Topic Proposals

The thing that got me thinking was that a lot of VNs today generally are a hybrid of urban and rustic cultures. They might take a trip to a lake, or a shrine, but then go back into town. So it does not matter were you are, I’m sure that there is something worth taking a picture of.

2 Likes

I’m not in Scotland. I just LOVE Scotland and all its landscapes (my favorite is Loch Lomond; I love the song too).

This is Scotland:

This is how I feel about Scotland:

3 Likes

If I had a camera, I’d be taking photos of the town I grew up in.
It’s built on two cliffs, the east cliff, medieval, the west, modern housing and tourist attractions. In the middle are shopping districts, the rail station, docks and a bridge linking the two cliffs together.
Since the town started on the east cliff, and they had to build down to the bottom, all the old stuff in the middle is at almost-sea-level. What most don’t know is that there was an old train track built during the expansion to the west, which was later abandoned.
Now underneath the town is a forest with a messy path where the track used to be. Didn’t even know until I randomly ended up there after deciding to walk into some foresty area outside of town and see where it’d go.

1 Like

That’s one thing I want to address. I don’t want people to go out and get a fancy camera. Anything would work, even a 2006 camera phone, or a disposable camera. It’s less the quality of the photography, and more the topic that’s important.

The only camera I have is on my 3ds, and that thing is like… 0.3 megapixels.

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in having a seiyuu thread? The idea would be to discuss opinions on seiyuu work. For example, I’m quite liking Takahashi Minami’s voicing as Megumi, even though she’s still a newbie. Proceed to discuss promising talent or dissenting opinion. There’s plenty of room to include Key works, of course, like how I loved Kitamura Eri as Akane in Rewrite.

3 Likes

You’re gonna have to be more specific than that.

If only there was a topic where he could elaborate on his statement in more detail…

So yeah, I’d love to have a seiyuu topic here. I’m paying a lot of attention to voice acting and would totally join the discussion.

I would also support the photography thread, though I wouldn’t be able to contribute that much. I may know most of the places and paths surrounding my ‘village’, but most of those are woods that humans ‘helped’ growing. So it’d be a bit tricky for me to find places that look 100% natural ^^

Fun fact: There isn’t a single place in England that wasn’t formed by people. Probably the same for most places, but I can’t be certain.

1 Like

If you mean like there’s no place in England that didn’t suffer human impact, from the perspective of geography there isn’t a single “untouched” place in the world. But do you mean, like, there is no forest that wasn’t planned and planted by humans? If so, I dunno.

Wow, suffer is a harsh word~

Of course, not every sapling was planted by a person. That’s crazy. These areas were managed. You still have animals making their homes, or weather messing with the scenery, or time chipping away at structures, but those things are encouraged or repaired by human hands. It’s humanity aiding nature in a way that is beneficial to our people.

1 Like

Really? I’ll keep that in mind. It’s just that here we use this word commonly for this kind of thing or any kind of geographic modification of the environment.

I was wondering if we should have a Love Live! thread. But I don’t know how many Love Live! fans are there in kazamatsuri.org

I’m a big fan, but to be honest I don’t think it has enough content to warrant an entire topic.

So, why is there a KanColle topic but no Love Live topic? We could also allow School Idol Festival discussion in the same topic.

KanColle is far more popular and has a much more developed video game that has a lot more to discuss about.

Whoa! Are you sure? If I remember correctly, Love Live! was the most popular anime tag on twitter a few time ago.

There’s a difference between “anime” and “series” as a whole :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say, from my observation, they are of equal popularity, with kancolle edging out in some regards (fanworks, actual game numbers) and love live edging out in other regards (live events, anime)

This is coming from a guy who is in Japan, so I don’t exactly know if the numbers differ worldwide. For one, Love Live actually has an international version for the game.

1 Like

Yeah Love Live is insanely popular and most certainly on par with Kancolle in terms of popularity. It’s also questionable to say it has a more developed game. Mechanics-wise, there is some interesting min-maxing of stats you can do but this is also a game that had a bunch of bugs and shady coding upon release that they only bothered to tidy up after it unexpectedly exploded in popularity.

There is plenty to discuss about both in my opinion, but this is dependent on how many people here are big enough fans. This is of course assuming you’re expanding both beyond the anime, to games, events, manga spinoffs, etc.

1 Like

Yes, I am.

The problem is… How can we know that? Even if we asked everyone who is a Love Live! fan to like one of these posts, it wouldn’t work because we couldn’t be sure if everyone checked this thread.