has better skill, which means more astra procs and more crits. Hinata is a little more durable, and he starts off quite a bit better than Hana does, but by mid-lategame Hana will be outstripping him pretty hard. Plus she’s super cute. Would definitely add Hana to your team.

I would STRONGLY recommend using Oboro. She’s got a great stat spread and starts off in a great class - the seal skills that they get make Oboro incredibly good at softening tough targets, and she has enough bulk to not really get surprise killed by anything. Her damage is really good and she has “good enough” speed that she’ll double just about anything that’s not a ninja or a samurai unit. At the very least, nothing will be doubling her. She also has access to Rend Heaven (incredibly high proc rate and once again adds “good enough” damage to net Oboro the ORKO), as well as lancefaire for even more ridiculous damage. I personally like to hook Oboro up with a killer lance, and between the high crit rate and the high proc rate of rend heaven she’s basically always getting ORKOs.

Arthur is terrible for anything other than pair up fodder, and for access to one of the greatest child units in the game. Since you’re not recruiting children, I wouldn’t bother.

Charlotte is great pair up fodder, bringing extremely strong pair up bonuses to the table. As an actual unit she requires a lot of investment to be worth anything, but if you choose to invest in Charlotte then she’s going to bring one shot kills to the table like nobody’s business. Make her a berserker, hook her up with a bunch of skill books, and give her a killer axe and she’ll be hitting 50-60 crit rate against male units and 70-80 against female units. Her hit rates will still be pretty shaky, but if you desperately need to kill something in one hit, Charlotte is your best bet. Her speed is much better than Arthurs as well so you won’t have to worry about her getting doubled as much. The real problem with Charlotte is that you recruit her at a pretty awkward time later in the game, which makes using her when she’s first recruited awkward. Of course, this still leaves her as extremely viable pair up fodder. Pair her up with Xander and watch him wreck face as he never worries about his crappy speed stat again.

I don’t really think Setsuna is that great. Basically no reason to use her when Takumi is on your team.

All the ninja units are at least “pretty good” just because ninjas are incredibly good units, but Kaze is pretty notable for having an absolutely insane speed stat. He will basically double everything, is extremely unlikely to miss, and has a pretty good chance to dodge most things. I basically use Kaze every playthrough, so strongly recommending you use him here.

Saizo is the most lame duck of the ninja units, and doesn’t really bring anything exceptional other than the strengths of the ninja class as a whole.

Kagero is also pretty good, since she brings the highest strength growth of any of the ninjas to the table. She’s surprisingly slow but still fast enough to double most things, and her skill isn’t exactly fantastic but her hitrates will be stable. She also packs a pretty good defense stat for a ninja, although she’ll still be pretty squishy. I’m a little iffy on using Kagero, but I use her more often than not.

Odin is terrible as a mage and his stat growths are way too spread out. He’s better as a samurai, but even then the only real reason you should be using him is for his child unit. Wouldn’t take him with you. Shout out to those pair up bonuses though. Odin also has a TERRIBLE recruit time in Revelations - showing up at about the midway point at an insanely low level.

Nyx is basically Charlotte - Mage Edition, except she’s a lot more squishy in exchange for getting some range. Her hit rates are INCREDIBLY bad due to her horrible skill growth, which also means she won’t be hitting proc skills very often and it negatively impacts her crit rates. That being said, her mag stat is insane and she’ll double nearly everything, and if you want to use her then you can just pile a bunch of skill books on her face to correct her problems. She’s your best source of magic-oriented ORKOs, provided she…actually hits whatever you’re trying to kill. If you have to use a tome user, she’s still better than Odin just because she brings spooky damage to the table.

If you’re a male MU then sticking with Felicia is a pretty solid idea - she’s there early and will still be useful lategame as a healbot. Her mag stat is a lot better than Jacobs so she gets more potent heals and, probably more importantly, will still be able to ORKO things lategame with a flame shuriken/explosive shuriken/whatever you wanna call it. Her squishiness is rather unfortunate, but just be a little careful with her and she’s basically useful all game.

I would use Jacob only if you’re a female MU, and even then his mid-lategame falloff is pretty drastic. He basically ends up as a worse-than-felicia healbot if you keep him in the butler tree, and without the benefit of insane flame shuriken damage. He’s more durable, which is a plus, but that’s not really worth the other disadvantages IMO.

Flora is awkward recruitment time - the unit, so I literally never used her. She’s pretty redundant with both Jacob and Felicia.

Elise doesn’t really have an optimal recruit time in Revelations, but she’s still the best healbot in the game with investment. I pretty much use her every playthrough as a result of how adorable she is, but she’s still a pretty great unit and she doesn’t steal xp from anybody since her main source of leveling will just be heals.

1 Like

Considering that Kaze and Saizo are supposed to be the Red Knight Green Knight duo of Fates, it’s surprising that Kagero has higher strength in the end than Saizo.

Yup, believe it or not Saizo’s main “claim-to-fame” stat over the other ninjas is actually skill, which is rendered a little moot by the already high accuracy of shurikens and the fact that lethality will not reliably proc anyway. This DOES make him the best candidate of the starting ninjas for crit-fishing, but he’s not so great at it that it makes him worth using imo.

His other stat spreads are ridiculously even, except for a pitiful resistance growth. This gives him a bit of the Odin problem where he doesn’t have enough points in the stats that really matter, and he isn’t in a good “multirole” class like spear fighter or mercenary that would benefit strongly from such versatile stat growths.

Ah, I remember the days where lethatlity was proced by crit/2, and not skill/4. There you could make assassins useful by giving them a ton of Killing Edges and Wo Daos.
Forget those, only Myrmidons and Swordmasters could carry them…

I will absolutely 100% recommend reclassing Mozu to Archer and to NOT USE SETSUNA. Mozu is practically better than Takumi and Setsuna sans the Fujin Yumi.

Also I have bias with Hinata over Hana because he’s always turned out well for me and durability > dodge tanking always. Also Hana’s supports with everyone is yuck, I like Hinata’s personality way better.

Also Elise is still the best healer in the game, her recruitment time might be iffy but like, she’s healing so.

2 Likes

So I finished my Revelations run, and, oh my, Mozu was indeed better than Takumi. Higher strength and speed and therefore the better offensive one of the two. I think Takumi’s defensive stats were better. And my Xander got defense-screwed compared to Conquest-Xander. only 24 def without bonus at 20/20. My Conquest Xander had at least 32 without bonus.

Now I’d like to ask those of you that finished all three routes what some of your favorite chapters were. Of course it should go without saying that spoilers should be used.

(Spoilers for FE Fates: Conquest, Birthrights and Revelations) So for me, one of my favorites was chapter 20 Conquest, the one in the Wind Tribe Village. It was really fun thinking around with the wind each turn, using it to either ambush a group of enemies the next turn or use a dragon’s vein on my turn to get enemies toward me and everything in between.
Another one I liked a lot was Revelation chapter 19 (I think). The one where you can get clones of your whole party. It’s basically the same as Conquest chapter 15, only this time you have Avatar plus seven units and not Avater plus Azura plus Gunter. That makes it way more interesting.
Now if I’m saying that here are also Birthright spoilers, I should mention a chapter from that route, but truth be told, there is no chapter that left a big impression on me, so I’ll leave that to someone else. Okay, that’s not entirely true, the chapter with Xander left an impression on me story-wise.

For some reason I don’t really have any favorite levels in particular. 20 of Conquest is cool since it’s unique in a not especially frustrating way though.

I can say for sure that Revelations quite literally has all of my least favorite levels (and 10 of Conquest because of how annoying it is), especially the ones towards the start that tend to be boring yet long slogs.

Since I last posted in this thread in February, my Fire Emblem experience has significantly increased. I read a Let’s Play of FE1, played FE2, read the script of FE3, Played FE6 and FE7, replayed FE9, FE10, and FE11, played FE12, replayed FE13, and played FE14 (Conquest and part of Birthrights). I bought FE8 about a month ago and I’ve been dying to play it but haven’t had the time. After FE8 I’ll probably play FE4 and FE5. I don’t know if I’ll ever play Revelations. Of all the games, FE9 and FE12 are my favorite.
I disappeared from Kazamatsuri to run a blog on Tumblr focusing on Fire Emblem, and my life has basically revolved around it for the past few months.
It particularly revolves around Marth :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone else heard they’re going to be making an FE mobile game?

EDIT:
I’m gonna remake my list of favorite characters

~FE1/11~
Male: Marth, Merric, Camus, Xane, Wolf
Female: Shiida, Nyna, Minerva, Elice, Linde
~FE2~ (the units in this game didn’t have much of an impact on me)
Male: Zeke, Alm
Female: Celica
~FE3/11~ (characters exclusive to the sequel)
Male: Chris (I used default male my unit), Ellerean
Female: Katarina, Mallesia
~FE6~
Male: Roy, Rutger, Lance, Noah, Elphin
Female: Fir, Sue, Lilina, Clarine, Cath
~FE7~
Male: ELIWOOD, Hector, Sain, Guy, Jaffar
Female: Ninian, Lyndis, Florina, Rebecca, Serra
~FE9~ (I love them all, really…)
Male: Rhys, Reyson, Ranulf, Ike, Soren
Female: Titania, Mist, Mia, Leanne, Sanaki
~FE10~
Male: Pelleas, Volug, Kyza
Female: Micaiah, Nailah, Lyre, Heather
~FE13~
Male: Inigo, Stahl, Gaius, Henry, Chrom
Female: Olivia, F!Robin, Cordelia, Tharja, Lucina
~FE14~
Male: Xander (my fave of all characters from Fates), Subaki, Kaze, Shigure, Laslow
Female: Sakura, Azura, Soleil, Caeldori, Hana
And most importantly, Marth amiibo :slight_smile:

Come on, Hector gotta be the one in Caps, fite me!
But yeah, you have good taste in your characters. From FE7 I also like Matthew a good bit. And Pent from a gameplay standpoint. Also Farina is another amazing character, though I don’t know if you’ve played Hector mode yet.

I am weak for kind-hearted gentlemen ( ´∀`)
But Hector really is great, the game wouldn’t be the same without him and he’s a great unit too.
I love Matthew but I was just limiting my lists to 5 in order to prevent me from listing the entire cast of Path of Radiance :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve played part of Hector mode but I’m not far enough to have recruited Farina yet.

You might want to look up some of the requirements for the Gaiden chapters, as some of these are pretty bullshit and Guide Dangit. Because there’s a good amount of plot hidden in them. Of course, if you’ve got enough time and enthusiasm to play through the game twice, you can look up after playing through, if you’re afraid of spoilers or just don’t want to look at guides your first time through.

And that’s a good limit, otherwise I myself would probably put half the cast on the list for some of the games.

1 Like

I’ll be using guides, partially because I don’t trust myself to be able to play through the game twice before getting distracted by something else, and also because I don’t mind spoilers.

Yeah, some FE games have amazing casts and others are just okay for me. Specifically the Nohr units in FE14, I wasn’t too fond of the majority of them even after playing through it more than once.
FE11, too, just doesn’t develop most of the characters very well.