Metal Gear

RULES OF NATURE

whipping sounds

OK ASPI I’M SORRY I’LL POST MORE INFO.

OH BOY IT’S A METAL GEAR THREAD, talk about the bad games(Peace Walker), the good games(MGS3), the best games(Revengence), or get hype for that upcoming pile of crap(The Phantom Pain), any is fine!

Spoiler rules? Eh, Aspi you’d know more about this than me, I feel anyone who’d come to the Metal Gear thread here would be thoroughly versed in Metal Gear to begin with.

2 Likes

Ooooh? a Metal Gear Solid fan?

We’re all BIG fans of Revengeance here.

1 Like

So it’s alright if my physical Metal Gear Solid collection is bigger than my physical Key collection? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought this’d be a thread about non-stick kitchenware. I’m really disappointed right now…

1 Like

Shouldn’t this just be part of the General Gaming Discussion? Not that I hate Metal Gear (I don’t play the games because ‘M rating’, the soundtracks are good though), but it seems odd to have a franchise like this get its own thread. :confused:

Ok here’s the deal.
“RISING 2 JUST GOT TEASED”
“ASPI, I’M GONNA MAKE A THREAD FOR THIS RIGHT NOW”
no response
And so here we are.

I’m pretty sure I gave my full approval for a Metal GAR topic. But could you at least clean up the OP a little bit to clearly show what the topic is about, and spoiler rules and all that?

@EisenKoubu, I hear you, but I wouldn’t worry too much. Metal Gear happens to have a lot of, passionate fans here, and there’s no reason not to make a topic for a series lots of people will wanna discuss. Sure, we’re a Key community, and that will always be our focus, but there’s no reason we can’t talk about other things as well!

1 Like

I understand.

Although, it makes me wonder if I could start a Tales of thread or Sakura Wars thread… :3

No reason not to, but at least try to gauge whether there’s enough people who would be willing to talk about the series to justify making a topic before doing so. Ask around on the general gaming topic~

1 was cheese.
2 was bananas.
3 was AMAZINGGGGG.
4 was a good movie.
RULES OF NATURE
PEACE WALKER
BETTER PEACE WALKER
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Yeah I would love to talk about Metal Gear, it’s iconic and objectively quite deep- All be it silly at many times.

On the note of Metal Gear Solid

Any hype for The Phantom Pain?
There are gameplay videos floating around youtube and it looks pretty damn good except for the strange deployable balloon system thats used to send things to motherbase. What do you think?

I used to be a big fan. I loved 1 and 3 (especially 3 holy fuck), 4 was good, and I liked Peace Walker.

I just sort of fell off the wagon since then, I guess. But tbh this series needs to end. Kojima&Konami are just milking the cow at this point.

1 Like

I don’t think so, It would be true if they announce another game of snake, the whole history of Snake have been told, but there are a ‘‘hole’’ in the Big Boss history, MGS V is going to erase that hole, I think is a necessary and final game. If there are anymore MGS game by Kojima, then I’d agree that is excessive.

I’d be so hyped for another game of Snake. I never finished the first one, but it was a lot of fun.
I prefer the versions that don’t kill you if you hit the sides of the screen though.

I’ve heard some people are thinking that MGSV will be the gateway for Kojima to reboot the series, moving forward in the timeline to Metal Gear 1 and 2 remakes.

I’ve never got past the PSX one, but I loved it, and still hear the OST as I’m writing these lines. And VR Missions! The Ninja ones were the best

Get to correct that mistake someday…

I see many people on the steam forums begging Kojima for a Metal Gear Solid collection to be released on PC/Steam.

Go figure. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-wants-open-world-metal-gear-solid-1-remake-/1100-6425043/

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet seen the E3 demo for the Phantom Pain here’s a link http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/06/18/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-gameplay-demo-e3-2015
Here comes the hype train for MGS V: The Phantom Pain.