New Key Visual Novel 'Harmonia' Revealed!

Among all the Charlotte and Angel Beats! news, something big has crept up from the recent Dengeki G's magazine and the recently released visualstyle magazine at Comiket, seemingly unnoticed by many. Another new Kinetic Novel is being released by Key to commemorate their 15th anniversary, titled Harmonia. It is a story about humans living in a ruined world together with artificial humans with fake memories called 'Firoids'. The protagonist is a Firoid who goes on a journey and encounters two girls named 'Shiona' and 'Teepee', and begins to learn true emotions. As pictured above and below, the girl on the right holding the bear is Teepee, who is described as "A girl all alone, crying in the depths of the library." The girl on the left is Shiona, "A kind girl who smiles indiscriminately at other people. She offers her help to the protagonist.". The game will feature art by Itaru Hinoue and music by Shinji Orito.

There will also be an exhibit for the game at the upcoming 'Akiba Base!!' event being held at Bellesalle Akihabara on the 11th and 12th of April, 2015. Some are speculating that the game will be available for sale at this event, but it's yet to become clear whether or not that is the case.

Yet ANOTHER project by Key staff has surfaced! It's really beginning to feel like 2015 is the year to be a Key fan! What do you think about this new announcement? And also, if you have any news concerning Harmonia, please let us know! If any more details surface over the next few days, we'll update this post to reflect it!

A big thanks to forum members @Takafumi, @Zak89 and @Pepe for the magazine shots, and Twitter user @kotoriburd for providing translations of the images!

https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/little-bits-of-key-news/23/15
https://forum.kazamatsuri.org/t/little-bits-of-key-news/23/24
https://twitter.com/Zakkun89/status/549140705113690112

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/new-key-visual-novel-harmonia-revealed/
4 Likes

Holy shit they just keep coming!

1 Like

2015 will be THE YEAR OF TEARS.

2 Likes

Nice job, guys! Glad to see the ‘undisclosed VN project’ mentioned by Key early this year finally has a name. Between Clannad’s English release, Angel Beats! -1st Beat-, Charlotte, and now Harmonia, it’s been a challenge to keep up with all the updates! xD

3 Likes

Tell me about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok so we’ve got a visual novel, a kinetic novel, an anime, and probably a manga as long as the Kickstarter pulls through. Where are our drama CD and light novel??? I’m very disappointed in your lack of effort Key! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

KEY PLEASE.
s

The Key Kriegsmaschine hasn’t been this active since 2010, if ever

NICE!!!

Key is just bombing us with good stuff, aint even mad yo

1 Like

Another secret project that never noticed us on any of event but on magazine. I saw another planetarian in it…
And as I said before, 2015 is truly a Key year!

When I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was planetarian. A Kinetic Novel set in a ruined world with androids. Plus the costume design screams the same ideals as in the expanded planetarian content.
We know from the Junker in planetarian that there are more androids out there.
I wonder if it’s set in the same universe? Is Suzumoto writing it?

A Japanese and English release??

4 Likes

This would be such a cool followup to planetarian, a game set in the same universe, and a simulatneous Japanese and English release.

MUH DICK.
I assume it’s relatively short, because shit, they’re already doing a billion other things, so it also wouldn’t be unreasonable to see it translated fast.

Ooh, this one looks pretty interesting. given, we know basically nothing so far, but I’m still glad they’re not investing ALL of their time into the new AB vn.

:raise_eye_brow: I think you mistyped again. Fixed that for you. Indeed, they should be investing ALL their time into AB so it is the most perfect.

haha, nice try.

I love AB and all, but I’d rather have new content.

AB VN will have tons of new content. All SSS members’ past memories and new relations with Otonashi and finally reveal the secret of the world. xD

1 Like

It all makes sense now, something clasmatic will happen if ABVN is released, so they’re doing everything they can do delay it, they started off subtle by acting as if Holy Breaker wasn’t really Key, or how Charlotte, being an Anime wasn’t their full attention either, but now this comes along too seemingly for the sake of existing.

They’re shitting out short story after short story in a desperate attempt to divert their resources away from AB to prevent it’s release to save the world.

5 Likes

So aside from the character designer and the composer, there’s no info on others, like… the writer?
This might sound crazy coming from a Key fan, but I really am not into Hinoue’s drawings. So by the character design alone it didn’t really sell to me.