Rewrite Anime General Discussion

So are Fruit of Grisaia and Walkure Romanze, both are 1 cour (13 and 12 episodes respectively) and while I can’t comment on WR Grisaia could have been much longer.[quote=“Zaydgh98, post:40, topic:2901”]
also when the anime aired, the official hashtag of it in twitter was No.1 in the trending section of Twitter in japan lol
[/quote]

What airs at the same time? If there’s nothing else major I don’t think this matters much.

Look man, the sales, charts, and Bishoujo Game Awards say differently, but thats really not the point.

The point is, there is absolutely no reason to assume or even hope for the possibility of remake. Combined with the fact that talking about a remake when the show has barely even started airing is completely disrespectful to the people who are working their butts off to create a show no one else wanted to adapt and havent even been given a chance to let their work be seen yet, I am going to ask that the discussion of a remake ends here.

If people want to whine and complain about “all the things they wanted the Rewrite anime to be” after the show is completely finished, be my guest. Until then, there is no reason to even consider that type of discussion.

10 Likes

Well you are certainly right about the remake aspect :smiley:

I also think that its dumb to wish for a remake when the anime isn’t done airing yet and the animations aren’t 100% polished yet.

People should wait until all of Rewrite is over and all the BDs are released then they can judge it.

Rewrite episode 3 PV is out!
The original video is reigon-locked by aniplex so some guy has uploaded it to Twitter
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/753904777956880384
1 Like

YouTube:

5 Likes

Okay, so, three eps in, and I’ve decided to put it on hold. For the most part, it’s because Charlotte made me worry about Rewrite’s potential quality, or lack there of, and I’m starting to see some possible issues pop up, whether they be with the actual quality or just personal preference, I’m not entirely sure at this point. So yeah, at this point, I’m just going to hold off on the anime until I’ve read the VN, which I’ve actually had in my possession for a couple years as well as installed and readable for several months, so I don’t know why I still haven’t started it. Anyway, did I make the right choice? That’s what I really want to know.

Rewrite Common gives you exponentially more time to really get to know the characters.

I personally would say to read the VN first. Just for the sake of really getting to understand the characters and the world the story takes place in without the time and budget constraints of an anime. The anime has delved into about 6-8ish hours of Common Route thusfar. With a lot of little hilarities being left out for the sake of time.

I’m not going to knock anyone who’s wanting to watch the anime first if they’ve not read the VN until now; but I’m always of the opinion that the source material should typically be the first medium through which someone experiences a story.

5 Likes

Exactly.
An anime adaption of a novel original will never have the time to go into enough detail to properly explain complicated stuff. Rewrite has tons of complicated stuff that will be hard to understand if you don’t have the necessary info. And those are the things that make Rewrite so great.

2 Likes

Episode 4 Preview. Seems like we are starting with Shizuru’s background introduction first…

5 Likes

Episode 5 preview.

Asahi Haruka.

4 Likes

Now the question is, will they rush Asahi Haruka in a single episode or give it 2. Judging by the title I’d guess the former unfortunately.

1 Like

My guess is that they will somehow combine the (Common Route) reconciling between Chihaya and Lucia segment and the Asahi Haruka segment of the visual novel to pull off a narrative that is quite different from the VN’s.

That, I think, could be the best approach to this episode, basing on the preview. But it could be anything, so let’s see. :))

These “routes” you speak of are mostly pre-common routes, with endings that try to resolve the episode as quickly as possible.

And Baba has said it before. The new route is to make people understand the message that Rewrite is trying to convey, because apparently, most Japanese fans didn’t understand it in the original. So they didn’t want to leave anime-only’s in the dark too.

It’s also smart to do a new route. You can give emphasis on characters from Terra (since the mains from Terra have very little screen time at the moment), Kagari, teasing Moon, and make the story fit anime format without worrying about including all of the other heroine routes in it.

Rewrite episode 6 preview.

3 Likes

I’m a bit iffy about this series… I’m not feeling the female characters. They feel too archetypal, and I’m having a hard time connecting with them. I’m also finding it hard to get a read on Kotarou’s character. For me as a reader, I don’t understand why he’s so interested or nice to the girl he befriends. And does he have to be such a pervert? It makes it hard to accept him as a romantic lead. The humor just feels awkward, and isn’t as well-executed as, say, Clannad. (The leading the half-asleep Kotori by a coin and the scene Kotarou starts with the delinquent and Lucia in the cafeteria scene are two examples that fell really flat for me).

On the plus side, the plot arc seems really interesting, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it ultimately comes to a front.I feel like Maeda’s skill with this sort of thing is sorely missed here…

I guess Kotarou’s temperament isn’t made clear enough in the anime. Or at least not yet. I hope they do soon. (hinting to VN) The anime have already dropped some hints on why Kotarou acts like that, but the anime hasn’t made a clear connection between these yet. :))

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (or am I getting your thoughts wrong)

I think you are, Dango is saying that because Meada didn’t work on Rewrite the anime might lack Meada’s skill at pulling everything together.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m trying to say.

2 Likes

Tensho tweeted about going over stuff for the first BD. Someone who cares can check what they fixed. Pretty sure they changed Kotarou’s lips i the third picture.

I only have seen 1/3 pictures, but this looks pretty nice. The lips though Lel.

I thought the old lips were funnier