Rewrite Anime - Episode 8 "My Name Is Kagari-chan"

What I meant is that players were intended to play HF after the orginial VN, so they were meant to experience the alternate Kagari personality having already known how she used to be

Yeah, fandiscs are extras. You’d be horrible confused if you hadn’t read the original.

I can’t tell if this episode was good or bad. It’s just… Unexpected.
Anyways, I watched this episode stress-free knowing that it’s not the Rewrite I knew, and I can easily tell that I’ve enjoyed the episode.
I have to be honest here and say that I don’t like this Kagari, the “a stone fell on my head and I feel like a new person now” is just so clichè.-. Not to forget that it’s Kagari we’re talking about THE KEY!!!
Well, despite that, it’s interesting anyways, the “return” of all the characters was good.

Esaka still looks like doritos chips in the anime which makes me mad

Also, the music… The music is not being used correctly, for 8 episodes now…what is happening??

End of the world??? I thought it fits being an ending more than an opening… But having such a good ending song by Tada Aoi explains why I guess.

Overall the episode had many good points so I guess it was good.

1 Like

So I finally caught up to this controversial episode, over a week late urgh. What most people say about it does feel true. It is quite weird seeing Kagari in this direction but, at the same time, it isn’t all that unacceptable.

Definitely a lot of Kagari’s weirdness comes from Kotarou introducing her to the WWW. Not sure if many realize this, but the slang she uses (feecof, myyum) are all remnants of Japanese Internet slang. She probably stayed on 2ch for most of her information gathering purposes :stuck_out_tongue: other than that, I don’t see that much of a difference with the Kagari in Terra route, albeit with a bit of a cuter side to her (VN spoilers) This Kagari is still very pushy, but very curious, which I thought they showed well enough in this episode. And the moment she does learn something that helps her agenda, she pushes it way too far. The only difference is her less “girly” side, which might have been brought up because of her spending too much time with Kotori in this timeline. After all, in Terra, she goes straight to Kotarou after meeting him.

More than anything, I’d like to pay attention to how all this affects Kotarou. He did say in episode 2 how the occult club gave him a purpose, but after they all split in the last episode, he probably felt very empty. In comes Kagari, this being who so obviously needs his care. And I quite like how his purpose is now shifted to that of helping Kagari in this world.

7 Likes

Likewise, just finally got around to watching this episode.

So uh, in a vacuum it’s my favorite episode of the series so far, in that I was actually entertained while watching it.

But in the context of Rewrite specifically, it’s…not fitting, and I don’t see how they can build off this in a way that would convey messages similar to what the VN had in mind.

I like the new Kagari, but it’s not what Kagari is supposed to be like. She’s not supposed to feel human, and her general behavior doesn’t make any sense and has no precedent. I guess there’s the arm chewing thing from earlier, but this just seems so out of left field…

I also dunno if I missed out on something, but why can other people see her? Why is nobody questioning her ribbons? What is this show even doing?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

1 Like

not quite. (Terra spoiler)

Kagari has no human personality in the other routes because she spent several years in captivity (and most likely total isolation from everything). In Terra, however, she does not get captured and keeps watching humans from up close, learning from them, thus developing a human intelligence.

So unless they changed this part in the anime backstory, Kagari shouldn’t even be able to have this personality.

1 Like