Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

Just found out about this guy earlier today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
He’s an old musician, but I never heard of him. Hope you guys enjoy his work as much as I do.

One of my favorite K-pop songs of all time. Her cover is better than the original imo.

And if I had to be 100% honest, I also like this one.

3 Likes

Banana Party though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

We need some Suzumu here:

Suzumu doesn’t really do Shuuen no Shiori. He writes the lyrics, and writes the novels, but the actual songs are done by 150p

1 Like

So after I started playing osu! I found a band I really like, “FELT.” They do arranges of Touhou Project stuff, but also have original songs. The first song I found from them was Roll Ground from their Ground Snow album.

Here’s another FELT song, After rain from their album Silver Drive:

One last one. Y’all think ZHIEND’s English is bad, but I can at least understand (most of) it. Love this song despite its worse English. Puppet in the Dark (parts 1 and 2) from Sevens Head, one of their more recent albums:

Just finished Kids on the Slope and I’ve gotta say it was awesome. I checked it out because the idea of an anime about jazz musicians was too good to pass up, and it turned out to be great. It’s and emotional roller coaster, and while it never gets as sad as Key’s stuff, the ending is happy and heartwarming enough to rival Clannad and Little Busters. The soundtrack was awesome. It had everything from jazz standards to Coltrane, Art Blakey and Chet Baker, and even some hip-hop as part of the bgm. The opening is awesome too. I have to share this cover since I can’t find a version of the original song without background noise, or one that doesn’t give away the ending

This is it, my favorite song forever. :smile:

Been listening to the album Bezel by eufonius (the band that did Mag Mell, Clannad’s opening) all week. It’s got a really unique atmosphere, perfect for a long drive on a rainy afternoon. Also, the third track on the album, Holograph, is the opening song for Grisaia

1 Like

Lately I like listening to Nightcore mixes while gaming, like

1 Like

'tis truly a necessity that hardcore electronic music on youtube be uploaded with pictures of anime girls

4 Likes

Has anyone listened to LiSA’s Empty MERMAiD? She’s been pretty miss/hit for a good while for me now, but I actually like this quite a bit. Good song and she sounds great.

3 Likes

ikr? It must be some unwritten universal rule

@Bizkitdoh I like it

I’m not really into japanese music, I like some anime OP’s and some GiDeMo songs but thats it.
So here you have my favorite anime OP:

And some bands I like:

Rise Against

I’ve always loved them and I finally saw them on a festival in Germany this year and daaaaamn. So damn good.

Something different I also like is

CHVRCHES:

And my absolute favorite band at the moment:

Twenty One Pilots

I love every song from the first to the last and I will see them live in November! Soooooooooo exiteeeeeed!

3 Likes

Heyyyyy! Finally someone else who likes Twenty One Pilots! I actually just saw them live a week ago, it was awesome~ I live in Columbus, their hometown, so its been really cool following them as theyve gotten really popular all over the world.

My top favorite song by them is probably Kitchen Sink

But I also really love some of the stuff by just Tyler from No Phun Intended like Drown and Blasphemy

1 Like

Yep Kitchen Sink is a great song! I choose Guns For Hands because it’s the song I first listened to and most of my friends say it’s the best song they made. I have a hard time to choose a favorite song but it probably would be Anathema, Fake You Out or Migraine.

And how could I call them my favorite band if I didn’t even know about Tylers solo project… I already love the two songs.

1 Like

Sharing a couple of songs I’ve been listening nonstop these past few days

Shirushi by LISA. I don’t watch SAO anymore but I still follow the ops and eds. The ed songs, particularly. Overfly is uplifting. Startear sounds bittersweet, longing, sad but smiles at the end. Shiruishi is busting in tears. How do you describe music

s-AVE. Aimer. Sawano. Goodness.

Reverse cover by MikuTan. Love love this one.

I had like… 80 posts to catchup with in this thread.

I usually add one or two tracks to my playlist every few months, so my music knowledge is really limited. The songs I do end up liking, I like a lot.
The last season in anime gave us this short track by Kaori Sawada:

This is the type of song that gets overdone a loooot, but every once in a while you find a version that has something different about it. It’s enough to make it stand out. I don’t know what makes this track special, but I’ve enjoyed listening to it a lot.

Sticking to anime, I’ve been listening to the Monmusu character albums a bit. It’s hard to decide on a favorite, but I think it’d have to be Papi’s album. It’s pretty hypey and cute.

The Suu album is adorable and catchy, and maaaan that second track has a crazy good instrumental. Mero’s Frothy Love too. Moon and Mermaid feels like a Vocaloid love song, which is pretty great.
I think the real highlight is Rachnera’s album though. The instrumental of Rachnera Arachnera is surprisingly good. Like… “How did this come out of that anime?” surprising. The second track, Belle Sadique is probably more in the style of the kids nowadays.

I’ve also been listening to some MACROSS 82-99 stuff thanks to ol’ Keyori. I always kinda skipped over them because they don’t usually make my style of music, but I found a few exceptions, and it’s really nice.
Now… I’ve noticed that a lot of the tracks I like play on nostalgia in some way. I don’t know if that’s an intended theme or not.

This is the first song I heard, and it got my attention. It has that great distopian vibe to it. Sarah Bonito is all those weeby half-English half-Japanese sentences you see on the internet, and it kiiinda works? It’s weird.

Here’s quite an upbeat one. I think it’s a good example of the nostalgia thing I was talking about. The song it’s self isn’t what makes it so… Maybe it’s the vocals, or the effects? It makes it feel older than it is.

2 Likes

I really should start posting some stuff in here as I think about it.

Here’s a few of my more loved instrumental pieces. Most are from the OST of this or that, but regardless of whether they’re paired with their respective scenes, or just standalone, I enjoy them immensily. I’ll edit this as I listen and find new things. I listen to music all day at work, so I listen to a lot of stuff.

Storming New Caprica - From Battlestar Galactica (2003)

I don’t really remember how I found these, but I like them all.

Toss in the random vocaloid cover:

Add in a little vocaloid original:

Who can’t like some SYMPHOGEAH!?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20053138/SYMPHOGEAH.mp3

I’m really not sure why I like this individual thing as much as I do. It likely has to do something with how the number of individuals involved grow to hilariously over the top porportions before it’s over.

And, as my avatar clearly shows, I can’t leave without posting at least one IA related song. And what better song to share than the song that got me started into the world of vocaloid in the first place?

2 Likes

wow man, the Kaori Sawada track ^3^. Lovely.
You have brought so much nostalgia and vibes thanks to those 2 tracks from Macross. Like holy damn goosebumps haha.
I like the old groovy beat and synths :3.

@Gnashes I loved the most epic music ever one, and yeah you should post some more cuz im lovin’ it :p.

What better IA song to share? This one:

Also nice reference with the Shia Labeouf song haha :stuck_out_tongue:

While I’m here, might as well share some stuff I’m currently digging. Anyone like Future Bass?

2 Likes