Siglus Hacking

Finally, all my copies of Angel Beats arrived!

The key that I originally had (0x5F,0x07,0x8A,0x2A,0x66,0xA7,0x11,0xA6,0x84,0x6D,0x9D,0x46,0x9F,0x7A,0xB9,0x7E) is the correct key for the retail version - at least with the sofmap one that I’ve opened up (haven’t opened up the ones that I got from Getchu and Melon books, but I’m willing to bet that there’s no differences and that they all should have the same key). @Hakuryuu, I don’t know where Kelebek got his key from, but after he posted his message I took him on his word and swapped out my original key with his. I’ve since then reupdated the link to the tools with my original key so if you go back to the link and download the tools again it should work.

4 Likes

the key is the correct for the full version of the AngelBeats 1st correct?
this is the used in the https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58805276/AngelBeats-1stBeat-Tools.rar
? or this tool is tested?

Yep, that should be the right key (I’ve tested this against my own purchased copies of the game). It’s also used in the tools that you linked too so they’re good.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

@tanuki

i tried extract here, but the tool crash…
see the print:

can you help-me?
–edit
i change the key to
0x5D,0x2C,0x99,0x2C,0x62,0x94,0x38,0xD5,0x8C,0x79,0x9E,0x3C,0xA0,0x1A,0xDB,0x0B
and now… work
-edit 2
i try recompress files but show this error

if i ignore, the scene is maked, but the angel beats crash

I assume that you are using a copy of AngelBeats floating around on the web and not an actual purchased copy? Those “copies” have been tampered with to circumvent the copy protection. I can only support what works with retail boxed copies of the game as that’s what I have.

the game run normally…
the game request the disc (i mounted a iso) and game start
if i repack the tool show the erro msg ( http://prntscr.com/7sg4ia) and after show this on start the game http://prntscr.com/7sg5db

if i use the original game start…

–edit
i use your tool with your key to repack, and work. the game run the changes.
basically its this…
to extract:
0x5D,0x2C,0x99,0x2C,0x62,0x94,0x38,0xD5,0x8C,0x79,0x9E,0x3C,0xA0,0x1A,0xDB,0x0B

to repack:
0x5F,0x07,0x8A,0x2A,0x66,0xA7,0x11,0xA6,0x84,0x6D,0x9D,0x46,0x9F,0x7A,0xB9,0x7E

–sorry for all

After all, my problem is solved. can you send-me your source of the createpck? i compile here, but show the msg error…

Can you explain a little bit more on how to obtain the key for different Siglus games and where to edit them into the rewrite tools before compiling?

Apparently his version is different from mine.

Hi, I’m interested in joining this project as a translator. My github is https://github.com/timothychou

1 Like

I don’t have Angel Beats, so I can’t add any of the script files. It’s up to someone with a copy to get them. We’ve been a bit lazy through the Summer ^^;

The scenes that are being translated are in the scene folder.

@tanuki exist a tutorial to debug and find the XOR key (i need for another siglusengine game)?
the members find faster…
i have IDA PRO here, but… to find… you have think

hey, and how can i add new line in the script? i view in ther header the comment, but here, don’t work

I have the game. If you can give me some instructions as to how to get you the parts that you need, I’ll gladly do it for you. I really want to see this succeed.

Could you please push the changes to Github? I’m trying to use the tools for Hatsuyuki Sakura and I’m getting the same error.

@tanuki can I get your game version?

What’s the current state of this project? How much has been translated?

afaik, it’s been pretty dead ever since I went on hiatus to write my thesis. I’m willing to pick up translations again now that my free time has increased, mainly just because it helps me practice Japanese, but to my knowledge, no one has bothered to QC what I did a couple months ago, which was like 15k lines so not an insignificant amount. Some correct me if I’m misinformed since I’ve only followed the thread and not the actual github project.

1 Like

The problem right now is that we don’t have the files to translate. The full version released, and it kinda ruined everything.
We need to transfer everything over, and check what has changed in what we’ve already done.