Metal Gear

The official launch trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is here in all of Konamis glory.

Metal Gear veterans prepare for a nostalgia trip.
Mind the spoilers for most of the Metal Gear games.

2 Likes

Just one more week until the game is out. I am excited. Been watching some Metal Gear streams those last days.

Just tried Ground Zeroes on my aging PC and I was amazed to see how well it ran! I went and preordered The Phantom Pain on Steam after that. Canā€™t wait!

1 Like

The. Ultimate. METAL GEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Seriously, I canā€™t contain my excitement.

also it seems like Psycho Mantis will be in Phantom Pain. People say that Psycho Mantis was in the trailer.

2 Likes

When MGS5 is released, I can see this thread becoming loaded with opinion, information and picture sharing. Especially base design sharing! and multiplayer/Forward-Operating-Base chatter.

No real confidence in the story beingā€¦ sensicalā€¦ at this pointā€¦

but the gameplay looks fun so Iā€™ll be playing it when I have the time

More like Metal Gear Solid no thanks.

The plot has been dubious from Day 1, with every trailer introducing something more idiotic than the last each time, Ground Zeroes controlled like shit and became boring if you played it as a stealth game, and the prospect of supporting Komani right now by giving them sales is something Iā€™m pretty adamant in not doing. Iā€™ve brought one Capcom came since they killed Megaman(And that was Ace Attorney, come on), I can do the same for Konami.

ā€˜Literally Metal Gear REXā€™ is absolutely fucking stupid and just pandering to Nostalgia boners(which I hate) at the cost of completely fucking the lore of the game, just let it have itā€™s fucking Super Robot form and get rid of that pointless REX form, I mean shit, the REX form is already fucking with the super robot form by ruining the head.
Speaking of Nostalgia pandering bullshit, whoops thatā€™s what half this trailer was, just a a slapped together nostalgia trip.

Iā€™m not going to fall for cheap marketing tricks like that just for the sake of buying a subpar game that has a very real chance of shitting on Big Boss character.

Iā€™m a big Metal Gear fan, I brought a PS3 for MGS4 even after Iā€™d already played it on someone elses PS3. So this game looking like a steaming pile to the point where I wonā€™t get it doesnā€™t make me happy.

1 Like

Pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly.

MGS4 shouldnā€™t have happened (even if it was great), but this is just moneygrabbing.

This video is pretty much my entire knowledge of the franchise now.

2 Likes

Time flies for me when I play MGSV:TPP. Itā€™s so great and so much to do constantly.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing quite a bit, but propably not as much as most others, since I have a different way how I feel about games, so I am taking many breaks. Also the loading times on PS4 are horrible, often more than a minute. Definitly not what you would expect from a PS4, it often takes like about 10 second to just load when you open the menu too.

1 Like

Iā€™m really loving MGS5 at the moment. Playing the PC version. The control scheme got some getting used to since its strangely a Xbox port, the tutorials keep telling me Xbox controls and they changed somethings from Ground Zeroes so I had to go through the ā€œhitting every key to see what it doesā€ phase. Especially using the 1,2,3,4 keys for changing weapons instead of G.

as a Playstation player I always press square instead to fulton since there is a square in the fulton symbol and it sometimes gets me into trouble.

on another note, the loading times went down by a lot, when I switched to offline mode. Guess I know what to not use anymore.

Playing on PC whenever I have time between work and study, and loving it! Itā€™s everything Iā€™ve wanted so far.

1 Like

I havenā€™t yet been able to get online mode to work, either to maintenance or high server load. Iā€™m waiting to make use of my Ground Zeroes save port.

it worked yesterday, but it seems like server is having problems again today, which sucks, because Iā€™d at least love to get online for the daily reward

1 Like

Iā€™m enjoying this substantially more than GZ and 4. This is a really good modernization on Peacewalker. My biggest concern was level design, but this world is pretty well made, surprisingly. Itā€™s still not better than 3 in my books, but as a PW without the area-to-area loading nonsense, this is great.

Damn, reallyā€¦? Xbone takes about 10 seconds max for load times.
Canā€™t say the same for the secret ā€˜mask the world loadingā€™ load times with the helicopter riding in- But yeah.

1 Like

well, at least when I was connected to the servers. Might just be a problem, because the servers are really instable right now. When I play in offline mode, I have just like some seconds, which is totally fine.

I played metal gear solid: integral (Japan exclusive) with very easy mode, with the effect of very easy mode, the player started the game with mp5 w/unlimited ammo, so when was started I begun to destroy them all. (Iā€™m sorry that Iā€™m not good enough in this game :sweat_smile: ) And For now, Iā€™m still waiting for MGS5: the phantom pain.