Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

I know Dusky yo, I have some tracks of him in my music folder… somewhere :smiley: but yeah that is actually really cool! I think its called “minimal techno” no? Im not sure but I have some tracks like that. Also nice to see someone is listening to that BCC mix, its pretty popular but I tought no one from kaza would listen to that :stuck_out_tongue: i was mistaken again.

LEIAAAAAAAAAAAAA, KONO SEKAI… Loving it brah, loving it.

Definitely outer science by IA/Jin. Im more into Drum n bass after all :p.

But my favorite vocaloid of all time is Megurine Luka, I love everything about her :p.

I love that song, as I mentioned before I love muryokuP’s music. And I think I have all of them on OSU :3. Its kind of melodic rock … I would say.

I love OSTs from anime man, they are so addicting when they are composed godly. Noragami for example, I love those japanese, electro style ish OSTs. They are something unique but people dont show much of interest in it. Speaking of anime OPs, I was hooked to the Mahouka No Kokou No Rettousei opening for like 2 months and just repeated it everyday :D.

Yeaaah that’s my favorite Kagerou Project song! I was really into KagePro for quite a while… then it stopped making much sense ^^;

anyways, it’s my policy to reply to any vocaloid songs with cover artist versions, so here’s my favorite cover of Outer Science:

1 Like

The chorus~ Heikou shite boku wa matteita

The way they did the backing vocals is so good. I liked the ED too. Mirror.

One of my favorites, but it’s no Lost Time Memory or Ayano’s Theory of Happiness. Children Record, Toumei Answer and Summertime Record are good too.

3 Likes

Same here. Her voice is strong and beautiful… and the 10 seconds build-up is just awesome! Simply can’t get enough of it!!

Speaking of Anime OST, Gintama has bunch of great songs too. Especially the ones done by SPYAIR and DOES (probably just my taste).

Here is a good list of Gintama’s OST if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Usugurai heya hitorikiri ! And that guitar riff at beginning and end~
You should listen to some other stuff by the same band, Hello Sleepwalkers.

[quote=“Akito, post:105, topic:498”]
Same here. Her voice is strong and beautiful… and the 10 seconds build-up is just awesome! Simply can’t get enough of it!!
[/quote]I think I have yet to hear a LiSA song that I didn’t love. New album March 4!

Another of my new favorites is Ling Tosite Sigure, who’ve done stuff like 2 of the Psycho-Pass OPs (abnormalize and Enigmatic Feeling), and the Tokyo Ghoul OP (Unravel).

And there’s Akino and bless4, an American-born group of siblings who have just recently done Extra Magic Hour from Amagi Brilliant Park, and Miiro form Kantai Collection.

Or or or, how about Konomi Suzuki. She’s done songs like Days of Dash from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, This Game from NGNL, and just this season Absolute Soul from Absolute Duo.

1 Like

Man I listened to the full version for like 30 times already. I just freaking love the song!!! <3 But I heard the anime overall is pretty bad, might give it a shot. But the opening is beautiful :3.

Unravel was amazing, but I listened to it so much that I got sick of it…
I think I like Munō even more though. Listened to it every day for the past 5 weeks.

its in a really awkward situation. If you play the game, the anime is terrible, but if you don’t its actually pretty good(at least from what I’ve heard). I personally say it’s worth a shot either way, but yeah, it has my vote for best OP of the season, regardless of how the anime turns out.

No no no I’m liking it. I haven’t played the game, but watching it kinda makes me want to. It won’t be anime of the season or anything, but its unique and enjoyable.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:108, topic:498”]
I think I like Munō even more though.
[/quote]Holy crap thats a unique song. I haven’t actually been watching Root A because I never finihsed the first season, but damn is Munou crazy. Crazy drums and crazy piano. I’d never heard of österreich before, apparently its a new solo project by the guitarist from a defunct band called “the cabs”.

I’m looking forward to more of their (his?) songs.

Unravel was an energetic song, full of anger and confusion and a bit of playfulness.

Munō is quiet and broken. The beating of the drums tries to remain steady, but it gets swept up by the erratic melody of the piano. The singing is sad, and then angry, and then hopeless. The lyrics are… I’m pretty sure I know the whole story of Root A just from the lyrics of the OP - A boy looks back on when he learned to like his new life, but couldn’t hide from the hellish truth. He tries to make everything right, but a part of him dies in doing so.

The animation is also pretty good. It’s clear they had a low budget, but they managed to take advantage of that to make a seemingly simple OP. All of the different flowers in the background blooming and fading at specific times, to match the lyrics or the music. The way Kaneki faces. The position of his mask. The fingernail-painted hands igniting the charge, and the clean-nailed hands appearing to stop the explosion as the Wisteria flowers appear… and then everything inverts.

It’s a mess of things put together, and that’s great.

Vocaloid wise, I know of a hardcore fan of CosMo’s songs. That can sound rare, but it’s possible

These are my favorites:

And, while not CosMo, there is this song by Kikuo:

The lyrics for this is quite sad and contrast with the tune

2 Likes

Thanks I didnt play the game, and I am sure looking forward it. Yep definitely the best OP this season.

The start of the end of it all is the new Angel Beats! ED.

Maeda listening to Isis again, obviously.

This album is a story about a guy walking into the ocean!

This is what he’d always known- The promise of something greater beyond the water’s final horizon.

1 Like

While I don’t know if there is any way to confirm this, I like the idea XD

Personally the name reminds me of Streetlight Manifesto. Also, they’re literally one of the greatest bands ever. They’ve NEVER made a bad song. If the Little Busters were a band, they would probably be like them :3

1 Like

[quote=“Misuzu, post:90, topic:498, full:true”]
Any Perfume fans here?? :smiley:
[/quote]I enjoyed GAME and a couple of other songs from that album.

[quote=“supercoobie, post:97, topic:498”]
I’m listening to GirlsDeMo again
[/quote]This. At first, some of their songs seemed “odd” to me, but after listening to them they became much more enjoyable. A lot of their songs make their way into my playlists. (Shine Days, Run With Wolves, Alchemy (Yui Ver.), …)

[quote=“ChickenWingz, post:101, topic:498”]
ChouCho, yannaginagi, Lia, ClariS
[/quote]I’ve only heard one ChouChou song so far (the Hyouka OP, Yasashisa no Riyuu), but it’s one of my favorites. Lia is great, and I don’t dislike ClariS.

About a year or two ago I started listening to these (Japanese) bands:

• Acid Black Cherry – Favorite songs: Shoujo no Inori, Black Cherry, Murder Licence, Jigsaw ~ジグソー Q.E.D. version~
  • Buck-Tick – Favorite songs: Dress, Speed, Megami, Sakura, Jupiter, Sapphire.
  • exist trace – Favorite songs: Lost in Helix, Forward, Wrath, Hai no Yuki, Kiba, Water
  • miyavi – Favorite songs: JPN Pride, Boom-Hah-Boom-Hah-Hah, You no Hikari sae Todokanai Kono Basho de, Tsuredzure Naru Hibinaredo (徒然なる日々なれど)
  • Uplift Spice – Favorite songs: =, NGC224, Ama no kawa, Boku wa Dummy

They’re all (mostly) J-Rock, though Buck-Tick will vary widely and exist trace was more of a J-Metal band.

Instrumental rock: Buckethead, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Andy Timmons. (Ranked from “craziest” or “most chaotic” to “least chaotic” or “less weird.”)

There are too many bands I listen to for me to list. Of course I’m listening to KSL stuff as well, though I haven’t finished collecting those. (I don’t have the AIR OST or Little Busters! OST, for example.)

Anyway, here’s Dress by Buck-Tick:

That one seems most appropriate considering the AIR bookclub thing right now. (See the English-translated lyrics in the video.)

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your favorite piece of music you re listening to!
I am glad that you introduced me to some new bands I havent heard yet. And Im looking forward to listening to some of their songs.
Also that Buck Tick - Dress has this kind of atmospheric jazzy (sexy) feeling to me for some reason. Its really cool and Im loving it!

1 Like

I would like to give big props to @Notkyon for sharing his piece of music he made by himself!
All ot them are instrumental beatuiful pieces of music with ambient elements. Basically you can listen to all of them based on your mood - mystery, chillout, scifi. Especially the Plasma ones!
Then the metal guitar piece sounds cool to have it in the background, while the Toxic ones sounds like its from some old RPG game, its really good tho!
I recommend listening to them even if instrmental music is not your style. You can listen to them here.

2 Likes

I kinda like fast-paced music with powerful voices. I like some of LiSa’s songs (Rising Hope and FZ’s op. Headphone Actor!!! ). I like most of LIA’s songs (Tori no Uta~ And her songs in Clannad. And MCA’s Days. It was beautiful). I think Yuki Kaijura is almost godly but I have yet to hear all her compositions.

Unravel is my favorite song recently (I have different covers of the song in my phone. It’s amazing).

Also recently, I’ve been listening to Fallout Boy’s music. I love all their songs. I could listen to Phoenix and Centuries for hours and still not get tired of it.

I used to listen to vocaloid before. Loved KagePro. Loved what LiSa did to Headphone Actor. Loved most of the MCA covers. MCA itself, nah. Anyway, It’s nice to see some KagePro fans =D

Last Note would be my fav vocaloid composer. I mean just listen to this and aghhh.

Closely followed by Suzumu wih Shuuen no Shiori. He also did wonders with KEMU.

Ok. Shuuen no Shiori. I’m a huge fan of the series before because it has a great story and really good characters. I think I’m more hooked with its story than the songs. The songs are bit noisy for me (though I like rock music) and the earlier songs are much better, like Lonely Hide and Seek and Perfect Crime Love Letter.

Then Neru. You scream with Neru’s songs.

2 Likes

I was really into Kagerou Project for a while and absolutely loved the covers for most of the songs. LiSA headphone actor was great! Yuukei Yesterday not so much. I guess my favorite was Haruna Luna’s Kisaragi Attention :smiley: