Topic Proposals

Oh yeah of course we can’t know this. My comment on that was hardly meaningful since it was just the obvious more fans = more discussion, and I don’t know at what point the amount of discussion is considered “enough” to deserve a topic. I’m neutral on it either way.

Kancolle, League of Legends…
There should be a YuGiOh thread too~ :3

Well, what’s the worst that could happen? The worst case scenario would be the thread falling into obscurity from lack of posts.

Exactly. @sillylittlemelody, as long as 1) Its not gonna turn into a shit posting thread, and 2) It will generate some kind of real discussion, pretty much anything is alright. I think you’re fine to make one. Like Upp said, the worst that could happen is it dies.

1 Like

Ah no I agree with that; I just wasn’t sure if he needed more confirmation from like Aspi or someone about it, but sounds like I was just being overly cautious ^^

Should we have a Key Romance topic?

Not to discuss pairings, but “romance” itself in Key works. Which ones you thought were better executed and why, your favorite moments, etc.

4 Likes

I’m a big romance nut, so I actually support this topic. Key has a pretty hit-or-miss thing with romance, so I have a lot of issues I can discuss xP

1 Like

You have my support!

1 Like

Aye. And my axe.

2 Likes

I think we should have an off-topic topic. When things get too much off-topic, and you don’t want to be flagged…

IRC & Skype chat. Next.

Can we have a topic about how Kanon is wrong

2 Likes

Isn’t that all of them?

3 Likes

But those are instantaneous conversations (not full developed discussions), and don’t you think it’s too artificial to just go and say “Let’s talk about this in IRC or Skype?”

I’ve had discussions on both Skype and IRC, and they were fine. I think I understand if you mean that it’s message after message, and not posts that you can spend minutes to hours on. Me and @Naoki_Saten have used PMs for a discussion, and I’m sure others have as well. PMs use the same format as forum posts, and you can invite people to join in.

If people have an off-topic discussion start to appear in their posts, it’s the responsibility of those involved to either end it or continue in a more suitable place. An off topic section is not a suitable place to create in my opinion; it intrudes upon the front page of the forum, a place that is Kazamatsuri, Key, and community-interest exclusive.

3 Likes

PMs are something too intimate, and the isn’t the purpose of the discussions to convince the readers? If you just go to the PMs, just you and the other person will see it.

Think of Kaza as our daily lives. We have school, work, family, etc. Almost every place we go is full of people. But then, imagine an empty room with just you and the other person, no one else. This is PM. You two are face-to-face and there’s a pretty tense and heavy atmosphere. This usually just happens in three situations:

1.Something really bad happened
2.You did something really wrong
3.Couple stuff

Can you feel the intimacy?

There are topics interesting to discuss that usually are born from one of our topics. The problem isn’t that the community isn’t interested, just that aside from that case, there won’t be probably anything left to discuss.

Given that most of the off-topic discussions that happen here worth continuing are born between a small group of people arguing, I don’t see the problem with that. Just say you’ll take the discussion to a PM and that you’ll invite people who are interested. Removes clutter for the people that don’t care and allows those who do to continue their discussion.

Er, no? I can’t feel it. It’s still behind the massive anonymous wall of the internet and it’s just a small discussion. Not to mention that if you’re continuing a topic (which is what we’re talking about here) then you already have something to work off of so there’s not really any reason for getting locked up and being unable to write things. The only thing that’d make it awkward is if you approach it with a negative mindset.

Also, you know where else you may have intimate, one-on-one discussions? With your friends, with your family, and with people you just like or know in general. I’m pretty sure making eye contact when having a discussion is pretty common, and you can’t say that you’ve never had relaxed discussions or debates with people. Nothing wrong with getting to know somebody a bit better, even if it’s through debate.

Not sure why you highlighted Kazamatsuri and Key there, but generally if there’s really enough community interest around a topic people will express that. As I said above, most of these discussions are born from a few people arguing, and can that really be called a community interest?

Regardless of all this, no, we’re not getting an off-topic discussion. And that’s pretty much that.

2 Likes

I’d say the purpose of a discussion is to bring to light other views. You aren’t gonna make someone change an opinion they actually care about over a forum post on the internet. When I discuss something, it’s for my own benefit, so having little viewership is fine. I… don’t know if Kazamatsuri is the place you want to go for big public non-Key related discussions.

I don’t x.x

The one who creates the atmosphere is yourself. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tense or heavy atmosphere on the Kazamatsuri site. I also don’t think PMs are any different to a public post. As I said before, you can invite groups of people to PMs anyway.

There is no reason for either of those three situations to reach PMs unless you break a rule, and there certainly wouldn’t be a place for them in the Kazamatsuri forums.
Maybe you just feel pressured or something?

Agreed~ If, for example, a really long discussion about Umineko featuring multiple members took up the general VN discussion or a lot of the Skype chat, a topic would be created because there’s clearly hours of content to be born from people’s interest in it. We had similar things happen for Nintendo, FF14, that one VN writer guy who is doing Punchline, and so on.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

I would like to propose something like “Key characters you’d love to have as…”, example, “Key character’s you’d love to have as father / mother / girlfriend / boyfriend / pet / classmate / etc” It’s something like poll, like this. But I don’t want to make it a poll, because I don’t want to make it limited to title/age/gender/species. Basically, anyone can say any name of Key characters, and tell the reason why. Eg, you can say that you’d like to have Riki or crossdressing Riki as your girlfriend because why not?

1 Like