The real-world basis of Key's settings

It would definitely be possible, with all the real world basis. I think it would turn out more to be a build of the real town rather than the things from AIR though.

I did some poking around on Google Maps. using Street View, and found a couple of locations for Little Busters:

Town square

River

Also, 聖地 is a good word to know if you’re searching for real life locations.

5 Likes

Heeeey it’s close enough that I can visit :smiley: I should go there some time. It’s June so it’s the perfect time to relive Little Busters days!

2 Likes

@Bonecuss: Charlotte school added to map

@21hunter: Kud Wafter shopping station added to map

@Rincchi: Little Busters! river added to map

3 Likes

Locations of Air, Kunitachi, Tokyo

Bus bays of Kunitachi Station

Liquor / rice store no longer operated

Flower and garden shop

Front of photo shop, signboard was lost

Bus stop, a building was just making and now use temporally stop area.

Kirishima Clinic

Yaho Tenmangu Shrine

caps

3 Likes

Even though I haven’t watched/read Air, I’m still deeply impressed by what I have seen so far.

This makes me wonder if there’s any place at all which inspired the city of Kazamatsuri, or just any other location of Rewrite.

1 Like

Real life locations in Little Busters! are so hard to find! @Puvleek Rewrite locations are scattered all over japan! Heres a list of locations: http://www11.atwiki.jp/key_rewrite/pages/29.html

3 Likes

Wow, those are really amazing. Even though some of those links are already outdated (errors 403 and 404), the thing which I wanted to see the most which is the Gaia building, which appears in later routes. Apparently its real name is ARCOS Fukuoka. Out of all possible things, I think it was the most unexpected and unbelievable one.

Thanks for posting that link!

1 Like

OK, kudos to this fan… it is a very enjoyable CLANNAD and After Story locations video.
Very well edited.

(Heavy CLANNAD SPOILERS!)

2 Likes

Gah, it’s so frustrating to find out there was Little Busters scenery right under my nose in Azabu-Juuban, when I was busy checking out Sailor Moon locations there…

It’s still a huge dream of mine to visit Kasumi, but logistically it’s just a huge pain to get all the way out there without any other reason than Air sightseeing.

1 Like

While I’ve already enjoyed the photos long time ago, I’ve just saw the video. Well done! and thanks for sharing. The Air is different in my studio… feels like a countryside…

1 Like

That’s great! I honestly make videos for these kinds of comments (^_^) thanks.

1 Like

Found a video of the real life locations of Charlotte :smile:

Also would like to share a seichi junrei video done by a Chinese Key fan, who traveled all the way to Japan, hiked up Mt Sarakura, just to capture the star trails from the observatory, like in the anime ED.
Really admire their dedication!

Here is the end result:

Here is a screenshot from Charlotte ED for comparison:

Would really love to do something like this someday :blush:

9 Likes

I wanna do that too, but it’s all the way in Kyushu D:

1 Like

So I went to the real-world basis of the CLANNAD anime last month together with @Glenn_Irish and @RyuuTamotsu and I planned to make this little montage video. I’m a novice when it comes to video editing, but I guess I was inspired by what @Kami_chan made for AIR a while back. So hey, I hope you guys enjoy it, and you can consider it my penultimate contribution for the CLANNAD bookclub

6 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! When did you guys go? Is it far from Tokyo?

It took about an hour from shinjuku station but It’s still in Tokyo
We went at the beginning of February.

2 Likes

It was pretty fun because the restaurant we went to around the area had a CLANNAD tapestry (which shows that the residents are well aware of the anime fans that come to visit), and I even asked the owner there what other spots would be good to visit for CLANNAD. She did say the best time was in spring, during cherry blossom season, but oh well :yahaha:

Sounds like it was fun! I might have to visit next time I’m there.

New signboards at Kasumi, Hyogo. (Michiru, Kanna and Yukito)

5 Likes