Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

I like Sôma better, although Tératologie is a great album too. For some reason I didn’t like III much. And I still miss Candice. She was just awesome.

I loved Gojira! And Veil of Maya is the shit!! Wow!!! I loved the guitars! The voice feels off sometimes, but it gives the music that dark and surrounding aura that I enjoy so much. Veil of Maya is definitely added to my music list. Great choice!

1 Like

Thanks. I love Endless Rain so much, I believe is one of my favorite songs ever, if not my favorite.
RIP hide and Taiji ;-;

2 Likes

Oh man, I was just thinking about posting some Gojira here too. They’re pretty great. Also, that’s neat that they’re from the same town as you. So cool!

@EisenKoubu - That’s an awesome track. Thanks for sharing! There should be a collection of Jun Maeda music somewhere, lol.

@IkaCZ - Carbon Based Lifeforms is awesome for BG music, yeah. Maybe I’ll try having them on in the background while writing or whatever else needs more intense focus. (I dislike silence. I even have an old wind-up analog clock just for making ticking noises when the music is off, lol.)

@Pepe - Woah. I’ve never heard MintJam before. Definitely going to be checking some more of their stuff out.

@Aeroxe - Man, you nailed it there. I don’t listen to Modest Mouse much, but Weezer and Radiohead are pretty fun. My favorite from Radiohead would be Creep. It’s harder to pick for Weezer though…

@Bizkitdoh - Checked out Rosetta. I really like the lengths of their songs. (A lot of bands don’t do long songs, which is disappointing to me.) The overall sound was really nice.

Sorry, I couldn’t get caught up on everything here just yet. Lots of awesome though.

I’ll just place these here:

exist†trace - Ambivalence

This is a J-Metal~ish track. (Not very strong though.) I’ve been listening to exist†trace for awhile now. They’ve semi-recently transitioned to a pop rock style. I don’t quite like their new stuff, but it’s probably just the style change and me trying to hold onto their past works. (Like Judea.)

State Radio - Mr. Larkin

Completely different from exist†trace. This is just a normal (English) rock song. The story is nice. I’ve heard of some people crying when they listen to it closely. (I have trouble imagining it, but the story is rather sentimental.) Overall it’s a really fun song. State Radio is one of my favorite bands. (Based on play count.) I think this is a good introduction song to them.

The Replacements - The Ledge

This one’s also in English. '90s~ rock song. The guitar work and the lyrics are great, IMO. This one always makes me think of the BBC’s Sherlock series. Weird video.

1 Like

MintJam (or, at least, the composer of MintJam) made Philosophyz, so you might have heard them before xD

1 Like

MintJam basically remix every Key’s work. At least every OP and ED. XD

… Good point. xD

Then… I hadn’t heard their non-Key stuff before. xP

Fandub Bump le’s go. Dropping some favs, each song from a different artist.

Amanda Lee

Miss Shellah / Shelly Louise Hunter

HAN0N1 / Sandy Popushi

JubyPhonic

2 Likes

Back to the 90’s ! This is just fantastic :

The last video from Smash Hit Combo, a French band which mixes Rap and Djent/HxC/Death Metal. They even released their last album on Super Nintendo and Megadrive (or Genesis) cartridge !

One of my all-time favorite Thrash Metal band : Coroner. The guitar solo is just mind-blowing !

1 Like

@Bizkitdoh I think I noticed something. You mostly like rock/metal songs with good singers. Like every single one of the songs. Altho I didnt like the screamo on the 4th song - the Business suits and Combat boots.
But overall If I had to choose a fav, I couldnt because all of them are seriously DAMN GOOD! Reminds me of old times when I used to listen to this 24/7.

@Pepe Isnt this what your gf requested you to listen to? I think you shared this on your fb or something not sure tho.
The song is pretty chill and I really like it. If it’s chill, has a melody and has good vocals… theres no reason no to like it :p.

@Mecynogea I dont really like the first song, its too heavy for me :confused:
BUT THE SECOND SONG, as soon as it started playing I just went “happy face mode”. Lol I dont know how to say this but it just gave me an instant smile. Aquaria sounds really amazing I should listen to some more of their stuff. The vocals kinda reminds me of Dragonforce idk why.
Also like that Endless rain, seems like its pretty popular but I have heard this for the first time.

@Conk3r I guess Im just too soft for this kind of songs, but the Veil of Maya guitars are TOO GOOD! I should get an insturmental versions of the songs if there are any, I seriously love it.
Also…
CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINEEEE, or… SUPER SONIC RAACCIIINGG. All of them are so good. The music kinda reminds me of ost from Ridge Racer TYPE 4.
Still my favorite sonic ost of all time is “his world”.

This

It’s pretty funny to say this, but I myself listened to really hard stuff like slipknot and screamo but I dropped out since then Im more into the instruments then singing. Well I still love vocals and stuff but it has to be melodic… sasuga Ika.

I think I know why. Do you hear that female vocals in the background echoing? I think that is the reason why people would cry. It has this really sad feeling in it. And I can imagine myself cry to the song if I would be depressed or something.

Also The Ledge - somewhere at 2:00 that guitar was freaking cool.

@Rabla yo I dont know why, but I somehow knew you gonna post this kind of music. The 8bit sounds in the Amande Lee gives the song fancy feel.
About the MEMEME song, I kind of always feel bad when people do English Covers when the original is Japanese. I just dont know why but it feels odd to me. Altho the cover isnt bad at all yo, it’s just me. The same goes with Matryoshka.
But now Im weriding myself even more, Yobanashi Deceive in english version is actually so damn freakin good. Whats wrong with me lol.

PS: Sorry for the long post, I didnt have time to track all the songs until now :p. A lot of awesomeness going on here, thanks everyone for sharing their passion of their fav piece of music! Its really refreshing to see a lot of music at one place with variety of genres.

2 Likes

I like very many things, this is one of them.

2 Likes

You should go listen to all of JubyPhonic’s Mekaku fandubs. She’s put a LOT of work into each one so they convey the same story and keep similar themes across all the songs, reusing key phrases and making sure they all link and reference each other correctly. Plus, she’s a fucking good singer.

I actually recommend new people who are getting into Mekaku to go listen to her tracks rather than the original Japanese VOCALOID tracks.

1 Like

I saw them in Philadelphia a few years ago! They were good, but it made me sad because there were a really small number of people in the audience. The place felt so empty. I just fount out that they and a lot of other visual kei bands are on spotify. I should listen to them.

1 Like

That’s a pity indeed. Although I would expect that for most J-bands coming here to the states, honestly. I’d be interested in going to one of their shows for sure. Would be really awkward if there were only three or so people in the audience though. xP

Aside: So far the only concert I’ve attended was a Buckethead concert here in California. (Was really good.)

Oh, that’s a good point actually. I thought it was just the lyrics, since it’s about a man who’s working to keep a certain person alive in the old folks home. But yeah, if you combine everything it creates a really sentimental and depressing atmosphere really quickly.

1 Like

Found this album a while ago while it was being kickstarted and recently re-found it. Ended up getting a physical copy. It’s an Animal Crossing remix album, with best track:

1 Like

The memories of hearing “Call Me Maybe” Madoka knows how many times on the radio back in 2012

So while I was studying for my exams, I was listening to a few songs from a British band called Japan. They along with frontman David Sylvian, were apparently quite popular in Japan are a chief influence on the Visual Kei genre. Here’s two songs from them.

1 Like

This seems necessary.

Be sure to listen to it all. The progression is incredible and the ‘chorus’ is legend.

1 Like

NEW TWENTY ONE PILOTS ALBUM BLURRYFACE FUCKING HYPE

Some more slightly different things.

I like Emery

and Dredg

and Underoath

aaaand have an Alexisonfire.

Ill just go ahead and post a song that has been stucked in my head.
One of the best deep house tracks I have heard in a while.
(good for parties or beach fun, or just chillin)

1 Like