Who's experiencing Little Busters for the first time with this Bookclub?

Because I’ve lost track of all the first time readers, please post here so I know who you are!

In addition, I’d love to hear you share your expectations for the series. It would be really cool to look at what you expect and compare to how it turns out.

6 Likes

Newbie here. Pretty high expectations thanks to all the hyping done on this site, also the SoL was advertised to me as being comparable to Higurashi’s club activities, so that’s a pretty high bar to reach.

3 Likes

Hooray I was hoping for a topic like this! @SSparks31 speaking of your friend, the LB anime actually helped me a ton when I watched it while I was going through a difficult life experience. So I’ve seen the anime but have no experience with the VN; From what I’ve heard though, the VN is leagues better than the anime, and I thought the anime was awesome, so I have high expectations for it. (Especially since I’m reading Clannad for the first time, and finding that all the best parts of the anime are even better in the VN).

3 Likes

I’ll be a first timer with LB! I didn’t have high expectations for Clannad, but it really surprised me - so now I hope my expectations aren’t too high for LB! I expect to seriously suck at the minigames :worry:

3 Likes

I think it’s amazing that something like mini games exist in a VN, that’s something I wasn’t expecting when I started looking into the genre. (Apparently there’s some sort of RPG in the Tomoyo After VN too).

1 Like

I am totally new to Little Busters in every way. I expect it to be a typical Key novel: a beautiful, heartwrenching story that will significantly affect my life for the better. It and Kud Wafter are the last roads of Key I have to walk, and I pray I’ve saved the best for last.

3 Likes

There is indeed “Dungeons and Takefumis”- and I was terrible at it!

2 Likes

I’ll have to give it a shot when I eventually get to the VN, at the very least the name makes it sound amazing.

2 Likes

First time here—haven’t read, haven’t watched.

3 Likes

oh no

3 Likes

Definitely not my first time reading Little Busters!
I think this time around, I’ll advance slowly and have the Japanese and English text on top of each other. Heck, maybe I’ll do only Japanese at easier sections.
I’ll use this game as an opportunity to develop my reading skills, as well as re-reading the story I’ve come to love.

There’s also Harvest Festa, right? I still need to read Planetarium and Summer Pockets.

Why? I’m certain the story is good (probably not as good as LB! though). Too bad it’s gonna be spoiled by the upcoming OVA before an English release happens (I hope it happens!)

1 Like

Mr. Alpha would like a word

1 Like

He didn’t have anything nice to say about Cradles Tale either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

For sure! The Little Busters’ activities and the club activities in Higurashi definitely have that same high-energy vibe. It’s something that made me enjoy the common route a whole lot. Goofy kids just being goofy kids.

1 Like

I’ve seen the anime, but I’ve read none of the VN. The LB anime is one of my top 3 favorite anime and I’ve heard the VN is even better. In fact the reason I found out about Kazamasuri was because I was looking for info about the Eglish release of LB! I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it!

1 Like

This will be my first time. I’m trying to keep my expectations level, but I’ve seen a lot of hype for this since I showed up to Kazoku.

1 Like

I’m as new as can be, I know next to nothing about Little Busters except what I’ve read in this thread

There are mini games!? Hehehe I will not lose… for the sake of the club… no matter what it is I won’t lose! :push: glasses glint

1 Like

It’s also my first time here. Although I have completed Key’s VN on PC, I rarely play VN key. The last I played was Little Busters Ex in Kud’s route. I will playing it again but I sad because I must leave the VN that I read (TOT)

It was a edgy game (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

2 Likes

Wait. You said it’s your first time, but you’ve read Kud route?

Ah I mean it was my first time, I started when kazamatsuri open LB podcast. Then stopped on Kud-chan