RLDev for Dummies

The only package like this under the devel category is cygwin64-libpng. Is this the one? I remember Baka Tsuki mentioning this, but there was no libpng14 in any category, just libpng15 or libpng12…

I downloaded it. Same thing but some numbers changed.

Oh, I just checked what I’d installed.

So you want to install libpng-devel most likely. I remember that I selected a bunch of them just in case.

1 Like

I selected these two now, but:

There’s a bunch of different stuff now, but I don’t know what they mean. If this helps, I remember I downloaded the “libpng14” package from an external source and tried to put the files on the folders that matched them. Guess it didn’t work then…

It never ends!

Okay, let’s see if we can skip this step.

First, download this and extract it to cygwin\usr\local\bin.
Then replace your rldev folder with this.

Then see if typing “kprl” into cygwin does anything.

1 Like

First, THANK YOU very much. The omake and omake install were now successful. I’m sorry for all the useful time you had to spend with my garbage.

Second, a question: does RLDev work with .xp3 files? If so, what program do I have to use to extract/view/edit those?

Oh yay, good. That was like, my final resort!

Ah, Kirikiri? That’s insani territory.
http://www.insani.org/tools/

Very simple compared to RLDev :stuck_out_tongue: You usually just need those tools and a text editor.

1 Like

Quick update. There’s now a guide on how to find and extract certain voiced lines from VNs like Litbus and TA.

4 Likes

Thank you! Bit weird that you posted it earlier in the topic though. You should at least link to it from your new post~

It’s organization :stuck_out_tongue:
The contents menu is in the main post, so you can find everything from there.

Oh I didn’t even notice the index. Neat~

@Takafumi does RLDev work on SiglusEngine (Rewrite)?

For the script, only if you could figure out the encryption key.

Works fine for graphics and sounds file.

It does, although I haven’t spent much time with it, so I’m not sure what’s different from Litbus.

There are some extra tools you might need, which comes with Amaterasu’s complete Rewrite folder that you can download here.

2 Likes

Why is my notepad++ unable to show the encoded SEEN txt files? Do I have to update or something?

Have you followed the “Reading and Editing SEEN.TXT” steps?

I have. But the app still read them as a wall of encrypted code (I suppose).

oh, and I also got a problem with libpng. It says that I cannot extract the .g00 file because the libpng built is different with the version of the one that runs the app. Do you know why is this happening?

btw I used this

and I also don’t have photoshop installed. Could this be the problem?

What are the names of the files you are trying to open?

Did you do all of the things in the “Setting up RLDev” section first?

I opened seen0678.txt (i forgot the number, it was a Tomoyo After’s seen file) with notepad++, which displayed a wall of unrecognizable texts.

yes. I’ve done that.
I also have installed all of them recipes correctly, which is why I can extract a SEEN file from its .org file.

You shouldn’t be opening .txt files. You use the .org and .utf files.

gah… I feel dumb =.=
No, I probably indeed am. Should’ve tried that.

Thanks for the help! Sorry for taking up your time!

oh. And how about my png problem, Taka-sensei? :3