Little Busters! - Minigame Discussion

Well I stand corrected that. Final baseball game is totally random, fuck that shit

At least itā€™s not too difficult to win, and the guide on tlwikiā€™s walkthrough page seems to help as well.

1 Like

I think I managed to win it once after reloading multiple times, but I didnā€™t play with Masato much. That might have been my downfall. I had no idea what I was doing when the game happened though, so I was winging it.

A good field players layout is vital in improving your chances to win. A decent batting order is preferable too. Other than thatā€¦ well just donā€™t bother trying it before you get Kengo, for your sanityā€™s sake.

1 Like

Oh no, I had Kengo and I did everything the tlwiki said as well. It still took me over an hour to get a victory. Iā€™m only mad that it didnā€™t really feel that rewarding as all I got was Kyousuke screaming that we won in the pancake party. The reward was definitely not worth the hour of torture.

1 Like

Lol I won on my second playthrough. But trying to beat the Unknown Lifeform, that I may have spent at least a half hour on.

What makes me the most angry whenever I go through the baseball game is that the Little Busters treat a tie as if it were a loss. So everyone is just as disappointed if you tie and still act as if you were beaten.

I won the baseball minigame on probably at least half my playthroughs, including the super-important first time you get Kengo (when you get the scene with the photo instead of the pancake party). Maybe Iā€™m just good at the batting practice?
On the other hand, the unknown lifeform I beat by savescumming once (and it has two harder forms in later playthroughs? Screw that!), and Mask the Saito Iā€™ve never beaten at all. (apparently heā€™s easier if you get lucky and get a trade for a certain item, but oh well)

Total opposite for me. Went through the lifeform plot and Saito multiple times with no problems.

Am I the only person that still plays the baseball mini-game (does anyone remember backyard baseball?)

I understand that items donā€™t affect the outcome of the baseball game, but surely individual stats do right? They change in response to your progress through the routes.

Also, I thought the group photo CG was a reward for completing the baseball game.

Sometimes when Iā€™m feeling stressed, I come back to the batting practice minigame. Itā€™s therapeutic!

1 Like

A true man has a save file for each time of day practice.

DAT NIGHT ONE DOE.

2 Likes

Individual stats make a huge difference in the game, as shown with later playthroughs.

Also if you apply stupidly high stats, say 9000 for all the Little Busters, the opposing team doesnā€™t get a chance to leave the pitch, and are basically useless on the field.

1 Like

I must be really boredā€¦

Little Bustersā€™ minigames are simple and not very deep, but theyā€™re harmless. To me, the most enjoyable one is Baseball Practice, mainly because itā€™s always interesting to see how big a combo you can get (I think my high score is roughly around 20, but I have no way of proving that), or who you end up hitting depending on which direction the ball flies. (Poor Komariā€¦ :frowning: ) No one baseball game plays out the same, and the background music is icing on the cake. :3

The battle system is surprisingly more barebones than Dragon Questā€™s battle system (as if that was even possible to begin with), with almost everything being reduced to RNG. The only two things under your control are a roulette of weapons that may either help you or hurt you, and a choice of buff and debuff accessories. Itā€™s alright, although it kind of loses its appeal after you unlock everything related to it. The battle themeā€™s good, though.

The rest of the minigames are event-specific, with a heavy tie to Rinā€™s antics in the common route. Theyā€™re not bad, and the riposte minigame reminds me a bit of Sakura Warsā€™ LIPS system.

Itā€™s funny that you brought up Backyard Baseball, because thatā€™s exactly what I thought of the first time I played the Baseball minigame- I played that game all the time when I was younger. It got me interested in baseball for a while there, lol.

The first time I played Little Busters I turned the baseball and fighting minigames off after the first playthrough, but now that Iā€™m going through it without the constant ā€œBUT I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, NO TIME FOR BASEBALLā€ feelings, Iā€™m taking my time and enjoying them. Watching the titles for the battle minigame show up is a lot of fun; I forgot just how out there some of them really were. (The best one so far was probably ā€œLoves Kyousukeā€ for Riki.)

I also never knew that Mask the Saitou existed until after I finished the game. Same goes for the Mysterious Lifeform sidequest. Whoops.

2 Likes

12 Likes

If the Little Busters baseball was too easy for you, I was shown this today:

Itā€™s official.

I remember beating the final LB Baseball match one time, and then on another playthrough I wanted to beat it again for some extra scene or something. Never been able to do it again though.

3 Likes

Oh, the fabled Dark Souls of flash games. So funny to watch people just swear at that game.

I beat the final Litbus one once I thinkā€¦ I definitely got a draw once!

Same thing for me. The only time I could beat it was in my final playthrough before Rin2.

Was this Pooh game based on LitBus? So many ugly words, this definitely doesnā€™t match the Pooh atmosphereā€¦

Doubt it. Itā€™s just a generic baseball game, but due to lazy game design, is a lot harder than the childrenā€™s flash game it was marketed as.
I think this was when it got big.

basically anything Haruka said was pretty funny
HARU-CHIN MAX POWER!!

2 Likes