Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

Outer Science? Isn’t that a Kagerou Project song?
(What the anime Mekaku City Actors is based on)

2 Likes

Yeah I think it is. Im actually suprised someone knows about that :slight_smile: thats nice

Well, we mentioned Supercell :stuck_out_tongue: I mentioned Porter Robinson who used Vocaloid AVANNA in his album, and I mentioned Touyu (a Utaite) and Froggie (a Youtaite) both of which do Vocaloid covers.
I like most of the Vocaloids. I used to follow the Vocaloid Ask blog things until ~2011 when some of the good ones started closing down. The Oliver one is still great though.
Oh, I went to see Miku and friends live once too. I have footage on Facebook somewhere but it’s low quality.

Anyone who has seen my cosplaying knows I’m a Kagerou project fan~ Not my favorite songs, but close. I’m also a very big fan of the Sarishinohara/Yonjuunana story, and the Leia/Reon story.

It’s hard to pick favorites due to how different the songs can get, but the ones that I’ve listened to so much until I got bored of them include: Circus Monster, The Lonely Princess and the Attendant, Palette, Hello How are you?, Rolling Girl, Run and lots more~

Let’s cite some examples!

Vocaloid Megurine Luka - Lie

Utaites Glutamine and Akiakane - Rolling Girl

A Youtaite chorus version of Spin-Off Hero

The best Vocaloid rap ever

2 Likes

I’m gonna be honest… I really don’t like vocaloids. They just sound really annoying to me.

2 Likes

You gotta point, sorry. I totally love the Lie by Luka.
I would like to see Miku live once too, hopefuly that day comes.

I personally love Leia/Reon story.
Ohh a cosplay? Well sorry If I knew that sooner I would know that you are a kagerou project fan ;p.

That’s why Utaites and Youtaites exist There are enough out there for everyone to like at least one~

Psst, you should totally follow me on Twitter :stuck_out_tongue: I follow back~
Did you like the Mekakucity Actors covers of the songs?

That is completely fine.
I was like that too until I found Luka, then I fell in love with her xd.

I havent finished the whole anime so I need some more watching, but yeah I like them :slight_smile:

By the way, +1 for Hiroyuki Sawano. I’ve fallen head over heels for the guy’s music, to the point where I’ll watch an anime just because he’s composing for it.

Also, shoutout to trance artist zts who’s notable for doing all the ‘epic’ compositions of Umineko, and a bunch of Key remixes as well!

2 Likes

Just looked him up. He did GC, so he must be good~ Haven’t seen any of the other things he’s done though. My friend loved Blue Exorcist a lot, so I might watch that eventually~

1 Like

Has he done the OST for Blue excorsist too? if yes im totally watching it!

Apparently so~ He did the movie as well.

1 Like

Oh god the hype is real!

Okay so I was listening to this really good epic music mix, and I tought some of you may actually like these 2 songs that starts at 22:37 and then goes to the second track that is imo even better!
Tell me what you think, do you like it? Does this kind of music gives you goosebumps?

Edit: I made the vid play it at the exact time where the song starts, so you dont have to actually look after it.

I listen to a lot of 80s New wave/Synthpop/ Post-Punk and Alternative rock. So you’ll find artists like New Order, Duran Duran, Orchestral Manoeuvres in The Dark (OMD), Tears For Fears and the Pet Shop Boys on my phone playlist. I also listen to some EDM, Trance, House music, Rock, Top 40 Pop, and Indie music.

Additionally, there’s also Video Game OSTs(mostly Nintendo OSTs) that I used to listen to a lot back in 2011 and I still listen to it every now and then. And then there’s the Anime OSTs and Key OSTs where I discovered artists like Lia, Rita, Yanagi Nagi etc.

2 Likes

You have a really good field of music taste! That is cool!

Could you say your favorite producers? Or just someone that you recommend or just enjoy listening to?

1 Like

Owari no Sekai Kara anyone?

7 Likes

Havent heard this one, but it sounds really nice :3.
Especially the part at 3:00 is really awesome.

1 Like

Aw man I could end up spending too much time in here. DANGEROUS THREAD IS DANGEROUS. Time to take this thread on a journey. * w *

So a few things- I was never really big into music until early Highschool when I stumbled across what is still my favorite (although no longer together) band Isis. The first album I’d heard was Panopticon, which at the time I’d had no real understanding of music as an art form. I’d grown up mostly listening to whatever the hell my parents were blaring or whatever was on the damned radio on the bus ride to school.

When I first Isis I’d not thought anything of them other than that it was just background music, but over time I found myself delving into the album itself for a few reasons. After listening extensively to the album itself I kept finding a new hook, something buried within the noise, hearing a vocal more clearly or for the first time (Aaron Turner purposefully makes vocals an instrument- No more present than anything else.) It became an adventurous experience, up until the point that I wanted to look into what the album was. Wondering why it made me feel differently than other music did. Of course that’s simply the magic of music, though.

What was neat though was finding out that the album was a concept album. All the lyrics and art within it (I’m a vinyl nut) come together to provide a message or pose a question. Music that makes you think in various ways. It is, of course, an album that roots deeply in Bentham’s Panopticon prison design and the general idea of private surveillance and loss of privacy to create a perfect society. A safe society has cameras on every light post sorta stuff.

But in the end, it’s a loud and abrasive album at first, but it’s littered with simply beautiful ambiance and things. I’d highly recommend sitting and trying it out sometime if you can keep an open mind~ I know loud isn’t always easy for people to enjoy. There are of course many other things I listen to, but this was the start of my music appreciation in life- Something that I think defines me as a person today.

2 Likes

The way you responded to this topic is phenomenal.

I like people that find something unique, and sticks to it. Its clear that Isis had made you realise a lot of things about music overall.
By just reading, I feel kind of passionate and exciment behind the words that you absolutely love it and you will keep loving it until the end. It will be in your heart forever - that kind of bond with music is in my opinion the best. Smething that makes you feel different yet really happy.

As you said, the magic of music.

I havent heard about this band, but the way you described it makes me want to go on a rampage all night listening to that band hehe~.
Thanks for that Biz, really awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like