Topic Proposals

I’ve looked through topics, but couldn’t find one precisely matching the idea I had.

So there’s a bunch of us learning Japanese, and I was wondering if we could do a “Japanese reading bookclub” thread, where we choose a book to read together. As we read, we can post stuff like, “I think X means Y, but not sure” or “Is this XYZ” or “I really loved the sound of such-and-such” and so on. And, of course, things about the novel itself. It’d be different from the normal discussions, since they presumably don’t want us asking, “What does ‘Yorokobe shounen’ mean, and why is Kotomine so legit?”

That would heavily depend on whether we have beginner Japanese readers who both want to read whatever it is and are willing to do it together…

But I think it’d be a lot of fun!

Thoughts/interest?

4 Likes

I also think that’s a pretty good idea! I’m up for it (as long as I have the time) :wink:

Im down, but I gotta finish the ones im in the middle of first :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

よーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーし!

hype^n

Guess we can make the topic? Gotta see how many are interested and then set up stuff, choose a VN, and so on.

I’m personally a huge fan of free trials (being free), but most guys will want to go past the end of the trial, lol. Guess we’ll need to see what VNs chaps can get a hold of.

I’m learning japanese, I think it’s a great idea. Absolutely.

The Chararacter Design thread that @HeliosAlpha suggested is going really well. But I think we could use another topic for art discussion as well!

How about a discussion for CG’s? Because those are nice fullscreen images, there’s a lot to be said about their composition and art. They’re not stuck to the usual limitations that sprite art has.

Nothing stopping you from just making it, but I do wonder how a conversation about CGs would go. I mean, they’re still character focused graphics. Wouldn’t there be a lot of overlap in discussion? I wasn’t under the impression that the character design topic was limited to sprites.

I know I could just make it, but I like doing brainstorming here so I can better understand what I want out of the topic.

There might be some overlap with Character Design, but I think they’re distinct. Character design is about the details of the character and how those communicate their personality and role within the story. This would focus more on a CG’s as a holistic work, using the tools of Art Criticism and Formal Analysis. Given the subject matter, the criticism would mostly be comparisons between artists and old vs new works, as well as discussing the work’s place within the story and what it communicates within that context. Analysis would focus more on the art itself, talking about composition, line, shape, axis, color, and negative space. Also asking questions like “Does the art convey movement?” “Where is the eye drawn in the image?” and “What does the art mean?”

I’m thinking now that it should be broadened to “CG’s and Official Art Discussion,” so we can also include promotional art and stuff in there.

4 Likes

How come we don’t have a Touka, Arata, Esaka, Midou, & Shimako character page ? They’re all great characters. I guess you can say that they can be (respectively, depending on the character) discussed in the Terra topic page, or Chihaya topic page, or Akane topic page, but we have characters like Suginami from LB who (from what I saw in the anime) only appeared in a route, too.

1 Like

Long story short: We don’t have pages for those because nobody has started any discussion on them yet. And the reason why we have a suginami one is that kazamatsuri is secretly a suginami fanclub has a surprisingly high number of suginami fans.

So if you wanna make a topic for those guys, I highly encourage it! At least you can get dibs for being OP on those topics :kurumu:

3 Likes

After that Maeda Jun twitter thing I started to get back into mahjong and stuff. I want to start a topic about mahjong and mahjong anime but I don’t know if people on kaza actually know how to play/are interested. Should I make this topic?

1 Like

Hmm. I’ve just now realized that we don’t have a topic for Hinoue’s Design Office drawings. There are at least 4 pictures I’d love to share.

3 Likes

How about favorite Key anime character trait/powers?

@cjlim2007 I know absolutely nothing about mahjong. Judging by the lack of response… Im guessing most people are the same. If you wanna just make the topic and try to get people into, that sounds fine by me.

@Totoro_Futaki What would be the purpose of that topic? I dont see a need for a topic just to leave a couple pictures in. If you wanna discuss them, I think that would fit within the realms of @therationalpi’s awesome new CG and Official Art topic, unless someone else disagrees?

1 Like

I was originally thinking of putting it there, but then for Hinoue’s art that she puts on her page, only 1/12th of them are Key works. If I remember correctly, there’s 1 Komari picture and 1 Fuko picture. There’s also a Haruka picture from Holy Breaker, but other than that, the rest of the CG’s she did aren’t Key-related.

I think Hinoue’s artworks are as-good-as-Key already (as is Holy Breaker) so if you have some elightening discussion, you could post it there, and if it grows even further, then we can think about making a new topic :wink:

1 Like

I have not been able to find a Topic about the animals of Key. Like an appreciation thread.

I mean what would the shows be without Potato

or Piro

3 Likes

You’re missing the bigger ones
Like Kotori’s pet
And Sora from Air
And the Cat that Misae has from CLANNAD

But yes, we need a topic for those beautiful creatures of the unknown abyss :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Use the search function please! That goes for everyone.

And guys, you really dont have to ask here first unless you are really unsure whether your topic fits the community’s standards and guidelines. Otherwise, please just go ahead and make the topic.

2 Likes

…I wonder if there can be a topic on the character leitmotif soundtracks. I thought it might just simply fall on the KSL Music discussion, but I personally thought that it might be a good idea to have a topic focused on music that are associated with the characters? (or maybe debate on whether or not Sanka is actually Sakuya’s theme?)

On another hand, what do you think of a “possible dub names topic,” as in “If Key anime dubs/VN translations actually named the characters different from the original, what would it be?” kind of topic? This was just inspired by a Love Live post I saw circulating around the net recently. XD