Siglus Hacking

What about “Japan’s #1 Mathlete” instead?

1 Like

Hey, did you guys knew about this? This guy is doing great job so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw a similar thing on reddit a week or two ago. Never commented on it.

Oh, @tanuki. I think I’m being stupid with ssasm. How do I get the code and text file into a single .ss?

@takafumi, with ssasm you just need to specify the file containing the code and the output .ss file. In the code, there’s an include directive (eg: #include Scene\00_ab01a_day00-text.txt) that will tell ssasm where the text file is located.

@Maxel, I saw something like that as well on /r/angelbeats. Can we ask for permission to integrate his translations?

Ah, I’m an idiot! I must have accidentally highlighted the -text file while I was deleting files from my work folder…

Thought about the same thing, maybe you guys in the project could get in contact with him, and work together :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Hmm, that might be worth trying out, but I don’t know. We should get a group opinion.

Just to be clear: what is there that still needs to be done with the .ss files? Reading the guide, it seems like we already have everything we need to replace the scripts and change what we need for the patch.

That would be to explain that Onsoku and Mugen were in fact a pun of Otonashi’s name. There’s no “oto” or “nashi” in Onsoku and Mugen, so without any knowledge in Japanese language, the name Onsoku and Mugen would seem to pop out from nowhere.

Ugh real life sucks so I’m just gonna post what I have for now since I doubt I’ll make much more progress for awhile. I was too lazy to use Github so here’s a pastebin. It’s not the full file since pastebin complained the full file is too big but it’s up to what I translated which is about 50% of day1. Probably plenty of stuff that needs editing so QC can have a field day.

2 Likes

You could use gist, github’s equivalent of pastebin.

1 Like

Hey, has anyone recently tried to compile and use these translations?

I tried today and siglus was not liking it at all, so I extracted the scene.pck and compared the untranslated files to the translated ones, and I noticed that the furigana commands (the { } brackets) were different.

After correcting them it worked like a charm, I’m using 1.10 so I’m wondering are the scripts up to date or is it just my version of the trial?

@timmy112, I think everyone might be busy. I haven’t seen a lot of activity on Git, but I did notice the same issues that you saw and have been integrating all the translations that everyone has done so far. I’ve submitted a request to merge in these changes with the main (Takafumi’s) branch a while back: https://github.com/TakafumiSakagami/ABFBT/pull/13
The merge request also puts back in the original missing lines that you need in order for Scene.pck to work.

Hmm, I did 5 days ago, and it was fine. I was only using the day0 scene though, so I might have missed the error. I know that a couple of the files haven’t been in a state to really read since the update.

I finish up with school in about a week, so I will get more involved~

Yeah, some things still needed updating to 1.1. IIRC, that 03 one added in something relating to Yui, so all of the translated work past that point was offset by one. Annoying -w-

Have you considered asking that Youtuber if he wants to share his translations for a patch?

Alright, went back and actually made a (sort of) VWF patch. It’s only sort of because it depends on the font, and I used default, and its size. So it’s not really variable. The only reason I had to do that is because the character looping and x-setting is done in a completely different place to the actual rendering, with the x being used in different places between them.

http://a.pomf.se/mfikxl.rar

Some comparisons, my patch on top, original on bottom: http://imgur.com/a/K0doX

Also note that my patch code doesn’t run on character names or choice selections, so those are still at their defaults. Not sure why they made different code for it. Something for someone to expand on and add.

3 Likes

It looks much improved from the original. Any chance of adjusting the y-placements as well? Aside from word-wrap that’s the only visually jarring thing I’m seeing.

Excellent work btw. :slight_smile:

Weren’t we supposed to give a group opinion?

I’m all for asking his permission to reuse some of his translations that we didn’t do yet.

Alright, found the y and cut it in half, looks like: http://i.imgur.com/hPB6tpR.jpg

http://a.pomf.se/ojvjfy.rar

I still can’t really recommend using this though, some of the characters do overlap in places, and I’m not really sure why. But just if someone else does want to do stuff, here’s some of the locs for stuffz. All locs are from the exe’s base:

1CBC84 - Reads the character, code just below this sets the x for that character, and then a bit further down (BCE5) adds the font size to it and saves it as the next x.
1CBAAB - Check if the current x + current char width is greater than the set x value for the line max width, call to add a new page if it’s longer.
252BDD - Get the glyph metrics for the current character. The returned GLYPHMETRIC is what I used to change the width. The second glyph metrics call just below it gets the actual character.
1C9ED4 - Reads the x for each character every frame.

1 Like

Well then, I say just do it. There’s no harm in asking.

I’m happy to contact him on behalf of Kaza if people want. Thoughts @Takafumi?

3 Likes