Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

I’d recommend Altered Course in that video. Gives you an idea of the groove~

But, I also really love this split song, Low Tide, to ease you into it. Just a different vocalist, I believe.

Thanks. :smile:

I don’t really have a favorite producer when it comes to EDM, Trance or House music but the ones I know are Zedd, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia etc. There’s also Robert Miles, who is known for the piano trance song “Children” and there’s OceanLab who has a song called “On A Good Day” which is a great song in my opinion.

The artists that I mentioned before (New Order, Tears For Fears, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys etc) are the artists that I really enjoy listening to and I would recommend listening to them if you get a chance to do so. I also enjoy listening to some of Lia’s work outside of Key such as Disintegration, which is a great upbeat trance song.

Here’s one of New Order’s songs if you want to listen to it.

I also recommend listening to some of Electronic’s music if you like a fusion of house and rock music. Here’s my favorite song from them.

2 Likes

The memories of listening to that song on February though it’s not my favorite song on the album. That honor would go to this song.

@IkaCZ It is Maeda after all! :smile: The album is Owari no Hoshi no Love Song. You should listen to the rest of it!

@Inuconandoyle Love the Clannad-style “look at all the people you love, leading up to you” at the 5:57. But that whole album man :cry: Just so damn good!

@Bizkitdoh Man Biz, you make me want to write my own passionate music backstory:

I was kinda in an “all music is just ok, I don’t really have any favorites” rut up until about April 2013. Then one day while driving in the car I heard part of a song I had never heard before while flipping through the stations on the radio. Got home and found online that it was called “Holding on to You” by Twenty One Pilots. They immediately became my favorite band. Maybe its the message of the lyrics? Maybe its the personality and pure passion of the vocalist/pianist and the drummer? Maybe its just the music itself. I couldnt tell you why.

But why is this so important to me? Well, it kind of marks the beginning of my “new life.” About 2 months later I got into anime, and Clannad being about the third anime I saw, immediately fell in love with Key, especially the music. I had thought I had been pretty happy with my life previously, but that ever since that moment I’ve actually had reasons to be truly happy; I feel like a completely different person. Twenty One Pilots and Key literally changed my life.

I’m actually going to a Twenty One Pilots concert this Friday. Its gonna be huge since Columbus is their home town. And what the hell, if anyone’s interested here’s some songs from their most recent album:

I guess I hadn’t even realized that this had happened until this topic and Biz made me think deeply about it. Thanks for reading guys!

1 Like

No time for me to read and respond to any of the posts here, but I shall share something that I am into.

It’s not really a genre (although they all fall under EDM), it is more of a subculture. It is called J-Core. Basically, it is the Hardcore EDM scene in Japan, and they thrive through doujin works being sold during Comiket and M3 (a music-focused indie event in Japan). They’ve been getting a lot of ground recently, and are slowly becoming more popular! I am guessing it is because of the global EDM boom.

I think the best example I can give that some people would be familiar with is either the Deejay Busters album (http://key.soundslabel.com/discography.html?ksl0068/ksl0068) or the Enigmatic Lia series.
Yes, anisong remixing is a big part of it, but a bigger part is the original compositions that these producers create. Here’s one that I really like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdSnAqyIs4

Note that J-Core falls under EDM and general, and contains loads of subgenres. Happy Hardcore, Dubstep, Gabber, Drum’n’bass and a whole lot of other types of music are available.

So yeah, not sure if anyone else is into this sort of thing, but I wanted to share it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing much to say in this regard. Outside Key, this is what I hear the most

Impressive for the time

First track feels like old science documentaries; third feels like underwater and such

The 4th is the most well know. Also, it gives me AIR (as in, the Key VN/Anime) vibes

This is how I discovered Tangerine Dream

And this reminds me of Homura Akemi for some reason. There’s a sense of… despair in this album

…wait! There’s a pattern here… They’re from the 70’s

If we talk about the video game BGMs, the pre-X FF’s have great tracks. There’s Chrono Trigger, F-Zero, Secret of Mana, Assassin’s Creed/Hitman (Yup, a Jesper Kyd fan), Diablo/Diablo 2/Starcraft 1, Touhou (I’m more of a purist in this regard)… Heck, there’s even Guacamelee in the equation because homeland, and Kancolle because cute warmongering

Look at ze remix

Loved this track from when I played the April event

The first time I got to 2-4 boss, this BGM got me impressed

I feel at home with this

Anime wise, TTGL, Aria, Madoka and scattered OP/ED/Insert songs from varios animes

Didn’t fully understand the anime, but this OP is so epic

Trivia: The singer also is Yusa’s seiyuu

The Song of Garhalla

And of course, everything Key related

National anthem.

…sorry for the wall of videos. I got so carried away u.uU

1 Like

Thanks everyone for posting and taking your time to write about your music experience! As soon as I get on pc, ill reply to each of the posts because its just so damn awesome to read about your passionate music tastes and how you got to them!
Im happy people are actually realising something or discovering new music ^_^.
Stay awesome everyone!

Oh god Biz, what have you done to me?! I cant stop listening to Isis now ._.

1 Like

Oh thats still pretty good, I mean Zedd is fantastic and Avicii and Swedish House mafia are like the most famous one, still good ones ;d.

I love it! The softness in the bass and vocals makes it really easy and enjoyable to listen to :3. I dont know why but I heard the name OceanLab before, im sure of that, still thanks for the recommendation its really awesome!

Oh pepe… Finally someone who likes J-Core! FINALLY
I like j-core and like to listen to it. there are a lot of japaense ppl making it, but there are also Japanese producers that makes it really unique and transforms the genre into like … art core. Its really nice i will link some examples of that below.
ALSO! PEPE GUESS WHAT. I have found a really good Happy Hardcore (imo) song like 2 weeks ago and Im addicted to it. I think someone like you will surely like it.
Happy hardcore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qtaZG9mPEhs&list=PLAbC9-6Ee_nggT6HYrXJeQ4HukZtMune_#t=91
ArtCore: as soon as I find the link it will be here
Note: I forwarded the happy hardcore, because the beggining is kind of … lets say not that good as the rest of the song, so I made it play it when the best part starts :), hopefully you will get a kick out of it.

1 Like

Hardcore United Tokyo! Solid album :smiley: I should pick up a copy for myself one of these days haha
I think the intro is decent. Most songs tend to start out that way to provide some form of tension

And JAKAZiD is such a great producer, really (he’s also not Japanese, but that’s okay haha). I met him in person, and he’s a pretty cool guy, too :smile:

As for Artcore, I don’t really listen to much, but I would guess sasakure.uk’s works fall into this? At least when he isn’t busy doing vocaloid :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh sry, my bad I didnt mean to refer JAKAZiD as a person from Japan, this is actually my first song I heard from him, and might dig deeper for some tracks.
REALLY? You did? WOoooooooooow nice man im jelly ;D!
Oh so that means you know what Artcore is? whoa well ill just post the link here, and see yourself if you like it.

The guy is named An, and he is really similiar with other ppl.
Also he is Japanese, im sure of that. He made songs for DiverseSystem EPs. Cehck it out ;d

1 Like

Hey man I gotta say you have a really unique taste of music.
I was listening to the Ricochet - Tangerine Dream and the song which is in like 12:00 gives me some kind of futuristic vibe.
If they myde this in 1975, then woah really impressive work!

I want to play this game so much when I have some free time left, it has a really good soundtracks from what I have heard.
For the touhou, I didnt play a single one of the games of Tohou, but the soundtracks makes me want to play it right now :D.
Oh god the singer from Aria opening melts my heart ;_; its so beautiful. I might just want to watch that because of that opening song XD!
And ofc the Air opening is the one we all love heer on Kaza. I love the first few piano sounds its so nostalgic T_T <3

Yeah he was close to a friend of mine, so I ended up meeting him.

This is pretty good, yeah! Here’s some more artcore from sasakure.uk, as mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8lA4T6PMk

Too bad it’s only the short version I could find >_<

1 Like

Pepe please!!! If you have any mroe ArtCore tracks… POST THEM ALL HERE! PLEASE <3
I think ArtCore is going to be one of my fav genres soon or later, I just want alllllllll the soooooongs.
Its pretty hard to find them imo so thats why if you have any … PLZZZZZ
-Lots of love, Ika :DD

1 Like

So if anyone would like to go on another adventure- I bring Mamiffer. This is Aaron Turner of Isis’ wife’s band.

It’s something else. Words aren’t good enough. You just have to sit back and listen. Like, not even do anything, just listen.

Edit: I bring more -3-

This next track is an epic. You’ll need a nice chunk of time to enjoy it, but it is an experience. No skipping~

1 Like

Oh my @Pepe I didnt even notice but An-fillnote (AcuticNotes) has made another “new track”.
And the genre is “invisible hardcore”. And man the quality in that track is just phenomenal, I love his work!
Check it out: https://soundcloud.com/an-fillnote/melaschiaroscuro

I think this thread needs some real music.

1 Like

is this like 3 combined songs together? I dont even…

Why not just have it all?