Not another Community Event: Pokémon Tournament

Eh, it was gonna happen eventually.

IT’S POKÉMON TIME.

Rules I’m looking it as keep it easy and go with Gamefreak’s: No cover legends, Event Pokémon, Mewtwo, or Soul Dew.
Also I’m going to throw in Sleep Clause(Only one Pokémon on each team may be slept at a time) because sleep is complete bullshit.

So do we use cartridges or simulators? I say both. If both you and your opponent have got the shit on Cart, go for it, it’s more fun that way. Otherwise, Pokémon Showdown is very quick and easy to use, perfect for more casual players to make a viable team.

MEANWHILE, do we do single elimination or something more fancy where everyone fights everyone and a scoring system is in place? I’d leave that one up to the numbers we get really, more decidable closer to the time.

Last off Imma suggest 6v6, all 6 Pokémon are the same for the entire tournament and are stated in the thread as it starts, no changing.

Soooo…

6v6 Single Battles. Best of 3?

Cartridge or Pokémon Showdown as the method of battle, to be decided by the competitors of each match.

Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Egg, Soul Dew are disallowed.
Sleep Clause is in effect.

Tournament style to be decided.

Go ahead with complaints and suggestions. Gonna give at least a week for sign ups.

Competitors:

1. Kanon
  2. LinkThinks
  3. Takafumi
  4. Nin
1 Like

Sure, sure. Count me in.

6v6 best of 3 sounds good.

I’m awful at this stuff, but I’ll join in.
One question though, will accuracy-effecting moves be allowed?

Eeeeeeeh, really not sure whether to let those in or not.

HEY JERKS JOIN THE THING.

JOINING THE THING

Gen VI, right? Totally out of touch with this metagame.

I reset my Pokemon Y a week before this was announced. No hope ;~;

Man we got Showdown, you can pop up a team on that in five minutes.

I’ll pass on this one. I’m really a more casual player more than anything and I tried showdown and the interface kind of confuses me ^^;

I’m casual, type match-ups confuse me a lot, but I think the UI is pretty simple. It’s pretty much the Pokemon battle interface~

Oh man it’s easy, here have a guide

First you go to the site and hit Play Online as circled here.

Once that’s done, go to the top right and hit ‘Choose Name’, not featured here because I’m already logged in, but make a name, and maybe a password, it’s simple as that. Then hit the ‘Teambuilder’ Circled in Green.

You won’t have a shitload of teams like I do, just hit the ‘New Team’ circled in red which will be there.

Ignore everything but the ‘Add Pokémon’ circled in red, hit it.

Enter the name of whatever Pokémon you want to build here.

And then click the various boxes in the top rectangle to go to each section of the Pokémon, filling in the names of things you want or clicking the options provided below to finish them up, the hardest part for a casual player would be the EV’s, but Showdown offers a recommended set circled in red, if you put in enough moves. Don’t like that set? Then use the green circled circles and slide them along, generally you want to max the two most important stats.
Once that’s done, hit the plus circled in blue to start the second Pokémon, repeat this until the whole team is made.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll try experimenting when I have the free time :smile: Thanks!

I’d be in for Pokemon.