Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

zOMG DID SOMEONE SAY NUJABEST?

I sooo love this tune (ft. Uyama Hiroto)

3 Likes

Ill just leave this here, while we are talking about nujabes :3.
Srsly thoā€¦ its such a shame that such a talanted producer diedā€¦ RIP ;_;

3 Likes

Oh man I just heard of this nujabes guy today from you guys and he is just so damn good o_o sad that I only heard about him now (and that he has passed away). But yeah, the beat and the sound is just sooo Japanese hip-hop and I absolutely love it. The jazz vibe he puts in it is amazing

3 Likes

I did not know he died, thatā€™s too bad.

Yeah unfortunately in a car accident, he was really young. But the music he left us will be forever in our hearts <3

So I thought this is pretty cool.
I would like to show you all a genre called ā€œEpicStepā€. I have already sent this genre to some people and I got really good reponses. Again it maybe isnt something you are listening on daily basis but you may get to like it :p.

At FIrst it sounds like a normal dub, but when the bass drops it getsā€¦ well you will see.
I will post one more song that you can see there are other variations.

So, I want to introduce you guys to a japanese band called ā€œChouChouā€.
They started as a non-real band in a game called ā€œsecond lifeā€. They dj-ed and made themself a great audience. By the time they had such a good response that they decided to make music not only in second life but outside of it too.
Their music is mostly electronic but its experimental and itā€™s just unique and different from nowadayā€™s electronic music (imo ofc you can listen to some of their tracks yourself and share your thoughts).
They tend to use this vocalist with cute and soft voice and 3D modified sounds.
I was introduced to them 1 year ago, and I have to say their other works like piano tracks are wonderful.
My absolute favorites until now has been tracks ā€œLUNARIAā€ (even the instrumental one) and ā€œTeardropā€.
Why Im talking about them is because they are releasign a CD album with almost all of their tracks. And I thought people might like it enough to buy their CD or just to get to know them.
Me who doesnt really buy things is also considering buying one since itā€™s really unique.
Hopefully at least someone will like this.

Please do note the fact that it may be not the kind of music you are listening to on daily music. This is just expand and show that there are different kinds of music and I think ChouChou is a good example for that.

Here are LUNARIA and Teardrop if anyone is interested.

Not sure why @IkaCZ did not post this one as well, but my god do I love things like this.

1 Like

Ahaha, I would feel like spamming if I have to share everything I come across.
But I do have a song you will love if you loved the previous one :p.
The Spectecular Quiet.
I have goosebumps everytime I listen to this, and the video is fabulous too.

1 Like

This is something Iā€™ve been listening lately. I hope you guys like it.

This is awesome too:

2 Likes

Oh my god, such a nice instrumental rock!!!
I thought if the first was so amazing that the second will be kinda worse cuz the first song you posted was fukin amazing.
Then I listened to the second one and holy jesus. The melodic instrumental guitar man OH MY GOD ITS SO SEXY! Daaaaayum I think I should listen to this stuff more often. And I know who would love this kind of style. Right @NotKyon ;)?
Also the first one has amazing guitar solos and combining more guitars together really sounds eargasmic at times. I love this kind of instrumental rock. Also when it changes the bpm around in the middle, dayum thats just something else yo.
Thank you for sharing, really awesome piece of music you have there!
EDIT: Lmao, I was looking at the picture posted by @Tsukari in the Litt buss fanart topic - the manly rikis and others while the beggining of the second song started playing lolā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you liked it n.n
Iā€™ll post more songs tonight. I listen to a lot of stuff.

1 Like

Excellent choice @Mecynogea !

Iā€™ve discovered these guys on YouTube two years ago and theyā€™re mind-blowing, especially Chon. Iā€™ve even preordered the Plini Trilogy and a limited edition LP of the last Chon album !

Anyway, I recently came across this guy, and ā€¦ itā€™s just awesome :

Yummy.

2 Likes

Damn Im seriously feeling this one.
The funky vibes I got from this one is srsly top notch. The only thing I dont like are the parts with the heavy drums. Other than that srsly nice one!

1 Like

Somewhat recently discovered į¢įŽ¾įŽ¾įžs on Soundcloud, though it seems he/sheā€™s changed to just ā€˜poolsā€™ now. Anyway these are some of my favourite tracks, though theyā€™ve posted more which Iā€™ve yet to listen to:

https://soundcloud.com/iampools/ba-bum-ba-bum

A friend of mine said it might be classified as Chill Trap? Like I said Iā€™m bad at genres I just like the sound!

2 Likes

You made me remember that sceneā€¦
:frowning:

1 Like

To celebrate the beginning of the week-end (itā€™s currently 7PM in France), hereā€™s some Fall of Troy tunes !

3 Likes

@Mecynogea: Plini - Selenium Forest: Woah, thatā€™s great! Havenā€™t heard of Plini before, so now Iā€™m going to have to keep them on the radar. :slight_smile: (Thanks for the mention, @IkaCZ!)

Another instrumental rock thingā€¦

Buckethead - Animal Behavior (Live)

Seems thereā€™s a bit more rock / metal here now. How about psychedelic rock?

Mastodon - Oblivion

4 Likes

Wow so much music! Thanks everyone for sharing your fav piece of music :stuck_out_tongue: its really interesting to see we have a lot of metal/rock fans.
Keep it melodic guys haha!

@Kami_chan I think I would call the first one an electronic or indie electro. The second one could go under chill trap. And damn that bass in the 1st track is hitting the right spot in my ear. I like it.

@Conk3r Never heard of Fall of Troy but holy damn their tracks are pretty nice, melodic and intense at some point. I like how they keep their fast bmp. Thumbs up!

@NotKyon I like that buckethead song, dayum its so melodic Im loving the guitar so much It remind me of those gold days with metal and rock. And as for the second, I liked the vocals but not the music arrangment for some reason.

So far we had a lot of melodic rock/metal tracks and that got me going so Im gonna show my other half of favorite music :p.

And maybe some of you already heard the songs but itā€™s one of my favorites and will always be.

First: Firewind and one of their MOST SEXY INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS. I mean seriously that guitar is so sexy im almost melting everytime I listen to that track

And for a second one, I always liked Bullet for my valentine so im just gonna post one here.
Since there are so many good songs form them and I cant decide which to chooseā€¦ Ill pick one that my cousin made a video on - Runescape Music Video (to players who played runescape this will be nostalgia overload). (oh and yeah my cousin is an editor - IM IN THE VID TOO)

Side note: video contains a lot of flashes so dont watch it if you have epilepsy problems.
This BFMV song is one of the chillest but I also like it cuz of its elements. The vocals are melodic, guitar well everything. Keeping it melodic as always :p. Hope you guys enjoy these.

2 Likes

Been a while since I last listed to buckethead nice find!

1 Like