Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

Dude, me too! I really like that lo-fi “basement rock” style. It makes me nostalgic for all the basement concerts I went to in college. I want to see Joyce Manor sometime, but it would probably be extremely impossible to get American Football tickets because they’re so popular and don’t play shows often.

I know! How great are they! Both are actually doing live shows in my city later this year so I’ll have to see if I can get along to those. And hey, if all else fails I can talk to some friends and see if I can do videography for the night (free tickets! :D).

A quick addendum to my first post in this thread, I mentioned a music blog I followed that really opened my mind to new music. It was down for about a month but it’s back up again! If you want to check it out it’s at http://musigh.com/

Be warned, the last post was in March of 2014 and there are over 1000 comments on that post so try not to click the comments button unless you want to be doing a lot of scrolling!

4 Likes

Woooooooooooooow! Now that is a really cool site! Thanks for showing, ill be definitely hanging on that site and finding new music :p.
I actually know a lot of songs as far as I can see, but there are some I have missed I guess :p.

1 Like

Oh I’m so glad you like it! I’ve been following it for so long now and it’s just so sad to see it sit stagnant, especially since Beni had previously been super consistent with his posts.

From the many comments I’ve read from the last post it seems he plans to start it up again at some point. I’m really hoping that happens!

1 Like

Thanks man, this could really help me when I’m writing.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Always glad to get another musigh fan!

I CAN’T KEEP UP I’M SO SORRY
Oh I’ve been listening to Marmozets a lot. Just found out about 'em. Love it.

Also Maeda got me listening to Jimmy Eat World again.

2 Likes

So, I’ll just leave this here:

(Jagwar Ma - Man I Need)

@Bizkitdoh: Loved that Maeda stuff. Re-posting here:

1 Like

Never heard of Marmozets but I love the singer. Really specific voice that has a lot of power in it.
Nice (y).

@NotKyon that is totally your style. Not bad at all, liked it.

1 Like

I love powerful female vocalists. Like Marina. :3

I also really like Jesse Leach and just about everything he does. Killswitch Engage, ex-Seemless, and this.

1 Like

Interesting! Here it goes on of my favorite artist/composer and one of his best compositions (at least for me).

Mike Oldfield: Tubular Bells II - Track 1

The bells are angelical. It is like a little story.

2 Likes

Awesome song! For some reason it gives me Clannad vibes. More specifically at the beggining, but I can imagine me listening to this while studying. Really nicely melodic and chill. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Now I’m listening to the new Flyleaf record.
The music spiral continues.

So I finally caught these guys streaming live today, most of their anime remixes are amazing, and their overall feel is upbeat and a nice change to my normal brooding posts. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mogra1
You can find what they will be playing and when here http://club-mogra.jp/event/. To follow the Key part of our chat, lets have some of their angel beats remix.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/07%20Do%20you%20disappear.mp3?_subject_uid=86807798&w=AAB8pxnHGP1a9DWBFrRUjJNLfKdwsV3wa8VJIczcUX_nhA

1 Like

Ohhhhh you know mogra? They make really really awesome remixes :smiley: I should listen to their streams more often and hopefully visit the actual club one time~

I just found out about an awesome music festival in New Jersey called Skate and Surf Fest that I’m definitely going to. So many bands I’ve wanted to see for years are playing. SO… MUCH… PUNK… @~@; Anyone else going?

Here are some of the highlights:
The Gaslight Anthem - NEW JERSEY REPRESENT! I’ve wanted to see these guys for a long time, but I could never get a ticket cause they’re so popular. They’re sort of punk, but mostly feel-good music with heartfelt lyrics. If you like Bruce Springsteen you’ll probably like them. They even performed onstage with him once.

Dropkick Murphys - One of the most popular “Irish punk” bands, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. They’re a combination of punk and traditional Irish folk music, with bagpipes, banjos, and fiddles. I’ve heard their shows can get pretty crazy though, so I think I’ll hang out near the back…

Big D and the Kids Table - Ska isn’t dead! The music pretty much speaks for itself.

Pianos Become The Teeth - Baltimore represent! They used to be hardcore punk, but their latest album is more majestic post-rock. I saw them in December, and I’ll never forget driving through rural Maryland on the way to the show while listening to them. I just felt so at peace with the world.

Anyone else going to cool shows lately? Or am I the only one who goes to concerts? :confused:

1 Like

I like the third one, its kinda funny and it gives a happy, random feeling lol.

Now that is an interesting song. Totally loving this kind of post-rock music. I might dig up for some more songs if I feel like it :p.

I dont know if this counts, but I was on “Let It Roll” which is a huge festival for electronic music. Mainly Drum n Bass and dubstep. I went on one in Slovakia to meet one of my friends… I enjoyed it to the bits and to be honest that was one of my first “big events” experience. People went ham, dj’s went ham, I went ham everything was just awesome. I never tought I would be dancing and getting hyper around all the drunk people until 3 am (If I wasnt tired I would last until 6am)
If you are wondering what kind of music was played there Ill post a song below from the dj set.

(at 0:44 starts the melodic part)

There was a LiR near my place but I missed it ;_;! And plus the main host was NOISIA… ONE OF MY FAV neurofunk producers. Holy shit if I went there I think i wouldnt survive.
Well because their music is … kinda heavy, you can listen to it below if you want to.
WARNING: IF YOU DONT LIKE HEAVY STUFF DONT LISTEN TO IT (warning cuz some people gets depressed or even disgusted by this kind of music, so I want to keep it fair lol)

Other than that, the only concert I attended was the Linkin Park one when I was 10 years old. A great experience with awesome music :p. I had to leave sooner cuz parents were worried but it was still awesome.

Love the vibe this has.

5 Likes

Oh someone knows nujabes? Cool cool! I tought ppl from kaza wont like his chilly beats.
I always like to say the nujabes joke.
“Nujabes? more like Nujabest.”

1 Like