Rewrite Anime General Discussion

Rewrite episode 7 preview.

5 Likes

There’s a new PV. Mostly just recap of the past few episodes but has “End of the World” in it https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/764824574051491842

I feel like an idiot for watching that without having seen episode 7 yet :stuck_out_tongue: Ah well at least it’s not that bad of a spoiler

End of the World” Confirmed to be the new OP

Word of Dawn” will be the ED

4 Likes

So seems like the so called original route is starting in episode 8 and there’s a new promotional video out. Episode 8 will be titled “My Name is Kagari-chan

PV3

Source: Squall EC

1 Like

Why chan…? :S

3 Likes

IMO it’s a remnant from Harvest Festa. I always wonder why the ED of HF made it in instead of something else.
At this point, I’m not surprised if (Harvest Festa Spoilers) Kagari in full school uniform appears the next episode as a transfer student a la Kagari Route, though this will probably freak out a lot of people both in the story and outside it.

1 Like

Gee now I’m thoroughly upset.

Gotta agree here. Can’t say I hate it though.

because kagari is cuter than any other rewrite girl oppai ending confirmed (sarcasm)

Rewrite episode 8 preview.

6 Likes

New/2nd OP

「End of the World」by Anri Kumaki (written and composed by Jun Maeda and arranged by Manyo)

New/2nd ED

「Word of Dawn」by Aoi Tada (lyrics written by Kai, music composed by Tomohiro Takeshita)

Rewrite episode 9 preview.

7 Likes

Rewrite episode 10 preview.

3 Likes

Rewrite episode 11 preview. Wait…Midou’s still not dead!? Now I want to see Kotarou owning him (; ・`д・´)

3 Likes

So Kotori being possibly the one to find Lucia? It’s still doesn’t look as epic as I expected it to be, but looking forward to that.

Kotori finding lucia implies something very heavy… And I would not be against that sort of thing but I imagine other people would be…

(Kotori route AND ep 10 spoilers) If Kotori were to find Lucia, I can imagine her doing something similar to what she did to her parents… and that’d be extremely fucked up

1 Like

Rewrite episode 12 preview.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who thought the song Kagari was humming sounded a bit like the song titled “Last Smile” from the Jun Maeda X Yanangi Nagi album? Maybe an off-key version.

But on a side note, I can’t wait to see how the anime will wrap up in the next 2 episodes.

2 Likes

do you think so? for me it sounded like some sort of twentieth century fox theme

Well if you kind of listen to Kagari’s humming, and keep the melody, then change the pitch of it (and a bit off key), then it sounds a bit like Last Smile for the first/second verse/verses.

Anyways. This anime adaption is disappointing. I never let the studio determine whether a Key anime will be good or not (other than the horrid Toei for Key), but with the way Rewrite is, I just don’t see what this sixth route was supposed to do. Baba said it was supposed to make us understand the message Rewrite was trying to convey, but frankly, it’s rushed to the point where people probably don’t even understand what’s happening. The sixth route did what? Like introduce 20 characters who only had 3 seconds worth of screen time beforehand?

I have faith in Moon and Terra, because you can’t really go wrong in it, story-wise. Plus, 13 episodes will be enough to animate it, given that Aniplex will probably only fund 13 episodes… Again.

But seeing 8-Bit animate the most recent episode (12), and seeing how much content they could add, makes me hope for Rewrite+ to come out already. The fact that the sixth route is supposedly not included in “+” is sad though. Tanaka could easily flesh it out and make it great. I’ve already given up on a remake sadly (even though a remake would do much better for plot, quality, and sales).

I enjoy the adaption, even though it’s rushed. I just hope Aniplex and 8-Bit won’t screw the 2nd course/season. Actually, Key should just stop working with Aniplex. 13 episodes will NEVER be enough for Key stories (AB, Charlotte, Rewrite). Maybe Charlotte if they took out episode 3-5 (which were all useless) and added material for the later episodes for build up.

I think with this adaption, it doesn’t show the seriousness in Rewrite enough. The comedy makes it seem like the seriousness is just a side dish, when it should be the main course.

At least we got Planetarian out of the Key summer anime’s.

1 Like