Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

So I’ve found this group called “Body Language” and they sound pretty chill~

1 Like

Sorry got to 50 and decided to post before I went to sleep. Here’s my list:

Genre: alternative, rock, goth

Top three bands/musicians:

1. Voltaire
  2. Black veil Brides
  3. Breaking Benjamin

Some other bands:
One Eyed Doll - Five Finger Death Punch - Avenged Sevenfold - Blind Guardian - Falconer - Hatsune Miku - L’Arc An Ceil (Gundamn 00 op) - My Chemical Romance - Three Days Grace - LiSa/Lia (Key stuff)

There’s others but I’m to tired to remember them XD think that’s everything.

I forgot See Jane Run by One eyed doll is what got me into anime when I saw someone post a amv using that song for elfen lied XD those times where so much simpler…

Phobia album is one of the best albums in the universe. I love them, their music and everything about them. Damn those golden times. Big ups for that.
Also did you say Avenged Sevenfold and Three days Grace?

Im starting to like you even more my friend.

Based @Pepe
DAT FUNK IN MUH BODEEEEEh. CANT STOP THE FEELING OH CANT STOP THE FEEELING YEAAAAh.
Erhm, sorry for that just a little reaction from my body reacting to music >_>
whispery ITS AWESOME :3! especially the first one.

1 Like

Linken park was my entry band to music and breaking Benjamin was the second band I listen to stayed in the top 3 for the past 6 - 7 years.
I love there single Failure (that’s the name right?) I heard it on Pandora

1 Like

I’m sure @IkaCZ knows why I’m inspired to post this, but, Anberlin has an amazing discography.

1 Like

This is my jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmnKEXzeqLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8_7ckCaHNc

and here’s one for @Bizkitdoh

More Rosetta deliciousness is available for preorder, vinyl and CD, out this month. They’ve released some tracks. @raiyan @Yerian

US Vinyl is clear disc with green splatters, UK is 150 green prints and 350 solid black.

3 Likes

I found a couple of bands on Hummingbird’s Japanese Music Club.

This Toe song is just fantastic. Really calm.

I don’t really like Boris that much, but this song… I think @Bizkitdoh might like it too.

Finally, here’s something by Jinn. Another group I just found out about. At first I found the vocals to be a bit off, but I’ve since grown accustomed to it. Apparently they did stuff for an anime or something. Never seen that anime, but the song is still pretty cool.

There’s some catching up I have to do with this topic. I’ll be looking forward to everyone’s posts so far.

Also, The Correspondents are pretty great. I’ve been listening to them for awhile but hadn’t heard anything recently. Saw them come up and decided to share here. Enjoy:

1 Like

Some New Age:

And more Scottish songs!

The Correspondents and Enya are pretty good (Correspondents also reminds me of some other song but I can’t really say which one…mhm)

More things from me: everyone who saw the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser knows this one

niconico classic

and oldschool made in germanland because why the hell not^^

edit: and something @Exenorate just reminded me of on twitter

2 Likes

DUNGEON DICE MONSTERS. I listened to that way too long.

and just to stay on topic, A remix I could listen to all day.

I liked this on Soundcloud a while ago but only just started listening to it again and I’m honestly not sure why I stopped in the first place. The bassline on this song is unreal! I had to look at the artists again: Carmack and Sam Gallaitry (esta is a new one but I’m liking his stuff too). Needless to say I can see why this song is so good:
https://soundcloud.com/beatsbyesta/vic-mensa-d-o-m-l-esta-remix

1 Like

Happy Tanabata everyone! If it’s Tanabata, you pretty much have to listen to La Dispute. They’re a punk band who did a concept album about the Japanese folktale of Orihime and Hikoboshi called “Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair”. In case you don’t know the story, here is a spoken word clip of them telling it:

The second song on the album tells the story of the King of Heaven asking Orihime to come home and flooding the river of stars (at least that’s my interpretation):

Usually I don’t pay attention to lyrics in music, but this band’s lyrics really stand out. They sing about dark topics such as divorce, cancer, drive-by shootings, bridges falling down, and schizophrenics forgetting to take their medication and stabbing people. They use lots of metaphors that really grab your attention.

I also saw them a few months ago in March. It was INCREDIBLE. You could really feel the energy of the crowd shouting along. Sometimes I think music is like a religion, or maybe literally God herself. The venue is like a church (sometimes literally in the case of Philadelphia), the singer acts like he’s posessed by the devil, and singing along to the lyrics is basically mass hysteria. Here’s a short video I took to give you an idea of the experience:
https://vine.co/v/O3EHI1j9WbU

Let’s talk about Del the Funky Homosapien and Lupe Fiasco.

@Bizkitdoh I saw your post about Isis and got soooo hype for this thread. And now your mentioning Del??? You’re so cool

My love of music began early on. In 2nd grade, my parents got me Gorillaz ‘Demon Days’ and Fall Out Boy’s ‘From Under the Cork Tree’ for Christmas because I liked the music videos. They also got me Iron Maiden’s “Number of the Beast” and “Piece of Mind” because my dad wanted me to get into the stuff he liked when he was young. Those four albums shaped what was to come.

At around the same time, my parents were going to a lot of shows. Their favorite bands were My Chemical Romance (yeah that band haha), Alkaline Trio (sick punk band from Chicago with great lyrical composition) and HIM (self-proclaimed “Love Metal” band from Finland. Also Bam Margera’s favorite band). As a result, I heard all of those bands playing around the house growing up. My first ever concert was My Chem’s album release show for the Black Parade album, where I met the band. A picture of Long Haired 8 year old me with Frank Iero is floating around on tumblr as we speak. That was around the time I started teaching myself guitar.

As I got into middle school, my taste got a bit heavier. In 6th grade, my favorite bands were Pantera and Justice-era Metallica. In 7th grade, I got into Graves-era Misfits as well. By this point, I had seen and met My Chem once, Alkaline Trio twice (met them also) and I’d been to a HIM show in Philly where we met Bam Margera. Funny thing is I’ve crossed paths with him twice since then. Once at an AlkTrio show in 8th grade, and once at a Mastodon show in May 2014 (also met John Baizley from Baroness there).

Anyway, 7th grade, I started getting into more obscure metal bands. By that point, my favorites were Paradise Lost, Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Isis, Vektor, Obliveon, Agalloch and Ahab. Due to my excessive knowledge of obscure metal, I became somewhat of an elitist asshole. One night during the summer between 7th and 8th grade, I was listening to Mastodon’s “Crack the Skye” while reading the Zabuza arc in Naruto and realized “this is the greatest fucking album ever, I think I have a favorite band now.” I went through a period of obsession with Mastodon for a while. “The Hunter” came out that September, and I was so excited for the upcoming tour (that had yet to be announced).

December 8th, 2011, the night of my 8th grade winter dance, I discovered a new band; Ghost. They became my new second favorite band. Lo and behold, a few weeks later, Mastodon announced a tour with Opeth and Ghost. I went to their Philly date and it was entrancing. Being right up front for both bands changed my life. Also met Mastodon that night, and Troy accidentally confirmed the identity of Ghost’s singer to me (if it matters to you, he is indeed Tobias Forge of Swedish indie rock band Subvision, I saw him at two different Ghost shows at Philly and I have pics).

Anyway, come freshman year of high school, I began to expand my music taste. I discovered Joy Division and the Cure (though I’d been hearing the Cure from my parents for years, I didn’t really get them till then). I also joined a shitty metal band that sounded like a Pantera rip-off. The people in the band were the biggest assholes ever and my string of bad experiences during that 9 month period almost totally turned me off from metal forever. It was at this point that I hit my personal nadir, and on a whim, at an attempt to get back into anime, watched Clannad. It is very safe to say that watching Clannad when I did changed the course of my life and gave me a much more positive outlook then I had.

At the end of freshman year, I discovered post-hardcore. Not scene-kid post-hardcore, but At the Drive-in and Fall of Troy. I listened almost exclusively to post-rock, shoegaze (namely Slowdive, Pinkshinyultrablast and Tears Run Rings), emo revival and math rock for my sophomore year. I also started getting into electronic music through M83’s “Before the Dawn Heals Us.”

The next summer, I entered hip-hop through Death Grips, Bop Alloy, and one of my all time favorite artists, Nujabes.

Fast forward to today, the summer before my senior year of high school, and my favorite bands are probably Slowdive, Whirr, The Fall of Troy, Tiny Moving Parts, Jizue, Nujabes, Amesoures, Joy Division, The Sword, Teen Daze, Connan Mockasin, WMD (awesome chill electronic producer. Find his stuff on bandcamp), Thursday, and a bunch of others I can’t recall right now. I’m all over the place.

Also figured I should say, I have to thank this website for helping me find my favorite song. Although I only heard it for the first time the other day, I think Hikikomori no Uta by Jun Maeda is my favorite song. As I mentioned above, Clannad really affected my life. A little over a year after watching Clannad, I watched Kanon, Air, Angel Beats, read Kanon, Clannad and Little Busters, and watched Little Busters. Now, two years and three months after initially watching Clannad (having seen it six times total now. I know, it’s crazy) actually hearing the voice of the man behind it all was like a religious experience. Even more chilling was how directly the song spoke to me. “Awkwardly playing guitar in my room” “I don’t play games anymore, walkthroughs are a pain” “I just watch anime because that’s all I enjoy” describe my life right now perfectly. It’s crazy that someone I look up to so much seems to get what’s up, ya know?

Anyway, I hope my story isn’t too all over the place to follow, haha

Edit: I have no clue how I forgot to mention Toe in my favorites earlier

4 Likes

The music genre i like to listen the most is electronic and dance music. Some of my favorite tracks i like to listen to is soundtracks from games.

One of my favorite artists is “A_rival”.

Some of my favorite tracks:

“Heart of the crypt” from Crypt of the Necrodancer by A_rival

Venus by A_rival

You got some good taste, amigo.

Is anyone here much into K-Pop? I got to see f(x) in London yesterday after years of waiting for ANY live K-Pop in this country and it was so good, they’re the best group out there. Got Amber’s solo album from China Town while I was there, and I’ve been stuck on the song Heights:

I also found this group called B☹SSFIGHT who make some sick chip jams, I particularly like this one