Charlotte - General Discussion

Well I think there are two parts to this really:

1. Yes, I guarantee what you’re describing is part of it for lots of people here, including myself. Most of us already know that this show is heading towards something amazing around episode 6. So having to wait week after week for that, only getting episodes that seem like theyre just for fun in between, thats whats kinda frustrating me at least.

Of course we didnt have to wait a week after every episode, the fact that some are lower quality than others, or that some are almost seemingly just filler, wouldnt bother us as much. And if we didnt know that something else was coming (even if we just suspected it from it being a Key work), the fact that we arent getting too much toward that something else atm wouldnt be so bad.

1. I think the other part is, this is a community made up entirely of dedicated Key fans. And often times, the greatest fans of a creator are also its biggest criticizers. We all have our own personal high standards for what a Key work should do to match up to the rest of them. And if Charlotte isnt doing that atm, then even if its still a good show, lots of us are still going to criticize it, often much more heavily than it might really deserve.
1 Like

“Negative outlook” is probably the wrong way to say it. I think most people here have a positive outlook on how Charlotte ends up being. But precisely because I expect it to ‘get better’ is why I’m not particularly positive on the current episodes.

1 Like

That’s probably true too. I think he’s only watched Clannad and Angel Beats!, not sure if he knows they’re all by the same company.

I meant negative outlook on the current episodes. That was poor wording on my part though.

I think it’s just a subject-by-subject thing. All of the people I know who were watching Charlotte and don’t know about Key have dropped it.
I’m also really quick to get bored of a show. I can drop a show within the seconds it takes to go from one episode to another. Some people will have longer sustained interest in anime.

I suppose. It would be interesting to see how non-Key fans feel about the series though. I only have one guy who watches anime that isn’t a Key fan so I can’t get a very big pool to try.

Now wouldn’t it be interesting if Charlotte addressed everyone’s complaints with character development by doing the unexpected - having Yuu regress back to a selfish bastard? Maybe after finally growing close together, some tragedy pulls the group apart, and Yuu becomes distanced from the others, going back to his old ways. Maybe Tomori would lose her trust in other people and just block everyone out. If we saw some regression like that, it would give some more purpose to everything we’ve seen so far, and allow for some very interesting development.

Just a random shower thought.

EDIT: Also, one thing I’m really liking with this series so far is how it’s handling the musical incorporation. When I heard the series had two bands, I was immediately worried, but unlike Angel Beats!, the music has played a very background role in the story, and never gotten in the way of what’s happening on screen. I know it’s an easy way of making money, but I’m not complaining. Any excuse will do for some cool music by ZHIEND!

It’ll be interesting to finally see ZHIEND take centre stage in the next episode. Hopefully this is where things start getting interesting.

4 Likes

well, from the preview we kinda see Nao getting “attacked” by a female student, which I’d guess is Misa, since I dont really see any of the other girls currently shown do something like this. In case it is Misa, it would mean, that something enraged her, which probably has negative aspects on the group. Just my speculations about some stuff from the preview.

I moved 8 posts to an existing topic: Charlotte - Yuu Otosaka Character Discussion

(Little Busters) Wouldn’t that basically be Little Busters where Kyousuke’s plan with Rin at the other school fails, all the heroines disappear and Kengo, Rin and Masato are how they were before Kyousuke saved them? I might have misunderstood you though.
If that is what you meant I wouldn’t mind that happening as long as it is different.I don’t want Key using the same plot device a second time.

That’s not unexpected. It was the first idea that came to mind after the first episode. He’s gonna split from the group, return to being a jerk, and then slowly progress. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it either on the forums or on Twitter…

It’ll be nice to have some good music in the show finally.

Hell is other people.
Yuu = Hell?

That’s why I was post about 2 groups in a recent post. I’ve saw that image and couldn’t help but notice that they are not the MCs.

At first glance I thought the one in the middle might be Sala, since both have a cane. But Sala has long hair, and the person in the middle appears to have short. So yeah, probably:

Bonus for first BD:

1 Like

G’s scans this month.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

4 Likes

Wait what’s up with that last page? There’s Yuu, Joujirou, Ayumi, Misa, Nao, Yusa, some mysterious blonde girl and… a mystery person? Who are those last two? Why do they both have that star thingy underneath them? Why does the mysterious blonde girl look so similar to Yusa but have a distinct hairband and uniform?

The plot thickens…

1 Like

She has a microphone in her hand so It’s probably just Yusa when she’s performing as an idol.
The last one though… Creamy★Tomori?

1 Like

I’m assuming one is Yusa in idol-mode, and the other is Silhouette-chan 2.

Looks like I’m gonna have to go and get the next G’s Magazine then

The song lists and release dates for the bigger How-Low-Hello and ZHIEND CDs are up on the official website. There are 15 songs for HLH and 12 for ZHIEND. Interesting things to note, HLH also has its own version of ending and opening on it and one of the ZHIEND tracks has a japanese name. Release dates are HLH: September 30 and ZHIEND October 14

1 Like

Ayane Sakura said she was cry when finished Charlotte script, and Uchiyama said he never thought that the story can become so after 6th episode.

5 Likes