Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

OMG I’m so glad to see some people suddenly sharing Snail’s House stuff! He’s pretty low key for now so I’m quite surprised. He makes such good stuff too! Here’s one of his recent works that I’m absolutely hooked on:

Sound of destinyyyyy. I swear I can’t tell how many times I’ve woken up in the morning and this song just starts playing in my head. Glad to see you’ve shared the Nana Mizuki version, too~

3 Likes

Amigooo!

I’m happy that his works are getting out there. I got a hold of his music from Hentai dude’s stream on soundcloud back then and now Akidearest is using some of his works so his name will hopefully start to surface.

Nice pick on cocoa, I raise you a Grape Soda

1 Like

Ohohoho you wanna go m8? Let’s go old school then!

Yeah that’s probably the song that made me discover Snail’s House; all the way back a year ago haha

1 Like

Old school is great

Gotta say, when this first was released that’s when I started to get into the works of Snail’s House

2 Likes

OMG SNAILS HOUSE/UJICO* IS BEING SHOWN HERE?!
WOOOOOOO TIME TO GRAB ALL OF HIS ALBUMS AND SINGLE SONGS AND POST IT HERE.

No seriously if you want some really good music from Snail’s house, go buy the “Storyteller” album its really… FUCKING GOOD.
@Pepe I think there are more people than us following some popular japanese producers :P. THE TRIGGER IS REAL.

Here is the storyteller album https://0101.bandcamp.com/album/storyteller

And Im going to post one of my fav songs from him too :stuck_out_tongue:

@andrewcee also that one more time one more chance always gets me, especially the piano version <3.

2 Likes

Hello, This is “Girl From Heavens”, it adapted from quates of Air by Misuzu and Yukito. It is a piece of music on an album “Two Moon Butterflies” by Koan, a psychedelic, ambient trance band of Moscow, Russia.

1 Like

Are there any fans of Moeshop. Realized recently that he has drawn some attention so I thought to myself, maybe the power of future funk has spread to Kaza?

Here are some of my favorite tracks, yo

2 Likes

Guess I should tell what music I’m interested in.

I’m mostly listening to a lot of video game osts, some of my favorite composers are Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, Motoi Sakuraba and Koji Kondo. Oh, and ZUN, since I’m also a big fan of the Touhou soundtracks. I also like remixes and arrangements of these themes (Touhou, that is), some circles I like there are TAMusic, Demetori, Sonic Hybrid Orchestra and some of the stuff IOSYS is doing.

Now for what I’m posting here, some stuff from my own country:
First of, Die Ärzte, a german punk rock band:

I like this band for both their lyrics and their music.

And second, a band I already liked as a child, Die Prinzen:

I think I like this band for their tendency to be mostly acapella.

And since three is such a nice number, a third band, this time from Austria, Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung:

This one I actually like more for their lyrics, these are often really funny.

2 Likes

I’ve recently been listening to Yukizakurasou. I’m surprised it hasn’t really been mentioned here. It was mentioned in a different topic a very long time ago. But anyways, Yukizakurasou is a doujin group centered around Key! Although it seems like they haven’t been active in a few years. Here’s a version of Gentle Jena that they did and I think its absolutely amazing.

4 Likes

Yeah I am a big fan of MoeShop, I listened to him when he was known as Keyboard kid, and also he has another account on soundcloud called “Tsundealer” where he mostly posts chill stuff with guitar.
Side note: You Look So Good track has been played over 170 times on my phone, interesting.
Future funk is a genre I love listening to and I if you want to check more stuff like his, you should check the funkypanda channel on youtube.

Actually not have heard of “Tsundealer” before, intersesting find.
Personally, future funk (and funk in general) is nice contrast to some of the monotonous everyday tasks. Whether it be doing laundry for chores, the genre just puts you into the groove to dance. If you’re interested, “FunkLeblanc” does remixes and originals which you might like.

Well seems like MoeShop has made another account on soundcloud called “dakimaki” where he posts his dubstep tracks. He’s pretty damn diverse.

https://soundcloud.com/dakimaki/megamoe

1 Like

@Inuconandoyle mentioned on discord that they found a VGM Remix channel on youtube. I’d be interested to know which channel that is since I myself would like to hear such remixes. And since this could also interest other people, I mean the topic does say “Discover new music!”, I thought of asking that here and not on discord.

Past couple days I’ve been listening to the classic Kumikyoku Nico Nico medley again for the first time in a while.

Always really enjoyed this medley and also loved the instrumental and other versions of it.
It’s great to come back to it over the 8 years since I watched the automatic mario version of it and downloaded it to my computer:

This was before I ever got into anime and stuff, it was probably one of the first anime related things that I liked a lot (I only ever listened to the instrumental for a long time though). It was really fun to re-listen and recognise more and more songs as I got into anime and the culture.
Pretty funny how I had heard a bit of Tori no Uta through this (Little Busters is right there in the description too!!!) maybe around 4/5 years before I started getting into vns/anime and Key.

It’s a channel called Plasma3Music Remixes and their remixes range from orchestrated renditions to EDM/trance versions of VGM tracks. Here are some of their remixes that I really like.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s some good stuff there. Thanks!

I like listening to songs by RSP, ( Real Street Project), a Japanese band ( though I do not understand Japanese, their songs sound really nice) . My favourite song is ‘sakura anata ni deaete yokatta’. You will find this song being used in many fan-created music montage of romance anime. The Clannad montage which uses this song had become really popular on YouTube. Note: the clip contains massive After Story spoilers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xR6mPY6S0

1 Like

There was controversy over whether this short/music video was anime or not(personally I don’t care) so I’ll just put it here.

Beautiful short, pulled many emotions out of me. The song is godly :masgrin:
Everyone deserves to watch this.

5 Likes

Speaking of Porter Robinson, I also really enjoy this rip of his song Goodbye to a World.

Just found this one and thought about you guys.

3 Likes