Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

So day before yesterday I listened to this song on YouTube and I really enjoyed it, especially the violin like instrumentation that was used from 2:01 onwards. I don’t know what the name of the instrument is but I really like it and I think it was used in some of the tracks of the Rewrite OST, specifically Scattered Flowers.

Now let’s talk about Tears For Fears cause why not? I’ve been a huge fan of Tears For Fears’ music ever since I listened to them back in 2013. They were one of the first bands that made me get into the new wave/synthpop music of the 80s and I like how their sound changed from using synthesizers and guitars to occasionally adding other elements like pianos, violin strings and saxophone to create a sophisticated and beautiful sound to their music. Most people probably know them for “Everybody Wants to Rule The World”, “Shout” and “Head Over Heels” but they also had other songs like “Mad World”, which got covered by Gary Jules, “Change”, “Pale Shelter”, “Sowing the Seeds of Love”, “Advice for the Young at Heart”, “Cold”, “Break it Down Again” and many others.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh man, I forgot how much I looooove this song

Could listen to it over and over and over again

Boston is so great

1 Like

I have planned to use this song to make Key’s MAD but I have one problem that What program I need to use for it.
Song: Proud of You, From: R-Type Final Ending Theme

So lately, I’ve been listening to two songs. “You Belong to the City” by the late Glenn Frey of the Eagles and “Lazy Eye” by the Silversun Pickups. I really like both these songs so I want to share it with you guys.

I like to listen this music when I’m working. It always make me more powerful to continue working.
Well, Why doesn’t anyone try this music when you’re working?
Music: Lightning strike again, From: Thunder Force 4

(I will feel like tama in this picture when I listened this music.)

This is somewhat old, but I found this English piano cover of Yuyoyuppe’s Leia:

I found it by accident when I was looking up the lyrics to that song and instead only got a synopsis of what the song’s about.

[quote]This song is about an artist who painted a picture of a girl, then fell in love with her. The artist, incapable of seeing it was just a picture, ripped his eyes out, preferring his delusion instead of reality. He then burned himself along with the portrait after realizing it couldn’t return his feelings.[/quote] (Paraphrased from Leia’s entry on the vocaloid wiki.)

From the same person (miku-tan) I also found this piano+English cover of Bad Apple, a doujin Touhou song:

Anywho, one of my favorites right now, and this is very different from the two above, is probably the SuketchP remix of AVTechNO!'s boku boku:

(You can find the lyrics here (or here). Although it’s for a different version of the same song, the lyrics are mostly the same.)

EDIT: OH! I forgot about this, I was meaning to post it days ago. I also found this godly piano arrange of Meltdown by cillia!

its so gud, I cri evry tiem.

She even gives the MP3 (unlike on most of her videos) in glorious 320kbps: Glorious 320kbps MP3 Here.

[quote=“Gnashes, post:279, topic:498”]
And oh hey… This is pretty cool (although much more… rough? I guess is the word I’d use)
[/quote]Man, I really like that version of Outer Science too. I haven’t really looked much into ONE before though, despite that. Also, unfortunately the first video in your post was taken down. ._. Was this the song? (A search for “Aria on the Planetes” didn’t yield anything for me, but the YouTube video you posted gives “ONE - ミライ (…” as the video name, so I just did a search for mirai and that was among the first results.)

Yep! That would be the one. I’d pretty much just discover ONE at the time I posted that, or I’d have mentioned something sooner.

If you like the beautiful, soft, gentle, calming Piano songs that Shinji, Jun, Ryo, and the rest of Key Sound Label music composers make, then you should listen to Yiruma.

Yiruma creates beautiful calming piano pieces. He is a Korean pianist who you might know, for creating “Kiss The Rain” and “River Flows in You.”

Here’s “Kiss the Rain” for all of you who might be interested, or need something to calm you down :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Now that is beautiful <3.
I feel like I have heard it somewhere but I cannot say where.
I love piano music, I used to play piano when I was little so I am kinda attached to it, and I just love those emotional piano songs, they put my heart at ease, peace and/or into a sad mood that I want to be in (even tho it may sound weird, but Im sure other people does that too).

@NotKyon theres so much of those that I usually skip them, but damn that AVTechNO has a good vibe to it.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

I don’t know why this song makes me a little cry after I listened this song with my headphone. :cry:
Song: Cosmos (From R-Type Tactic 2)

Good song! I’m starting to like this ultra sappy nakige soundtrack-ish piano music, even if it sounds cliche. Here’s a song from another sappy VN-based anime I watched recently:

Do you know any other VN/anime studios or artists who do this kind of music? (Besides Key of course) Are there any music theory buffs here that can describe what exactly makes this genre sound unique and “Japanese”?

Oh, and happy (late) International Women’s Day! In celebration, here are some women who can SHRED:

Here’s Boris, a Japanese sludge metal band. The guitarist, Wata, can shred like crazy.

Here’s Marissa Paternoster from Screaming Females. I don’t remember if I posted this band before, but it’s worth posting again. I don’t know what genre to put them under, other than just plain RAWK \m/ If modern rock leaves you with a deficiency in vitamins E, A, D, G, B, and e, you definitely need to see them live. There are a lot more insane guitar solos in their live shows than in their recorded songs.

Anyone know any other good women guitarists?

1 Like

After trying to find this song for a couple of weeks, I finally remembered it was part of my osu! library, and since it’s Key related, I thought I would post it here since I haven’t seen it on here before.

You haven’t seen it on here because we already have a separate thread for Key’s music. Type in “Key Sound Label” and you should find it

On other news, I discovered this song a few days ago and fell in love with it. This song is about one-sided love, and is just gorgeous.

1 Like

I didn’t know if it was appropriate in Key sound labels, so i thought I might as well put it here.

Also, that’s a pretty amazing arrangement.

I’m really liking these. They’re a bit old, but I didn’t find 'em until earlier this year or late last year. Been listening to them quite a bit. First two are Electrocutica. (S)he has done stuff with AVTechNo! before, which is how I found them.

Drain (Re:act Mix, English). 6m:47s.

(That Lain image though…)

This song is pretty great. Love the vocals, and the beat. The beat can be a bit scattered, but in this case I’m pretty fond of that sound.

Hysteresis. 6m:35s.

It’s got a really great chill sound but isn’t afraid to change tones and go places either. There are parts of moderately high energy that go quite well with the theme of the song overall.

Chain De/structioN (Sakuzyo, Siilento’s Remix). 3m:27s.

Classified as “liquidfunk,” though it sounds higher energy than the liquidfunk that I’ve looked up to me.

Found this one through osu!. Not sure if I already posted but… even if so, worth another post, heheh… ^^;;

Also, I made a short experimental track. Not sure if anybody’s interested in something like this, but here it is anyway:

Experiment 17. 1m:37s.

1 Like

When I listen this song, It reminds me “Key’s Music Box”. Well I think it maybe fits for some key’s animes…or not?
Song: Last Letter (Music Box Ver.) From: Thunder Force V (OST Album 2013)

That Sakuzyo remix man, I have been playing that track over a year in osu! and also I am a big fan of sakuzyo, you should definitely check his piano stuff, hes like mozart. Really crazy talented guy. @Pepe knows what Im talking about.
Ill share some of the goodies here.
Heres a classical one:

and here is something I love from his works that is different since he is still an electronic producer :stuck_out_tongue:

Sakuzyo is one of my favorite Japanese producers of all time and seeing his stuff shown here just triggers me sorry ;p

2 Likes

Though I wasn’t a fan of the ALO or GGO arc, the Mother’s Rosario arc was definitely the highlight in SAO for me. Very beautiful. The ED was what struck to me the most. I love the chorus and the techniques used. Not to mention, LiSA’s beautiful voice.

Another song I deeply enjoy would have to be “Mirai” which was used to promote the Manga, and the live-action adaption of the manga, “Orange”. I just finished the manga, and wow, the art and story was very interesting.

This is definitely one of my go-to songs. It starts of with a beautiful piano playing, then goes to the first verse. Very beautiful. The song is “Hyakunen no Koi” which translates to “A Hundred Year Love”. I can see this playing in Tomoyo After (maybe if Lia sung it).

This is my sleep song :3 The melody is just beautiful. Thought the lyrics are depressing, I don’t read them and pretend that it’s about something happy. The song is “Ikanaide”.

The next song is definitely, one of my favorites. I think I had been obsessed with this song for a while now. There’s a piano version to this, but sadly, I can’t find it. So here’s the original. Still gorgeous though. Note - Song starts at 00:15. The first 15 seconds is just random guitar melodies. This is “Kimi ha Kureta Natsu”

One of my favorite songs is definitely “Save Me”. It’s a very beautiful song. I think the chorus, verses, everything, is just beautiful.

This is the final song. It’s a Korean song, but the melody, the vocals, and everything is just perfect. It’s not something poppy. It’s just mainly them and a piano. Definitely worth watching and hearing. This is “Eyes, Nose, Lips” by Taeyang, but the Fantastic Duo version.

I hope someone found something they liked in here.

I’m a sleepy guy who enjoys listening to just “positive mood” inducing music while doing every day tasks. Even pulling weeds can be fun with a bit of good background music playing haha. These osts are a couple of my favorite tracks.

Jazzy Car ride vibes^ (not an ost but felt like I should still add this)

Happy Rainy Day vibes^

Hype-up work out vibes^

Getting ready for a dinner date Vibes^

Heartfelt vibes^

1 Like