Metal Gear

Metal Gear Online isn’t as far away as first planned.
I couldn’t get over the cute stuffed puppy decoy, reminded me straight up of Angel Beats Shiina falling for the puppy trap.

3 Likes

Umm, I understand what you said, that the puppy in Metal Gear Solid 5 looks like the puppy decoy in Angel Beats, right? (Umm, After I saw your picture, it reminded me the little wolf in Metal Gear Solid 1.)

1 Like

No no no, I mean that they use a puppy’s cuteness as a decoy but you’re right, I didn’t notice that MGS5 decoy looks like the wolf-dog puppy from MGS1.

1 Like

Oops, Sorry.

1 Like

Everyone who play metal gear series should listen this song. it’s a great song. :smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah I remember that one, haven’t heard it in a long time. Since I played MGS4 I think, I used to play that song a lot on the iPod.

My favourite theme is still Heavens Divide, personally. Sins of the Father is amazing but yeah.

I bought The Phantom Pain last year for the PS4 and have only just got around to trying it out ( felt like a little break from VNs). I don’t know why I bought it, I am incredibly useless with the controller at these types of game and sure enough I just keep getting my ass handed to me…

I try to stealth everything but end up more like a herd of elephants and always seem to end up in a massive shoot-out. Also can’t get the hang of the management options at the base. I can’t see myself making much progress and will be back with the VNs very soon I think!

It’s certainly not for everyone,I’d recommend reading alot of “Hidden Mechanic” guides,or watching videos. The game doesn’t tell you about 80% of the most useful strats,you just kinda have to find out/know about them.

I did about the same as you my first time through Act 1.

My biggest advice for you,would be to not worry about MIssions Ranks/etc for now,and just blast through the story to unlock the most useful items,then go back and redo those missions to get S-Rank/All Tasks completed,if you’re a completionist.
Specifically after Mission 31,there’s a Side-Op unlocked where you have to catch the Legendary Jackal,and it unlocks easily the most useful utility item in the game.
Once you have about 200 hours in it,you’ll realize how easy it is to cheese out the AI,I myself reset my data,and went through the story again using only base gear,and without researching a single item,just to see if it was possible.

So,TL;DR read mechanic guides,and just play a lot to get the feel for it.

2 Likes

200 hours! :fearful: Not sure If I can handle that much…but it sounds like good advice so thanks for your suggestions. At the moment I have got mostly C and D ranks :grimacing:

EDIT: OMG I got an S rank for Episode 5 :yahaha:

Somehow, I finished TPP - at least the main story with the “reveal” though I have completed < 50% apparently. Nearly gave up twice with the two boss fights but amazed myself by getting through them eventually. Completely forgot about the Legendary Jackal side-op that @Iotheria mentioned.

Gameplay was a bit repetitive at times but I do enjoy sneaking around. Like many games once you see what you can and can’t get away with it’s a bit easier.

I wasn’t paying that much attention to the story as it didn’t make much sense to me as I haven’t played any of the previous releases ( I gather the timeline jumps back and forth ). I wouldn’t want to go back and play the older games, but I just wonder does the whole story all make sense when you have the context of all the other MGS games?

The story doesn’t make that much more sense even in context. Metal Gears overarching plotline has continually gotten more complex and it starts making a lot of insane leaps in attempts to tie the whole mess together in MGS4. While it was intended to wrap up all the plot threads from the previous MGS games (with most of the really confusing parts originating from MGS2), it doesn’t exactly succeed.

The character arc of Big Boss is one of the easier parts to understand about the series (mainly because MGS3 is frankly the least weird MGS game), but a lot of it would probably just kinda zoop over your head if all you played was TPP. The games that are most important to understanding TPP are MGS3 and Peace Walker, and without those the entire backdrop to TPP is basically missing.

2 Likes

Nice going,Boss!
You made them give back our past!

1 Like