After far too long of a wait: Community event #4.5 and #5

Sorry for the extremely long wait guys, I’ve been pretty busy lately. I swear I haven’t been distracted by anything. Not me, no never…

I’m pretty sure most of the older members here know what I do, but there have been a LOT of new people recently, so I’m just going to take some time and explain it for the people that don’t know me. You may notice that I have the “Game Master” title next to my name. No, this isn’t because I play a ton of games or because I’m particularly good at games; I got that title because I host community events here on the forums for fellow Key fans to get together and do something besides just talk about Key. Most of the time this takes place in the form of a “game night” of sorts; you can probably find a few of the older threads if you scroll down far enough. As for why there hasn’t been one for a while, I didn’t want to potentially take members interest away from things like our Shingeki no Kyojin viewing or our Pokemon Tournament which are being hosted by other active members of the community.

After reading all that, you’re probably wondering what we’ll be doing for these two events, so without any further delay, here they are.

Event 4.5: Planetarian Launch Party
As many people by now know, Planetarian, one of Key’s smaller games, is getting an official English translation very soon. This may not seem like much, but this is actually the first time Key has ever officially released an English PC version of ANY of their games, so I thought it deserved a little bit of a… celebration of sorts.

The idea here is to have a Skype call going where people can just chill out and talk about their thoughts on the game, the future of Key, whatever. We might even get to play osu! or something at some point, but that’s not a priority. As for the time, it will probably be going most of the day this Friday the 12th, the same day the game releases. Hopefully this will also create some hype for the Planetarian Book Club coming up.

Event #5: MOBA combat scenario
I’ve been talking about this one for quite a while, but I think its finally time to let it see the light of day. For anyone who doesn’t know, a MOBA or Multiplayer Online Battle Arena is a game in which players select a character (usually from a group that everyone has access to) and proceed to fight against an opposing team in a simulated arena. League of Legends is the one most people have probably heard of. As for what we’ll be playing; right now its a choice between:

Dota 2: a free to play and easy to get into MOBA available through steam. While I personally have almost no experience with Dota, I have heard good things and I’m aware of its growing popularity as of recent, so it may be a good choice.

League of Legends: as I mentioned above, League of Legends or LoL is probably the most popular MOBA out there and is a game that I play on a very frequent basis. We even have a thread here about the game for anyone who plays it. While I would like for us to try new things rather than play a game that many people here already play, I’m still throwing this up as an option in case people REALLY don’t want to play other MOBAs.

SMITE: Unlike many other MOBAs, SMITE lets players control gods from most of the well known mythologies of the world. The list has a long way to go before it includes everything, but I think the concept of it is pretty cool. SMITE is also free to play, but may take a little more getting used to than Dota.

Regardless of which game we decide to play, the event will take place on September 20th at 3:00 GMT.
If you need any help figuring out what time this is for you, or have any questions/comments about the games we might be playing, feel free to voice them below.

I look forward to playing with you guys and (hopefully) meeting some of those new members.

2 Likes

We’re going to need to start a new Skype channel since Kazamatsuri’s main channel has too many people to start a voice call in.

Or use something like TeamSpeak.

I’ll pass on the MOBA, but I’m up for the launch party! Although it’d be practically midnight for me at that time, so I hope I can stay awake :smiley:

4am here, but I kinda need to be awake for it anyway, so I guess it’s gonna be a late night for me, ahaha.

Also, I have no interest in MOBAs. Sorry guys~

1 Like

I should have a new computer by then, so I’ll be up for playing any of those MOBAs! I’ve played LoL once and Dota 2 a fair few times, so I know the basics in the games. I don’t know if I’ll be busy or not, since I’m starting university very soon.

I’ll see if I can make it for the Skype call, but I’ll probably pass on the MOBA. Last call we had (Planetarian audition) was a lot of fun, so I look forward to getting to chat with you all again~

It seems a lot of people are opting to skip out on the MOBA game. While I know that it’s a fairly small genre as far as popularity goes, I had hoped for it to at least a little more popular than this… I can understand if you just have no interest in any of the games, but I mean for the games to be the less important part of these events. Think of it as “hanging out with Key fans” while playing a MOBA instead of “Playing a MOBA” with Key fans. Regardless, I have something that I personally think is a really cool idea planned for the next event, so you can look forward to that whether you join for this one or not.

Also, I’m aware that our skype group is too large for calls at the moment. My first plan was to have a separate call for hanging out since a lot of people won’t want to be in both. If the number of people joining becomes a problem, we will move to another group calling software that can accommodate for more people, so you don’t need to worry. I’ll have the backup set up before the event takes place if I think there’s a chance we’ll need it.

I’d like to participate in both. I’m fine with either SMITE or League of Legends. I dunno if I’ll have time thou, I mean, I don’t know when this’ll be :slight_smile:

I think SMITE is really fun, but everything in it is particles, and my computer can’t really do those. SMITE looks like a Third-Person Thomas was Alone on my computer.
My computer can barely run LoL as well. Lag spikes happen randomly (usually during teamfights though.)

Good computer stuff is expensive ;A;

Gotta work all around the release. Probably won’t make that call. ;_;

It says in the post. its even in bold. I usually say when it will be a few weeks beforehand so people can make time for it.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:10, topic:551”]
My computer can barely run LoL as well
[/quote]my old laptop took about 5-10 minutes just to load SR and i could barely get 30fps on a good day. I still managed to play for quite a while on that before I built this computer though.

the idea is to have the call going for the majority of the day. if you have a few minutes of spare time you can pop in and say hi if you want.

Gotta keep my perfect attendance of your Community events, ahaha~

1 Like

Sensei!
raises hand
I have a suggestion! We should camp out at the official planetarian steam chatroom for the launch party :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s just my way of saying that I suck at planning ahead and remembering my own timezone :slight_smile:

Alright guys, I said that I would have something planned for if the group got too big for skype; and now its all set up. Kazamatsuri.org now has an event Raidcall group!

for anyone who hasn’t used raidcall before, you should just have to go download it from the website, install it, and then the program should ask you to make an account. Ideally it will be the same name as your profile on here so we can tell who is who. Once you have that set up you should just have to paste the group ID below into the search bar and it should bring you right into the group. Even if a mod isn’t there to make you a member you should still be able to talk and type just like you would in skype. But I’ll try to have a mod or two there whenever I can to add people as members.

the Group ID is: 9573696
I hope to see a lot of people on there tomorrow

I would also like to point out that this is FAR from a replacement to our skype group we have, nor did I intend it to be. It’s mostly there for when we need to directly talk to each other, like during these events, and will probably not be very populated during other times.

Calls in the skype group are working, feel free to join!
I suggested using the /golive command which doesn’t create a popup and doesn’t automatically call everyone, therefore there isn’t an immediate reach of the cap when a call is made, thus we can use skype.

1 Like

OK, I’d like to give a HUGE thanks to everyone who showed up at the Planetarian Launch, there were actually more people there than I had anticipated and it went extremely well. It also seemed like a lot of people wanted something similar for the upcoming Clannad release; so I’ll be sure to plan something out for that when it comes up.

As of right now, the plan for our MOBA game is just going to be a few simple bot and/or custom matches on League of Legends. I just don’t see enough interest to warrant doing any of the other games. We’ll be playing on the NA server since (if I’m seeing things correctly) that’s where most of our players already are. I apologize to anyone who plays on a different server that will have to make a new account; someone would have been forced into it anyways, there was no other way.

The schedule is the same however; I look forward to playing with you guys in a week!

Sure, I might even have an OLD account on it, might

I’m kinda late to notice this topic. Similarly to the previous event, unfortunately, I’ll be unable to attend since I’ll be gone from 19. to 21. September